Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Couldn't we just buy..

Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:42 pm

A Malaysian player or something like that. Get a half decent guy in, will add to the team and we'd get extra revenue from shirt sales that way, not going red!

Look at United signing Kagawa. Quality player but they have to defend the signing as one not simply for shirt sales.

Think it would have much more benefit in different areas rather than this colour change!

Re: Couldn't we just buy..

Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:43 pm

Name me a good Malaysian player.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:45 pm

Work permits are always an issue

Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:04 pm

NO

Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:29 pm

TLewCCFC wrote:A Malaysian player or something like that. Get a half decent guy in, will add to the team and we'd get extra revenue from shirt sales that way, not going red!

Look at United signing Kagawa. Quality player but they have to defend the signing as one not simply for shirt sales.

Think it would have much more benefit in different areas rather than this colour change!

Yeah I'm sure Malaysia have a few world class players in there team..... :roll: :roll:

Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:30 pm

Apparantly Safee Sali impressed when he was on trial. Plus he's the pin-up Malaysian footballer. If we could have got him cheap it may have worked out. Better than going red IMO

Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:06 pm

CantonJack wrote:Apparantly Safee Sali impressed when he was on trial. Plus he's the pin-up Malaysian footballer. If we could have got him cheap it may have worked out. Better than going red IMO

They only wanted £14 for him

Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:30 pm

Aramore wrote:Name me a good Malaysian player.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:47 pm

Malky's had two Malaysian internationals on trial and, whilst he says they're very good, a move is incredibly unlikely due to work permit issues.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:34 pm

I haven't done my research in that respect, but look at loads of the international squads about. They may not be an international force, but they may have a decent player or two.
Look at Wales. We've got an average squad, with a few decent players and one world class player in Bale. What i'm saying is, we've got decent players and not an international force, so it doesn't mean the Malaysians don't either.

They don't even have to me Malaysian. Any Asian country, because if i'm correct, this rebranding is meant for not just Malaysia (although primarily) but for the whole of Asia.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:42 pm

bit of common sense here boys.....
one, YES they will have decent players look at the amount of people there are in their country, it would be impossible for there not too be.
We have had two of them on trial. good players but we couldnt get work permits (only reason why we havent signed them)
they lack in strength but technicaly good players.

im sure a few years ago we would of said name us a good african players just because they didnt play in our leagues.....

:old:

Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:07 pm

TLewCCFC wrote:

I haven't done my research in that respect, but look at loads of the international squads about. They may not be an international force, but they may have a decent player or two.
Look at Wales. We've got an average squad, with a few decent players and one world class player in Bale. What i'm saying is, we've got decent players and not an international force, so it doesn't mean the Malaysians don't either.

They don't even have to me Malaysian. Any Asian country, because if i'm correct, this rebranding is meant for not just Malaysia (although primarily) but for the whole of Asia.

The standard of football is also a lot poorer out there than it is to the Football League and the Premier League so there is not much chance of them producing world class players or players good enough for the Prem/Football League.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:15 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:bit of common sense here boys.....
one, YES they will have decent players look at the amount of people there are in their country, it would be impossible for there not too be.
We have had two of them on trial. good players but we couldnt get work permits (only reason why we havent signed them)
they lack in strength but technicaly good players.

im sure a few years ago we would of said name us a good african players just because they didnt play in our leagues.....

:old:

It's just spin put out by the club. Anyways reread the statements. Not at one time did Malky say they were good enough for Cardiff, he just said they were good lads and that work permits would be an issue.

It was all just a marketing exercise to increase our profile in Malaysia.

Not that I have a problem with that. It makes sense and it's win win.