Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City have Been Warned!!!

Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:48 pm

Along with a host of premier league and Championship sides that any approach to the Newco Rangers players will be followed up with legal action by the Newco club.
Charles Green has stated and now reiterated to the press and all staff that the transfer of contracts from Rangers to the Newco has now been completed and any staff who breach there outstanding contracts aswell as clubs they speak to will be reported to the games governing bodies.

Anyone else feel Gers have got a bit of a nerve threatening players and clubs with legal action over POTENTIAL breaches of contracts.

Personally I'd take Edu,Aluko,Davies in a heartbeat, Lee Wallace also.

And Jamie Forrest from Celtic.

And whilst we're scoring in Scotland Dundee UTD have a couple of good players.

Re: Cardiff City have Been Warned!!!

Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:03 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-g ... t-18582965

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 81000.html

Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:04 pm

Under TUPE you can opt out of a transfer of employment. Why do football clubs feel they are exempt from the law ?

If they insist they have right over the players contract, can the player claim the lost income from their "voluntary" salary reduction mid season.

Another thing I have never understood is if a player is considered an asset why do the liquidators not sell them ASAP to recoup lost monies or flog Ibrox ? Surely they can get more the £5.5million

Any accountants out there ?

Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:19 pm

Send one up or keep one down?

Do the SPL send Dundee Up or not Send Dunfirmline down?

Both cases are difficult, if Gers had been hit with the highest of sanctions effectively relegating them keeping the Pars safe.
Or if Dundee who finished next in line for a promotion place move up a league?

How will this be solved fairly?
New vote or playoff match?

Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:47 pm

There was an article recently confirming this wasn't leagal........just can't remember the article.

This newco will be starting life in the bottom level of the scottish pyramid which, I think is by far the best decision. Worming their way around it would be a farce.

This will be amazing for the clubs in the lower leagues and could provide a real spark to increase the interest with tv, sponsor and attendance revenues.

As for the current players, none will be obliged to transfer to a new contract with the newco. Any of them with ability to play at a decent level will be moving on asap imo and more than in their rights to do so.

Over the hill players, youngsters, and fringe players wanting to make a name for themselves (big fish small pond) will be playing for them next season.

This newco are out of order and in a dream world to expect current players to sign up to New contracts for peanutt wages.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:05 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Under TUPE you can opt out of a transfer of employment. Why do football clubs feel they are exempt from the law ?

If they insist they have right over the players contract, can the player claim the lost income from their "voluntary" salary reduction mid season.

Another thing I have never understood is if a player is considered an asset why do the liquidators not sell them ASAP to recoup lost monies or flog Ibrox ? Surely they can get more the £5.5million

Any accountants out there ?

Good question that. TUPE Regulations are for the protection of employees during the sale of a company as a 'going concern'

Rangers were liquidated and a new company emerged from the ruins which meant that their employees were not protected by TUPE. I'm not sure under what regulation Rangers believe that they still hold the registrations of Naismith and Whittaker and to me they must be free agents.

The Insolvency Practioner has to get the best deal he can for the creditors. I assume that he thought £5.5m was a better deal than a fire sale of players and a football staduim which is a listed building.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:09 pm

New company all rules out of the window, they cannot transfer players to a new company, the players can legally refuse

Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:20 pm

Igovernor wrote:New company all rules out of the window, they cannot transfer players to a new company, the players can legally refuse

I think a couple of players have.