Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Liverpool FC striker Craig Bellamy admits frustration as Car

Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:30 pm

Plus link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84740 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Liverpool FC striker Craig Bellamy admits frustration as Cardiff City discuss bid
Jun 25 2012

Liverpool FC striker Craig Bellmay has spoken of his frustration at a lack of first-team football at Anfield amid reports Cardiff City are lining up an audacious bid to bring the Wales striker back to his hometown club.

Euro 2012 Betting Odds - Bet at Blue Square
The 32-year-old secured a return to Liverpool from Manchester City on a free transfer last summer following a season-long loan at the Bluebirds the previous year.

But he found his appearances restricted after a promising start to his second spell at Anfield, starting just three games at home all season.

Cardiff City's Malaysian owners are currently considering how they can finance a deal to sign Cardiff-born Bellamy on a permanent basis as they look to appease sections of supporters disgruntled by the club's controversial re-branding exercise that will see Cardiff play in red from the beginning of next season.

It remains to be seen whether Bellamy would be keen on a move, and he could yet find himself back in favour at Liverpool after former Swansea City boss Brendan Rodgers was appointed as replacement for the sacked Kenny Dalglish.

Bellamy, who first joined Liverpool in 2006 when Rafa Benitez signed him from Blackburn Rovers, added: “It was a nice moment when I signed again, I really enjoyed it.

"But it was a strange season. I think I only started three games at Anfield so got to watch a lot of games, which wasn’t great for me.

“But I can have a very, very good assessment of the team because I didn’t play, so was watching as a fan. There were so many games we should have won and deserved to have won.

“We won the League Cup which was very important to us and we deserved to win that cup. Although we were a bit fortunate in that we won on penalties we deserved to win the game."

Speaking of Rodgers, Bellamy added: “First of all, he is a very good guy, a very, very good guy. Secondly, he knows his football.

“What he has done at Swansea is nothing short of remarkable. Swansea had it in place because Roberto Martinez built a structure. So everything around the club was brilliant for Brendan Rodgers – but didn’t he grasp it and stamp his authority on it.

“Liverpool is not that far away from having that structure. He knows he’s coming into one of the most remarkable football clubs in the world but it is a chance he deserves. I feel if he can approach this job in the way he did at Swansea then it will be a match made in heaven.”

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z1yoN3usYr