Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Latest on Bellamy

Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:21 pm

Craig Bellamy has told Brendan Rogers that he wants to play for Cardiff next season, also family reasons are also a big part of it as well, his wife refuses to leave the Vale(dont blame her) and wants Bells to be down here more with her and the children and he wants the same, this is more than money to Bellamy. Rem u need a happy player to get the best out of him.

As u know City have not made an official approach with Liverpool yet, but Malky wants him, so over to our board now as a deal can be sorted and it wont cost City as much as first thought. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Plus
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84741 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Latest on Bellamy

Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:23 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: Best news yet :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:24 pm

great news hopefully he will be our player very shortly just the type of player we missed last year

Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:28 pm

if thats true, then thats f*cking brilliant news :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Craig Bellamy has told Brendan Rogers that he wants to play for Cardiff next season, also family reasons are also a big part of it as well, his wife refuses to leave the Vale(dont blame her) and wants Bells to be down here more with her and the children and he wants the same, this is more than money to Bellamy. Rem u need a happy player to get the best out of him.

As u know City have not made an official approach with Liverpool yet, but Malky wants him, so over to our board now as a deal can be sorted and it wont cost City as much as first thought. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Would be great if we could get him, but I still wonder why he joined Liverpool in the first place if this is how he really feels about wanting to be with his family more? Also, how much will Bellamy's wages restrict our chances of getting other targets? We fell short last season because we didn't have the depth, Bellamy won't be able to play every game this season so unless we can get him on reasonable wages, I'm not sure it will be worth it. Saying that, with everything we have sacrificed with the rebranding, the Malaysian's must deliver someone like Bellamy to keep the majority of fans against the change sweet.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:29 pm

Hope a deal can be sorted out would love Bellamy back is drive and passion coupled with Malkys management could be a dream ticket :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Craig Bellamy has told Brendan Rogers that he wants to play for Cardiff next season, also family reasons are also a big part of it as well, his wife refuses to leave the Vale(dont blame her) and wants Bells to be down here more with her and the children and he wants the same, this is more than money to Bellamy. Rem u need a happy player to get the best out of him.

Why bother to go to Liverpool in the first place if it family means more to him than money..? With him in the team we would have had the extra playmaker the team needed for a large part of last season.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:30 pm

We was here this time last season though
bellamy wants to come home,be near his family ,home town club etc
hes a great character,fantastic player but has still one year left as a premiership level bench player for the club he always idolised,i cant see him coming to us to be honest

Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:31 pm

Angry Man wrote:

Why bother to go to Liverpool in the first place if it family means more to him than money..? With him in the team we would have had the extra playmaker the team needed for a large part of last season.

exactly

Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:33 pm

craig bellamy is magic, he wears the magic hat! :ayatollah: hope this happens now, much needed quality and he will also help attract other players to the club! :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:34 pm

Angry Man wrote:

Adam,

VT & TG promised Bells they would keep him last season and for some reason they never contacted him until after he had waited and waited and then Liverpool had done a deal with him, I dont Blame Bells at all and said that then. QUALITY PLAYER AND WILL GIVE EVERYTHING FOR US. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:54 pm

I think this one will drag on way into pre season until Brendan Rogers signs a few players i.e. replacements.

Until he signs a few players I don't understand them letting CB leave. He was one of their better players last season in my opinion.

If the money's there... Malky, sign him up :old:

Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:01 pm

Thanks for the updates Annis, people like me who aren't in the know appreciate them :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:02 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -31257837/

Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:07 pm

CraigMc wrote:Thanks for the updates Annis, people like me who aren't in the know appreciate them :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Your welcome Craig. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:07 pm

am sick of hearing of bellamy this bellamy that ie he will play 20 games wages to high bad karma in dressing room etc .FACT we were 90 minutes of playing swansea at wembly ppl forget we were 0-0 with reading then 30 mins b4 the game the game craig was out injured the rest is history in my heart and my head we would have beaten reading with craig in the team and who knows what would have happened with swansea remember bellamys goal 86 min against the jacks so no fear factor there .would welcome him back with open arms

Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:19 pm

bellamy was definetly one of liverpools best players last season,so i really cant see why theyd let him leave out of the goodness of their hearts when he is still under contract

Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:29 pm

englishbluebird wrote:bellamy was definetly one of liverpools best players last season,so i really cant see why theyd let him leave out of the goodness of their hearts when he is still under contract

It won't be out of the goodness of their hearts. There will be a fee and they get rid of wages to bring someone else in who will be happier at Liverpool.

I understood he went to Liverpool to meet another of his goals in life and play for Kenny.

What would his price be? I'm assuming a million at most at his age and in the last year of his contract but wouldn't be surprised if he went for free.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:37 pm

Come on Craig, make us happy, it's the perfect time! :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:40 pm

bellamy would be an amazing signing , better this time round than last...

last season he was clearly liverpools best signing and single handedly played a part in getting them to wembley twice... liverpool fans will agree.

if we could get him here with a good pre season rather than last time which took him up to xmas before being fully match fit...

Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:56 pm

Plus

no contact from cardiff :lol: malky ,craig and brendon rodgers are friends ,he go s down the vale all the time, its nearly a done deal :ayatollah: some posative news annis :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:09 pm

wez 1927 wrote:

Plus

no contact from cardiff :lol: malky ,craig and brendon rodgers are friends ,he go s down the vale all the time, its nearly a done deal :ayatollah: some posative news annis :ayatollah:

Wez :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:19 pm

It would be a good signing if it happens but i think i read somewhere that he wants to play in the olympics so therefore would not have pre season with us if selected and probably miss the start of the season, how would people feel if he did sign and got selected for team GB? The olympics is probably a better pre season because they are tournament matches rather than slow tempo friendlies but there is also risk of injury which could mean we are paying top wages to a top player who couldnt play for a couple of months

Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:31 pm

Would love to see Craig back. I was a little sceptical initially (not over the player, but the deal itself), but it's looking more and more realistic by the day now.

Sign him up, Malky.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:44 pm

Can't be arsed talking about this if its not going to happen til August 31st...Impatience will kick in!

All Liverpool have are Maxi,Downing and Bellamy as wingers! Maxi is expected to leave so i doubt they'd let Bellamy leave knowing they'll only have Downing?

Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:58 pm

Great time to join. With MM in charge there are no individuals.. Even if Bellamy comes we will still be the team with talent and no fear.
Hope he stays after he retires. Take up coaching or something. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:06 pm

He only wants to come back cos we're playing in Red next season...... and it goes with his boots!! :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:23 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Great time to join. With MM in charge there are no individuals.. Even if Bellamy comes we will still be the team with talent and no fear.

If Carlsberg did posts aye ^^^^^^^^^^^^ :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:35 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:Great time to join. With MM in charge there are no individuals.. Even if Bellamy comes we will still be the team with talent and no fear.

If Carlsberg did posts aye ^^^^^^^^^^^^ :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thanks, I just hope we have a team of talent from the back to attack. We have a great back 4 at this time. We are slowly filling every position we need with the right names. When we needed a winger in 2010/2011? We brought JET on loan? We already got Conway, Harris, just hope we bring Bellamy in now, if we got him and Burke we will be a force. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:37 pm

nickyj wrote:am sick of hearing of bellamy this bellamy that ie he will play 20 games wages to high bad karma in dressing room etc .FACT we were 90 minutes of playing swansea at wembly ppl forget we were 0-0 with reading then 30 mins b4 the game the game craig was out injured the rest is history in my heart and my head we would have beaten reading with craig in the team and who knows what would have happened with swansea remember bellamys goal 86 min against the jacks so no fear factor there .would welcome him back with open arms

Agree

For some reason there's something about Bellamy I personally don't like, I do think he would do a better job with this side, but I also don't want to waste all our money on getting him back