Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Was the MARCH a success......

Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:33 am

The very first point I would like to make is to congratulate Annis and Gwyn for their handling and organising of the march and the respect you showed the excellent cross section of fans we had. I am sorry if there are other organisers on here whom I do not know but thank you also. The behaviour was exemplary in what could easily of got out of had due to the depth of feeling residing in the underbelly of the participants.

Whilst I had my doubts as to whether any amount of marching would have any effect on the thick skinned ridsdale and the board who protect him. The one thing that cannot go un-noticed is the growing feeling. Whilst the board may have giggled at 300 impromptu protesters a few weeks back. 2000 people mobilised, organised and focused will not go unnoticed. The very obvious factor that cannot be ignored, the dissent, the dissatisfaction the clamour for change is growing. I fear we (I say we as a very late, but definitely paid up member of the ridsdale out brigade) are growing too slowly, it will probably take a passage to administration to grow the number to 5000 to 10,000 to everyone.

Another court case Tuesday, more lies about tax bills not paid, more creditors organising appointments with solicitors everyday looking to get what's owed. More dissenters, more dissatisfaction, more desire for ending the regime. More growth of this group.

I would like to see the supporters Trust to have joined, I would like the Supporters Club to have joined. Why have they not, is it because democratically they feel happy with the regime or are they scared that any perks the club befits them would be withdrawn if they were seen to speak out against the dictatorship. I formally requested the Trust to support the march, I was told it would be discussed and put to a vote. I don't know if this happened, I was not asked to vote, I was not informed the outcome of my request, I have lost my faith in the trust.

Back to the original point, was the March a success ? ......... if success is measured by ridsdale leaving this week, then probably not, if success is measured by discussions at board level and concern over a growing tumultuous group of dissenters, then yes. Unless we see some dramatic change, ie new owners and ridsdale gone, I think we should keep this momentum going. I am not sure how we get clear dialogue with the club as a non recognised group, but I feel we need to ask some specific questions which require answering with honesty in a given timeframe. Unless this happens we should think of another protest, not sure of the format, but I do know the time and day. Saturday April 3rd 3:00pm. For those who haven't noticed, we play the Jacks at 5:20.

I believe one of the bi-products of the march was the atmosphere in the ground. As we settled outside the ground to a line of police and the feet started to shuffle forward as they normally do in this situation. I was watching Gwyn pick up his megaphone, he took a deep breath, my expectation was he's preparing for making one of those statements which will be discussed for years, there will be newspaper cuttings with this quote, there will be books written with this quote, there will be films made with this quote.I could feel the hairs on the back of my neck raise, my mouth was dry. Gwyn called for calm. The quote I was expecting "On my signal unleash hell !!!"....... please forgive my teasing, I could not resist....... Gwyn gave the correct instruction and take our passion into the game and support the team. For whatever reason the team showed an incredible amount of passion, verve and drive....... if it was a mirror of the march, lets start marching to ipswich now.....

Thanks to everyone and yes the march was a success, lets keep the pressure on.

Haydn

Re: Was the MARCH a success......

Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:42 am

Here here good post. Can't see the major shareholders not noticing that yesterday. A well behaved well organised march. I agree with you regarding the trust, their endorsement of yesterdays march would have given it added clout but I had to get home late last night to see any sight of real clout ;) :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:43 am

Excellent post as always Haydn. Hard to add much else, other than to re-emphasise what you say; this should be the beginning of an orchestrated campaign to keep letting Ridsdale and this board what we think of their regime. I would suggest every game there should be protests, though if there are practical issues that make that difficult, as you rightly point out, the Swansea game would be an excellent choce!

Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:51 am

First class post.

3rd April is firmly fixed in my diary.

If there is no change by then we will be 5,000 strong

Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:02 am

mp4-12c wrote:The very first point I would like to make is to congratulate Annis and Gwyn for their handling and organising of the march and the respect you showed the excellent cross section of fans we had. I am sorry if there are other organisers on here whom I do not know but thank you also. The behaviour was exemplary in what could easily of got out of had due to the depth of feeling residing in the underbelly of the participants.

Whilst I had my doubts as to whether any amount of marching would have any effect on the thick skinned ridsdale and the board who protect him. The one thing that cannot go un-noticed is the growing feeling. Whilst the board may have giggled at 300 impromptu protesters a few weeks back. 2000 people mobilised, organised and focused will not go unnoticed. The very obvious factor that cannot be ignored, the dissent, the dissatisfaction the clamour for change is growing. I fear we (I say we as a very late, but definitely paid up member of the ridsdale out brigade) are growing too slowly, it will probably take a passage to administration to grow the number to 5000 to 10,000 to everyone.

Another court case Tuesday, more lies about tax bills not paid, more creditors organising appointments with solicitors everyday looking to get what's owed. More dissenters, more dissatisfaction, more desire for ending the regime. More growth of this group.

I would like to see the supporters Trust to have joined, I would like the Supporters Club to have joined. Why have they not, is it because democratically they feel happy with the regime or are they scared that any perks the club befits them would be withdrawn if they were seen to speak out against the dictatorship. I formally requested the Trust to support the march, I was told it would be discussed and put to a vote. I don't know if this happened, I was not asked to vote, I was not informed the outcome of my request, I have lost my faith in the trust.

Back to the original point, was the March a success ? ......... if success is measured by ridsdale leaving this week, then probably not, if success is measured by discussions at board level and concern over a growing tumultuous group of dissenters, then yes. Unless we see some dramatic change, ie new owners and ridsdale gone, I think we should keep this momentum going. I am not sure how we get clear dialogue with the club as a non recognised group, but I feel we need to ask some specific questions which require answering with honesty in a given timeframe. Unless this happens we should think of another protest, not sure of the format, but I do know the time and day. Saturday April 3rd 3:00pm. For those who haven't noticed, we play the Jacks at 5:20.

I believe one of the bi-products of the march was the atmosphere in the ground. As we settled outside the ground to a line of police and the feet started to shuffle forward as they normally do in this situation. I was watching Gwyn pick up his megaphone, he took a deep breath, my expectation was he's preparing for making one of those statements which will be discussed for years, there will be newspaper cuttings with this quote, there will be books written with this quote, there will be films made with this quote.I could feel the hairs on the back of my neck raise, my mouth was dry. Gwyn called for calm. The quote I was expecting "On my signal unleash hell !!!"....... please forgive my teasing, I could not resist....... Gwyn gave the correct instruction and take our passion into the game and support the team. For whatever reason the team showed an incredible amount of passion, verve and drive....... if it was a mirror of the march, lets start marching to ipswich now.....

Thanks to everyone and yes the march was a success, lets keep the pressure on.

Haydn

Amazing post :clap:

Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:03 am

Excellent post :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:09 am

Excellent post and Gwyn and all of you should feel so proud that you stood up to the Regime of Our club, with Dignity and Pride.
I had a text of Borley on Congratulating us on our Behaviour.
I promise you they took notice.
Gwyn you certainly know how to keep the Crowds Calm, 5 years with The Valley Rams prob helped :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:11 am

Yes I think April the 3rd would be an ideal date for the next protest.

IMO the protest has to be viewed as a success. 2,500 marched yesterday and in view of the fact the board are desperate to sell 6,000 season tickets the message is loud and clear.

There will be no more raping and pilliaging of the supporters without drastic change at board level. The supporters must have direct imput to the running of the club from now on.

Of course as Hadyn pointed out in his brilliant post we have our own problems because of the gutless failure of the Trust/Supporters Club to officially back the march.

May be a third organisation can now rise up from the seeds sown from this fans rebellion, but for sure we need a strong leader.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:01 am

croesybluebird wrote:First class post.

Hopefully 5000, think the police would shit themselves if we protested about 5pm especially after so many people would have consumed some alcohol and feelings would be running high especially as we play the Jacks the same day. :ayatollah: :D

Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:46 am

I know it's an age old concept but what about a petition which could be signed and also have your fan number for proof,and it would prove once and for all how deep the feeling is.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:00 pm

since 64 wrote:I know it's an age old concept but what about a petition which could be signed and also have your fan number for proof,and it would prove once and for all how deep the feeling is.

Yes Great idea, I think WE WILL START ONE :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:08 pm

MalagaCF wrote:

Hopefully 5000, think the police would shit themselves if we protested about 5pm especially after so many people would have consumed some alcohol and feelings would be running high especially as we play the Jacks the same day. :ayatollah: :D

i think that is the last thing we need at the moment we have got the support of the media and saturday protest was
a success bcus of it being calm and collective if we start getting drunk and abusive we lose the support that we got
it was great that so many kids were at the march and proves that the younger fans are there for the future
i do not think we will get permission from the police for a demo at the jacks match for obvioous reasons
10 years ago we would have stormed the board room and that is what ridsdale and certain people on message boards were hoping wuold happen so they could say we are cavemen so lets not play into there hands keep it calm and collective then we get more familys and more support

Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:40 pm

Thank you all for your kind words, we really must digest carefully what comes out of the club over the next couple of weeks and build on this success. I still feel the press are missing the real stories in the club, however at least they have nothing negative to write about us no matter how much ridsdale tries to spin it. Let's galvanise, prepare, grow and get recognised.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:53 pm

mp4-12c wrote:Thank you all for your kind words, we really must digest carefully what comes out of the club over the next couple of weeks and build on this success. I still feel the press are missing the real stories in the club, however at least they have nothing negative to write about us no matter how much ridsdale tries to spin it. Let's galvanise, prepare, grow and get recognised.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:42 pm

sleepers wrote:
MalagaCF wrote:

i think that is the last thing we need at the moment we have got the support of the media and saturday protest was
a success bcus of it being calm and collective if we start getting drunk and abusive we lose the support that we got
it was great that so many kids were at the march and proves that the younger fans are there for the future
i do not think we will get permission from the police for a demo at the jacks match for obvioous reasons
10 years ago we would have stormed the board room and that is what ridsdale and certain people on message boards were hoping wuold happen so they could say we are cavemen so lets not play into there hands keep it calm and collective then we get more familys and more support

Yes agree we need to keep it family orientated. Dont think we could demonstrate on a Jacks game either.
I do however look forward to the next demonstration, whenever that will be and how it will be conducted!!! :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:52 pm

since 64 wrote:I know it's an age old concept but what about a petition which could be signed and also have your fan number for proof,and it would prove once and for all how deep the feeling is.

Excellent idea.

BTW a march on the day of the jacks game is too risky.

5000 City fans, porbably a fair bit of alcohol and 38 coachloads of jacks arriving is too much.

I dont think the police would give us the support we had off them yesterday.

The LAST thing we need as any HINT of trouble, because from then on we are on the defensive.

What about the WATFORD game AND the Sheffield Utd game first ?

Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:13 pm

NO NOT FOR THE GOOD OF THE CLUB,

Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:19 pm

I would not march on a Jack day for definate .....especially being such a late KO - means they will be in and around cardiff.

People would not feel safe to bring their children or the elderly to support either and the numbers would dwindle down. :(