Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

He has to be joking!

Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:14 am

Dave Jones looks to permanent transfers:

Wednesday boss Dave Jones says he'll look to limit the amount of loan players in his squad next season.

Jones has already started building for next season with five new signings, all on permanent deals, the latest being striker Chris Maguire from Derby County.

Wednesday utilised the loan market a number of occasions last season, most notably bringing in Danny Batth, Michail Antonio, Ben Marshall and Nile Ranger.

But Jones isn't keen on having too many loan players in his squad, as he revealed to the official SWFC website following the signing of Maguire.

He said: 'There may be one or two loans but I do prefer to bring in players who we can call our own so that way we are not reliant on loans.

'That's not to say I won't use the option of loan players but I do prefer permanent deals.'

Read more: http://www.sheffwed.vitalfootball.co.uk ... z1ynKmvsDi

Re: He has to be joking!

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:10 am

Roy wrote:Dave Jones looks to permanent transfers:

Wednesday boss Dave Jones says he'll look to limit the amount of loan players in his squad next season.

Jones has already started building for next season with five new signings, all on permanent deals, the latest being striker Chris Maguire from Derby County.

Wednesday utilised the loan market a number of occasions last season, most notably bringing in Danny Batth, Michail Antonio, Ben Marshall and Nile Ranger.

But Jones isn't keen on having too many loan players in his squad, as he revealed to the official SWFC website following the signing of Maguire.

He said: 'There may be one or two loans but I do prefer to bring in players who we can call our own so that way we are not reliant on loans.

'That's not to say I won't use the option of loan players but I do prefer permanent deals.'

Roy i never liked jones but he did atleast play attacking football on another note we tryed to get ranger from newcastle onloan but are club wouldnt pay the wages and it become a fight of who was paying what :lol: so that says it all if sheff wed can afford him yet he couldnt bring him here :ayatollah:

Re: He has to be joking!

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:27 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
Roy wrote:Dave Jones looks to permanent transfers:

Roy i never liked jones but he did atleast play attacking football on another note we tryed to get ranger from newcastle onloan but are club wouldnt pay the wages and it become a fight of who was paying what :lol: so that says it all if sheff wed can afford him yet he couldnt bring him here :ayatollah:

I dont rate him so Im glad we wouldnt pay a large amount of the wages