Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Peaceful Protest well done to everyone

Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:19 am

It was very important that the march went off peacefully today or Ridsdale would have painted all the marchers as rabble rousers and hooligans.

However there was a good cross section of our support on the match today from the very young to the elderly and it was well organised and everone was very well behaved.

Personally i decided to join the march along with my Daughter and the reason i was there was to show my disatisfaction with the way our Club is being run by the current Chairman and Board.

Did it achieve anything well if you read the very badly worded statement published on the official site yesterday then yes. Ridsdale is starting to realise that many fans have now had enough of his lies and the money being siphoned out of the Club to him and his cronies.

With regards numbers very difficult to estimate but certainly more than 500 - 700 estimated by some, all i know is that when the protest was half way round the stadium there was stii hundreds of protestors out on Sloper Road and personally i would put the numbers at around 1500 - 2000.

The one thing to remember is that wether you marched or not we are all Cardif City fans and i suspect the majority are far from happy with the way the Club is being run?

The one thing we must not do is split into factions and start turning on one another we need to show a united front because there are very tough times ahead!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Peaceful Protest well done to everyone

Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:23 pm

blueheaven wrote:It was very important that the march went off peacefully today or Ridsdale would have painted all the marchers as rabble rousers and hooligans.

However there was a good cross section of our support on the match today from the very young to the elderly and it was well organised and everone was very well behaved.

Personally i decided to join the march along with my Daughter and the reason i was there was to show my disatisfaction with the way our Club is being run by the current Chairman and Board.

Did it achieve anything well if you read the very badly worded statement published on the official site yesterday then yes. Ridsdale is starting to realise that many fans have now had enough of his lies and the money being siphoned out of the Club to him and his cronies.

With regards numbers very difficult to estimate but certainly more than 500 - 700 estimated by some, all i know is that when the protest was half way round the stadium there was stii hundreds of protestors out on Sloper Road and personally i would put the numbers at around 1500 - 2000.

The one thing to remember is that wether you marched or not we are all Cardif City fans and i suspect the majority are far from happy with the way the Club is being run?

The one thing we must not do is split into factions and start turning on one another we need to show a united front because there are very tough times ahead!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well Said :ayatollah: :ayatollah: