Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

celtic v rangers rivalry

Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:05 pm

Now this is what you call rivalry. Just watched a documentry on youtube about it and it is proper hatred, fans don't make friends with each other and basically just detest each other. Proper rivalry, anyone who thinks cardiff-swansea is a big rivalry since 2000 is deluded. It is now pathetic with jacks being welcome into the ninian on matchday.

Re: celtic v rangers rivalry

Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:06 pm

murphy wrote:Now this is what you call rivalry. Just watched a documentry on youtube about it and it is proper hatred, fans don't make friends with each other and basically just detest each other. Proper rivalry, anyone who thinks cardiff-swansea is a big rivalry since 2000 is deluded. It is now pathetic with jacks being welcome into the ninian on matchday.

I got shot down for saying that

Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:07 pm

murphy wrote:Now this is what you call rivalry. Just watched a documentry on youtube about it and it is proper hatred, fans don't make friends with each other and basically just detest each other. Proper rivalry, anyone who thinks cardiff-swansea is a big rivalry since 2000 is deluded. It is now pathetic with jacks being welcome into the ninian on matchday.

I agree about the jack/jacks coming to the ninian on match day what a load of shit..
Fair enough regarding the charity lads from swansea coming though..

Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:07 pm

As long as the Violence is kicked out of it then I can see it would be good.
It is proper banter from both sets of fans to be honest.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:16 pm

The cardiff swansea rivalry has been sanitised and somewhat destroyed by over policing and some of the toughest restrictions in european football. Take away the restrictions and it would soon come back with vengeance I reckon.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:25 pm

Absolute nonsense.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:29 pm

murphy, you wasnt around in the 80s was you, :roll:

Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:30 pm

Are you real?

Honestly go and do some research and come back and say its proper rivalry. There are far bigger issues than football in the rangers / celtic debate and not something to be made light of.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:40 pm

ninianblue wrote:murphy, you wasnt around in the 80s was you, :roll:

yeah i was born in 1981 but football wise i started following football in 1990. I know cardiff-swansea was big then, but now its mickey mouse.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:43 pm

PtB wrote:

Absolute nonsense.

you live in scotland and don't know any jacks. i live in the heart of south wales and know a few jacks. they are happy to have banter with cardiff fans, so that means they don't hate us.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:47 pm

djwayne wrote:

Are you real?

Honestly go and do some research and come back and say its proper rivalry. There are far bigger issues than football in the rangers / celtic debate and not something to be made light of.

Cardiff-swansea was brutal in the day. Jacks in ninian now FFS. Do you think us bluebirds would allow us into their pubs. I think not.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:58 pm

The South Wales derby is still very big, it's considered one of the biggest derbies in the UK.

No where near as big as the Old Firm though.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:07 pm

murphy wrote:
PtB wrote:

Absolute nonsense.

you live in scotland and don't know any jacks. i live in the heart of south wales and know a few jacks. they are happy to have banter with cardiff fans, so that means they don't hate us.

I know a few Jacks and even work with one.
I also stayed within 12 miles of Celtic Park & Ibrox for 28 years and had this rivalry in my face and family all my life. They travel together, drink together and do almost everything else together. The majority are rivals for about ten hours a season. There are some problems attached to it by halfwits, mostly those who have never been to see "their" team play. People who attach themselves to a religous rivalry that has nothing to do with football.I have season ticket holders from both sides in my family. I've worked in pubs ten mins from both grounds and spent years driving taxis in the vicinity. I have a fair idea what it's like up here. I've taken people from here down to the recent Jack games at CCS & NP and while the recent game was very tame, it was on a par with old firm games - from someone who has been to many Old Firm games in the last 15 years.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:09 pm

Yes the rivalry is heavy but only between a selected few,I lived among em for 6 years and we all had good banter as well as with English teams.You been watching too many docs which will always sensationalize things for impact,that is fact.I do agree with you on Jacks coming in the Ninian. :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:27 pm

Im all for an intense rivalry, but Celtic/Rangers is OTT when players, managers and fans get letter bombs and death threats...
love banter and a bit hatred with agg at a game tho

Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:42 pm

Hofmeister wrote:Im all for an intense rivalry, but Celtic/Rangers is OTT when players, managers and fans get letter bombs and death threats...

:ayatollah: great avatar mate

Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:51 am

dazzyt wrote:
Hofmeister wrote:Im all for an intense rivalry, but Celtic/Rangers is OTT when players, managers and fans get letter bombs and death threats...

:ayatollah: great avatar mate

diolch yn fawr :ayatollah:
its easy in adobe image ready

Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:01 am

murphy wrote: It is now pathetic with jacks being welcome into the ninian on matchday.

Show's how much you know about the past, prior to the 70's when the 'skinhead' and footy violence took off, a lot of fans would have a preference between the clubs but would go to see both.

Very good for viewing figures and cashflow for both teams.

It's a great pity the 70's happened really, isn't it.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:05 pm

Mate I live in Scotland and I know tons of Celtic and Gers fans who are mates!!!!

Every derby is different and massive in its own way,with the exception of Dundee derby.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:37 pm

Sectarianism belongs in the Middle Ages. Was it last season, or the one before, when there were 7 (Seven!! :shock: ) Old Firm games. Farcical. Both are as bad as each other. In fact, they deserve each other.