Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Germany to beat Spain in the final???

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:47 pm

I think so, should be a good final, Portugal should give Spain aswell.

what do you think?

Re: Germany to beat Spain in the final???

Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:00 pm

Italy is our bogey opponent, we havent beaten em in a WC or Euro Tournament before... :geek:

Also Portugal became stronger and stronger... everything's possible imo

Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:21 pm

Hope so, i'm off to Germany because my dad's doing an Ironman. I would like a cheery atmosphere rather than a depressed one

Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:03 pm

Being quarter German would love it. My Nans face if they did she'd be over the moon :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:08 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Being quarter German would love it. My Nans face if they did she'd be over the moon :ayatollah:

where from, Dando?

Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:10 pm

Hofmeister wrote:Italy is our bogey opponent, we havent beaten em in a WC or Euro Tournament before... :geek:

Also Portugal became stronger and stronger... everything's possible imo

Yes, I agree with this - all 4 teams are quality teams and the best 4 teams in the entire tournament are through.

I really thought in the semi-final in 2006 that the history against Italy would change, and then they come up and score 2 goals in the last 2 minutes of the game.

At least, 2 extra days off this time and no suspensions (as if I remember rightly, Frings missed that semi-final because of the stuff that went on with Argentina at the end of the penalty shoot-out in the quarter-final).

Still too close to call to be certain though against Italy - Germany would have absolutely trounced England if they'd won tonight.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:12 pm

Hofmeister wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:Being quarter German would love it. My Nans face if they did she'd be over the moon :ayatollah:

where from, Dando?

Ill have to ask. Im not sure its a small village/town near Hamburg. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:49 am

ah tidy. great area Hamburg. Used to live there as a kid, wouldnt mind going back...

Walküre, ur right. Frings got suspended because of his involvement in the brawl after the game and it was italian journalists who leaked it to the italian team and they got Frings suspended.
We'll see, tough one for us, theres always a first time so they say... :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:35 am

Hofmeister wrote:ah tidy. great area Hamburg. Used to live there as a kid, wouldnt mind going back...

Walküre, ur right. Frings got suspended because of his involvement in the brawl after the game and it was italian journalists who leaked it to the italian team and they got Frings suspended.
We'll see, tough one for us, theres always a first time so they say... :ayatollah:

Italy looked very good, but have just played a long game with extra time and penalties, and will have 2 days less rest than Germany. Germany would have probably one anyway, but now I am sure they will as that will make a big difference.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:35 am

Hofmeister wrote:ah tidy. great area Hamburg. Used to live there as a kid, wouldnt mind going back...

Italy looked very good, but have just played a long game with extra time and penalties, and will have 2 days less rest than Germany. Germany would have probably won anyway, but now I am sure they will as that will make a big difference.