Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BIG BIG THANKS

Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:55 pm

BECKY 1.jpg
I want to thank everyone for their, messages and for all the respect shown across all the boards.
My daughter as they all are, was a very special girl, she was first diagnosed with bone cancer when she was 16 and her promising career in athletics was brought to an abrupt end when she had her right hip joint and ten inches of her femur removed. She fought back and a few years later she was given the all clear.
Sadly a few years later it reappeared on her lung, so more chemo and upsetting treatment and battles, and it looked as if she had beaten it again, but it came back with a vengeance and the last year has been horrific, but she’s been so brave and never complained, she has raised thousands for cancer charities right up to the end. Always doing what she could to help others.
Her passing came suddenly in the end and she was taken in to hospital complaining of stomach pains, a scan showed a twisted colon which needed urgent surgery before it burst, the surgery was successful, but during recovery things took a turn for the worse and we lost her at five past twelve this morning, most of the family were with her including her long time boyfriend Gary who is like a son to us.

We are all hurting and it really is like looking in at something from outside and if my past is anything to go by, I will get through this now, but come down with a bump a bit later, but only to be expected.
I apologise to anyone who I have argued with or offended over recent weeks, I have lost my mum this year and was losing my daughter, but also felt like I was losing my football club, my views are still the same and I respect others views as well.
Feel free to debate or argue with me, I am still the gobby opinionated bloke I always have been, and no one needs to tip toe around me, I give as good as i get, but thanks for the respect today, it really has meant the world to me and those close to me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: BIG BIG THANKS

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:00 pm

Everyone is with you just now mate. Debates, arguments whatever, they can wait. This only goes to show how insignificant they really are. Look after yourself and your family mate. :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:01 pm

Take care Gwyn....we're all thinking of you.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:03 pm

Sorry for your loss :( ...Sounds like she made you proud cant ask for more :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Respect and best wishes to you and your family
Tim

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:06 pm

God bless you Gwyn.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:09 pm

We are all thinking of you and your family. Stay strong.

Aled.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:11 pm

As I said earlier I do not know personally Gwyn, but your daughter sounded like a real amazing person. My thoughts are with you and your family

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:16 pm

All thinking of you Gwyn, so sorry for your loss.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:17 pm

Gwyn, Your a braver man than I ever could be, u dont have to thank us,losing Becky your Angel is to me the saddest thing that could ever happen to a Father. GOD BLESS U GWYN, BECKY IS SMILING AT U FROM ABOVE AND SAYING HER USUAL JOKES TO U.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:18 pm

So sorry for your loss Gwyn, Becky was a very special girl and our thoughts and prayers are with you and your Family.

Jeff & Family

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:29 pm

Really sorry about your loss. Thoughts are with you and yours Gwyn.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:30 pm

My condolences at this difficult time. My heart goes out to you and your family, recently became a dad for the first time, I cannot imagine what it must be like to lose a child. Devastated for you.

I salute you Gwyn! You take care mate, your daughter becky was obviously a very special inspirational courageous young lady who will live on in the hearts and minds of her family, friends and everyone else who new her. My thoughts are with you and your family

gwyn,i asked if it was ok to introduce myself to you at the next game....you welcomed me(thou i think you did mention a gun :D )gwyn i will introduce myself as you are a brave man,and whatever differences we have.....they mean nothing....abbsolutely nothing when tradgedy like this happens......thinking of you and your family.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:33 pm

Sat here lost at what to write, so will just say thoughts are with you......

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:33 pm

Hello Gwyn,

I dont always agree with you and what you write or your opInions, But I would like to offer you my heartfelt condolensces on the passing of your daughter.
I too have lost very close family members to this awful disease and understand the pain, hurt and loss that you and your family are and will go through.

We dont know each other , but if there is anything I can do to help , please do not hesitate to contact me.

God Bless and RIP Becky..

Deepest Sympathy ,

Steve and Family,

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:35 pm

I dont know what to say.... I'm so sorry for your loss, R.I.P Becky Davies

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:39 pm

RIP to your daughter, Gwyn.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:41 pm

So sorry for your loss Gwyn. The rebrand pales into insignificance.

Be strong

Chris (Polo)

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:47 pm

your an amazing bloke gwyn, dont need to thank us, that is what makes us a great bunch of supporters and one thing I learned working underground on the coal "an injury to one is an injury to all" thats us at this difficult time.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:50 pm

RIP! :(

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:52 pm

thoughts are with you and your family m8. R.I.P.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:55 pm

Thoughts are with you and your family Gwyn

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:56 pm

Be strong Big Fella. Don't know wat else to say.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:56 pm

Its hard to put into words how people feel gwyn, thoughts are with u and the whole family. Such a hard time and shows a lot on here that there's a lot more important things in life than football. Prayers are with u xx

Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:01 pm

My thoughts are with you and your family Gwyn....life can be so terribly cruel and unfair and none of us will ever make any sense of it, because it just doesn't make any sense.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:05 pm

Am terribly sorry to hear of your loss Gwyn

RIP Becky

Matt

Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:07 pm

Gwyn When you have children all you want is for them to make you proud. You can stick that big chest out more than usual because Becky made you extremely proud in the way she handled everything and in the way that everybody who met her felt so highly about her. You will always have memories of a beautiful smiling girl. God bless her and yours mate. Anything you need....just ask.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:08 pm

Gwyn I am so sorry to hear of your tragic loss, I am a father myself and can't imagine what you and your family are going through,stay strong, and cherish your memories.
Steve

Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:20 pm

Thinking of you and your family Gwyn.