Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City consider Craig Bellamy bid to Liverpool

Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:18 pm

Will be a Bluebird once again soon enough, BBC Radio Wales have even said were considering a bid. :ayatollah:

:ayatollah:

24 June 2012

Cardiff City consider Craig Bellamy bid to Liverpool

Craig Bellamy could be set for a return to home-town club Cardiff City as the Bluebirds consider a bid for the Liverpool and Wales striker.
The Championship club are understood to be working out the finances to re-sign the 32-year-old who captained Cardiff during a season long loan spell .
Bellamy signed for Liverpool on a two-year deal from Manchester City in 2011.
Cardiff hope to discuss a proposed deal with Liverpool before any talks take place with Bellamy.
The Welsh club's Malaysian owners recently announced a £100m investment plan as Cardiff, who have suffered three successive play-off disappointments, bid for Premier League promotion.
A condition of the financial injection from owner Tan Sri Vincent Tan and chairman Dato Chan Tien Ghee, which includes funds for player recruitment, is the controversial move of changing Cardiff's shirt colour from blue to red in the hope it could expand the club's appeal in "international markets."
Sections of the Cardiff support are upset at the shirt colour change but a signing of Bellamy's profile and stature would help quell any fan discontent.
Bellamy, whose family home is on the outskirts of Cardiff, scored 11 goals in 35 games for Cardiff during his loan spell at the Cardiff City Stadium in the 2010/2011 season.
The Cardiff-born forward, who has scored 19 goals in 69 Welsh internationals is a former Norwich City team-mate of Cardiff boss Malky Mackay.
In fact, Mackay made a last-ditch bid to sign Bellamy permanently for Cardiff in August 2011 before the player joined Liverpool.
Mackay is also is close friends with new Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers and Bellamy is a fan of Rodgers' style of football - but has often spoken of his desire to inspire boyhood club Cardiff into the Premier League.
The Bluebirds have already signed England under-21 international midfielder Jordon Mutch and former England under-21 goalkeeper Joe Lewis this summer.

Re: CRAIG BELLAMY

Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:28 pm

I suppose the big question is, does he want to leave the club he supported as a boy and drop down a league, to play for us again? :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:29 pm

Yes to finish his career with us

Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:30 pm

Overthemoon wrote:I suppose the big question is, does he want to leave the club he supported as a boy and drop down a league, to play for us again? :ayatollah:

Ive been told he only joined Liverpool because of Dalglish, now he has gone then things could well and truly change. :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:33 pm

nobby wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:I suppose the big question is, does he want to leave the club he supported as a boy and drop down a league, to play for us again? :ayatollah:

Ive been told he only joined Liverpool because of Dalglish, now he has gone then things could well and truly change. :ayatollah:

Hope you're right,as I've got £100 riding on us at 16/1 to get promoted, although I had £50 on us at 20/1 when he was with us last time! :D :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:50 pm

:D :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah: :D

Please, let it be.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:50 pm

I would love Bellamy to come back. :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:53 pm

'I'd love to be back at Cardiff so I can wear the red shirt and pretend I'm still at Liverpool' that's wot he said to me when he was playing on the 2p machines down Barry island

Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:54 pm

Pontypool_Bluebird wrote:'I'd love to be back at Cardiff so I can wear the red shirt and pretend I'm still at Liverpool' that's wot he said to me when he was playing on the 2p machines down Barry island

Do you think he was joking? :idea: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:56 pm

I would love bellamy back :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:59 pm

Nice how the Beeb continue to refer to us as the Bluebirds - something we shall remain forever.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:59 pm

nobby wrote:

That is spot on nobby :ayatollah: and Liverpool gave him a extra year to the one he had left at Man City.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:00 pm

Jollffe wrote:Nice how the Beeb continue to refer to us as the Bluebirds - something we shall remain forever.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Good spot.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:01 pm

2/3 year contract with the option to add-on an extra year / coaching role. they signed him on a free anyway so any money they get for him is a profit. i think he's coming boys!

Re: Cardiff City consider Craig Bellamy bid to Liverpool

Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:13 pm

Truly hope he comes as it would be a real statement of intent and his influence on our younger players such as mason would be fantastic

Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:16 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
nobby wrote:

That is spot on nobby :ayatollah: and Liverpool gave him a extra year to the one he had left at Man City.

I have beeb posting since midd May that Cardiff will try and sign Bells and laughed at.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:16 pm

Bellamy returning would be massive for us and especially for the upcoming season which is going to be one of the most interesting in our history. I can really see this happening. He is a Bluebird through and through. I've always said that Bellamy's involvement in the club as a player and future coach would/could be key in our medium to long term future. He wants to play for us, loves the club and sees his football future with Cardiff and living in the Vale. His involvement makes everyone up their game - he is a City talisman. TG/VT - this is a real business investment that doesn't need to play in red to make considerable returns! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:30 pm

Funnily enough I have just watched our 4 goal victory over doncaster on dvd, when craig put that free kick away. Then I see this. ITS A SIGN, hahaha

Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:47 pm

I'd wear fecking red trousers as well if that came off :lol:

Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:52 pm

Canton stand baz wrote:I'd wear fecking red trousers as well if that came off :lol:

Class!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:53 pm

A mate of mine is in malta and hes reckons bellamy is over there telling anyone that will listen that he will be joining cardiff on july 1st, my mate just posted this on facebook, he doesnt go down the city but still put it on his fb

Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:07 pm

I was told earlier that QPR offered him a contract, not saying he accepted but was offered :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:00 pm

Hope it's true, would love to see him back ! :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:01 pm

:lol: there is no chance Bellamy is coming back to Cardiff and besides when another premier leg club comes in for him on a pay day no dought he will go there first remember what he said last time ffs but tbh you can't blame him but it's all bollox when sum one says they want to play for so and so until another big pay day comes along.... There is no chance Bellamy is coming back to us and that is a fact :lol:

Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:12 pm

Warren of Merthyr wrote::lol: there is no chance Bellamy is coming back to Cardiff and besides when another premier leg club comes in for him on a pay day no dought he will go there first remember what he said last time ffs but tbh you can't blame him but it's all bollox when sum one says they want to play for so and so until another big pay day comes along.... There is no chance Bellamy is coming back to us and that is a fact :lol:

Fecking spoil sport :lol:

Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:15 pm

Would be a top signing and just the type of player we need.
Tbh id say he is everything we lacked last season to go that extra step.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:25 pm

im sure he ll see out his last year at liverpool

really hope im wrong though

Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:57 pm

Overthemoon wrote:Hope you're right,as I've got £100 riding on us at 16/1 to get promoted, although I had £50 on us at 20/1 when he was with us last time! :D :ayatollah:

Anyone found any odds on Bellamy's club by the end of August?

Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:39 pm

cityblue wrote:A mate of mine is in malta and hes reckons bellamy is over there telling anyone that will listen that he will be joining cardiff on july 1st, my mate just posted this on facebook, he doesnt go down the city but still put it on his fb

haha what a load of bollocks. bellers was in soda bar in cardiff last night with chris gunter and carl froch, your mates telling porkies

Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:20 pm

Just heard it's looking likely :D :ayatollah: