Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Will it take the shine off.....

Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:23 am

So say we storm the league and win it!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think we have all thought about how we would feel if we ever gained promotion to the prem. pitch invasion, trophy around town ect.

With the re brand will you feel the same as you would if we were in blue?

Will it take the shine off going up in red? With a new badge?

I will be proud that Cardiff city football club are promoted and playing in the best league in the world but not sure how I would feel celebrating in red!!

Re: Will it take the shine off.....

Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:42 am

Canton stand baz wrote:So say we storm the league and win it!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think we have all thought about how we would feel if we ever gained promotion to the prem. pitch invasion, trophy around town ect.

I will be proud that Cardiff city football club are promoted and playing in the best league in the world but not sure how I would feel celebrating in red!!

Barrie are you starting to question your head over your heart. Is the realisation that we will be running out in Red and Huddersfield coming out in blue. And My opinion if we won the Champions league my heart would not feel the same.
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:45 am

Mmmmmmm :?:

Will feel very very weird.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:50 am

Hmmmm
600983_3915225395032_711975925_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:18 pm

I really don't think it would feel the same. I've imagined the thousands running onto the pitch after gaining promotion and celebrating for weeks. But after all this rebranding it just wouldn't feel the same :cry:

Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:23 pm

Canton stand baz wrote:So say we storm the league and win it!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

NO :?

Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:26 pm

I would be buzzing, but I'd rather go back to blue than get promoted any day.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:28 pm

Promoted in June. That's a new record.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:30 pm

shizzle wrote:

Promoted in June. That's a new record.

He's basically saying IF we got promoted, I would say an idiot could figure that out but you obviously couldn't :lol:

Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:37 pm

I will be celebrating but not in Red.
It has definately taken the shine off and i'm still struggling to come to terms with it.....the badge is the worst badge in the league and i'm gutted that some of the mock ups i've seen on here have not even been considered.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:44 pm

JonCCFC wrote:I would be buzzing, but I'd rather go back to blue than get promoted any day.

are you insane!! getting promoted would give us 90million and youd prefer to go back to blue before getting promoted!! unbelievable!!

its a colour change it wont change our history!! :?

Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:00 pm

brewer918 wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:I would be buzzing, but I'd rather go back to blue than get promoted any day.

are you insane!! getting promoted would give us 90million and youd prefer to go back to blue before getting promoted!! unbelievable!!

Success isn't everything, some people need to realise that.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:05 pm

JonCCFC wrote:
brewer918 wrote:

so the colour of our kit is "everything" to the club and fans is it ?? think you need to look at the bigger picture!

Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:11 pm

brewer918 wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
brewer918 wrote:

so the colour of our kit is "everything" to the club and fans is it ?? think you need to look at the bigger picture!

Our identity means more to me than success.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:26 pm

JonCCFC wrote:
brewer918 wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
brewer918 wrote:

well our identity wont be lost, has everything we achieved at ninian park been forgotton since we have moved. has all the history before then gone?

Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:29 pm

JonCCFC wrote:
brewer918 wrote:

Exactly. Success should be earned, not bought

Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:37 pm

CantonJack wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
brewer918 wrote:

I don't think man city fans are thinking that right now

Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:44 pm

CantonJack wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
brewer918 wrote:

oh yes our sucess is being bought isnt it , most of the money we get is going towards paying off debt and expansion etc. if we were spending 5 million here ond 6 million there then id say yes were buying it , weve spent 1 million, hardly buying the league is it.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:47 pm

JonCCFC wrote:
brewer918 wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
brewer918 wrote:

Exactly how I feel. Our identity means more to me than any successes, promotions or trophies. I appreciate everyone has differing feelings and emotions over this, but I feel some of the red camp just want to see a successful team playing in Cardiff. Personally, our colour, badge and identity means everything to me, but success isn't the be all and end all for me at all. I feel if we have to sell our soul for success, then I don't want success! My heart definitely won't feel the same if we go up this season. :(

Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:50 pm

I'm sorry, but promotion is worth more in the long-term than any aesthetic or superficial changes. We will ultimately return to blue, whether next season, or when the Malaysians leave; I am 100% sure of that.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:14 pm

OhhhGa wrote:I'm sorry, but promotion is worth more in the long-term than any aesthetic or superficial changes. We will ultimately return to blue, whether next season, or when the Malaysians leave; I am 100% sure of that.

How can you be 100% sure of that? Nobody has a clue what will happen in the future. But what seems very likely is the Malaysian's will take out this 100 million LOAN (not investment) and increase our stadium with RED seats! Then there's the 7% interest on top of this 100 million loan which we will have to one day repay to the Malaysian's! This is of course unless the Malaysian's do take us forward and make a profit from selling us (probably to a Chinese business, that's the only logical reason why we are being rebranded imo) and by then, our stadium will be red and there will be NO GOING BACK TO BLUE! :(

Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:34 pm

I'm not sure. I want the season to start so I can see how I feel actually watching them in red.

Hopefully it feels the same.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:49 pm

There's bound to be a local parks team that plays in blue.You could support them,surely.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:54 pm

clambake wrote:

There's bound to be a local parks team that plays in blue.You could support them,surely.

There's bound to be other teams who play in red and don't have the Bluebird on their badge as the main symbol. You could support them, surely.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:03 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
clambake wrote:

There's bound to be other teams who play in red and don't have the Bluebird on their badge as the main symbol. You could support them, surely.

I do.When City's playing away.I'm a football fan not a colour freak.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:07 pm

For me, no it wouldn't make any difference what so ever. Its still cardiff city. There's been huge changes at the likes of man city over resent years but I bet they never thought about toning there celebrations down when they won the league last season or fa cup the year before because there club has gone from being a traditional club to global one. The changes at our club are tiny compared to the transformation that some clubs have gone through. If we do gain promotion then we would have earned it after so many years of heartbreak so I for one will go absolutely balistic no matter what color top our players do it in :lol:

Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:10 pm

clambake wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
clambake wrote:

I do.When City's playing away.I'm a football fan not a colour freak.

Well I'm a Cardiff fan and support my local clubs tradition. I don't support a franchise, you'll be supporting Red Bull Salzburg next with that attitude. Anyway, you did a silly response above so I gave you a silly response back. I don't mind debating things properly, but people like you giving sarcastic comments to people who put our clubs identity ahead of our clubs success is unnecessary.