Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The pre match huddle

Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:22 pm

I was a bit surprised to see the players go into one of those pre kick off huddles before the game today. When the opposition have them they are usually met by booing or in the Ninian days a chorus of "What the f*cking hell is that?"

I seem to remember that a few seasons ago when Kav was captain we used to have these huddles.

Mind you, if they mean that we play with the commitment we showed in the first half today then maybe they should carry on with them!

Re: The pre match huddle

Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:06 am

I think the players know that they have been under pressure thru underperforming and a good huddle with some stern words prior to kick off did the trick as they played with passion which we expect every City player to do so in a City shirt. :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:14 am

Whatever was said seemed to work! :lol: Personally I don't mind if they do the Haka as long as we get 3 points :lol:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:38 pm

It would be a nice touch if when the players broke from the huddle they all did the :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:15 pm

I was told they were playing scissors, rocks, paper game :shock:

Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:59 pm

i also noticed that anthony gerrard was doing all the shouting getting the players up for it in this huddle.he also broke the advertising board when we scored after giving it a good old thump with his boot :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: