Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We wear what were told, we wear what weeeere told

Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:44 pm

Were cardiff city, we wear what were told. I cant wait for Forest Green....

Ive tried my hardest to stay out of the debate but i have to share my spin and hope some of you relate to what i think. I dont expect late friday night (too many bow wan*er comments) just consider I have an opinion and I love the city.

Fact: 50% 0f next season and every season for the last 90 years we play in blue. Nothings changed on that front.

No disrespect to those who follow city at home only for whatever reason be it financial, familiy commitments etc,but I cannot wait for the away days seeing malkys boys wearing blue. Especially when we win in their back yard as bluebirds...ive spent many away days feeling proud as punch and to wear blue away next season i think is exciting and ask yourself this question. How many other clubs will wear their home colours at our gaff. None.

The hurt of other supporters taking the piss is minimal. Nobody is asking anti red to accept change. Its simply a case of "you dont have a choice". I personally would love us to stay in blue, but these pathetic anti protests, marching and all the rest of it highlight the fact of unrest which does cause the rest of the football world to look on and laugh. If we embrace the change and be grateful of what Mr Tan is trying to do for our football club we can move on to greater hieghts. Im not ignnorant tan wasnt raised on clarkes pies and adidas gazelles and hes in it for the premiership money... but if hes prepared to committ his wealth, a colour, (which we had as an away kit not so long ago anyway)means financial stability for the club i love. I take it you all vote conservative ? have freezing cold baths every night ?
Cardiff fans are renowned for our passion and undevided loyalty to each other. I can only see divide at the moment and that hurts as a city fan. would there be an issue if we wore red away next season? were stillwearingblue the same amount of times.

Lets move on together, accept its a new chapter, we are wearing red next season. end of.

Lets show the football world we are prepared to where our away shirts at home to progress our club.

We wear what were told,we wear what were told, were cardiff city, we wear what were told.

Re: We wear what were told, we wear what weeeere told

Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:55 am

Well said butty.
Too much infighting over this.
Strength is in unity.

Not happy (very unhappy really) about colour change and badge.

Will not buy a red shirt and not like to see others wearing them at the ground.

But I will not fallout with city fans over it or "attack" those who wear the red shirts.

Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:44 pm

quote" but these pathetic anti protests, marching and all the rest of it highlight the fact of unrest which does cause the rest of the football world to look on and laugh"

I think you will find ironically they are already laughing at the lack of backbone shown by our fans and being rolled over. Thankfully Blue groups are emerging and other clubs trusts and fans will soon be backing our campaign. :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:15 pm

Spot on! Couldn,t have put it better and from your profile Pic who told you to wear that outfit !! :old:

Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:30 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:quote" but these pathetic anti protests, marching and all the rest of it highlight the fact of unrest which does cause the rest of the football world to look on and laugh"

I think you will find ironically they are already laughing at the lack of backbone shown by our fans and being rolled over. Thankfully Blue groups are emerging and other clubs trusts and fans will soon be backing our campaign. :ayatollah:

I totally respect the desire to remain blue but can't for the life of me understand this paranoia with people are laughing at us due to the rebrand. I don't think anyone really cares apart from city fans and all the fans I've spoken to from other clubs all see it as a no brainer considering the position we as in