Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: OK SO SOME OF U ARE SAYING I

Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:11 pm

Welshpaul wrote:Of course you are entitled to your opinion and say it loud and proud.

What i do object to is stirring up concerns over the handling of fiances when you had no issue with it pre rebrand.

Still no explanation why the sudden change??

Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:14 pm

Sadly Annis, I think you are one of a small vocal minority. Its obvious over the last few weeks that whilst some people have screamed and shouted about the changes, the majority of fans don't care enough to do anything about it. The Supporters Trust poll is nothing less than a fiasco. They have proved they are a massive irrelevance and speak for no one but themselves. They have totally failed to build up a core of support over the years and now that there is a cause to fight for they are shown to be a small bunch of people barely enough to fill a pub function room, and of which 61% couldn't be bothered to vote either way. They should just die out of the way they are a massive embarassment with any credibility they had, gone.

There is no fight left in the fans against these changes. Where City once had the Soul Crew to do the fighting, now there is no one. Any 'leaders' who try to galvanise opinion are just shouting against the wind. What a turn around. How it happened I don't know. My dad would turn in his grave.

You may care, its obvious most don't. City fans have become gutless consumers of what is put in front of them at the CCS. Its just so sad, pointless, pathetic and shameful. I am gutted. City have become a billionaire's bauble and I really fear for the future.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:08 pm

Keep arguing for the blue shirt, and proper badge Annis. Plenty of us agree with you 100%. This Malaysian, re-branding fiasco will all end in tears. They are proven liars.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
broadlandsblue1960 wrote:
broadlandsblue1960 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Ok so some of u are saying I am wrong for wanting to keep the Badge I love and the colour Blue which I love and believe passionately about since 1972 and I will say it again 40 consecutive seasons of renewing my season ticket and 9 years of 4th Division football without missing a game home or away.

Not having a go, just please answer me the following.

Am I not allowed to have my beliefs ?

My opinion ?

Am I supposed to just shut up and roll over ?

Why cant I continue to say how I feel ?

Why are some of u so upset with my stance ?
The same could be said for anyone who is happy to go along with the changes.
:ayatollah:

Are we not allowed freedom of speech and allowed our opinions in this country ?

If u want to be Red that is up to u.

The funny story is when I said I did not believe in the Trust and agree with it, some of u slaughtered me, but now look most of the same lot are now laughing at the Trust.

I wont change my mind, u wont catch me out, as its my belief and I will continue with it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Will try that again and reiterate the same could be said for anyone who is happy to go along with the changes
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Read what I had just written

Annis, I don't think that any of us want to be red. Most people seem to have taken the pragmatic approach ie. take the investment and what that should mean for the future of our club and at the same time bite the bullet and reluctantly accept the changes to shirt colour and badge. In 3 years or less we will be back in blue and with our old badge and playing in the Premier League....no probs :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:36 pm

Investment? The Malaysians are just money lenders. Do you really think that we will get to the premier league with this lot. This re-branding fiasco seems to have made us forget the second half of last season. League 1 if we continue like that.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
jtc wrote:of course you have the right to your views.forgeting the fact it,s your m/b you are a fan.every fan should have a view.i think they have lied from what i,v read.i havn,t met one person in my town who thinks changing to red is a good idea for you.one of my mates(he knows your mate)described it tuesday as completly wrong.i,m with him on that.opinions will differ and that,s what happens in a free country.as long as there is no violence then it,s all ok.there are pro re-branders on here.that tells anyone all they need to know.

Cheers Jeff, No matter what happens this season or in the future I will always be Blue. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

k.r.o :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Why are some of u so upset with my stance

SneggyBluebird
because you exhibit double standards,because you made personal attacks on tan thinking it would help your cause.I saw the tan is a liar thread and the tan is a dictator thread before you pulled them(one of your smarter moves)

Because Tan had said he would never deal or let Sam set foot in the stadium again, then Sam is offered Honoury Presidency, they said they had employed forensic scientists, yet that was not true and I honestly know that,rem they had already had everything checked over twice.
What hurt me was that they officially announced that City would be playing as they were and keeping Blue/Badge etc, then less than a week later, look what happened ?

Rem I was there when it was said no Bluebird at all on the badge.

Annis there are too many occasions when you will post stuff like you have above, questioning the integrity of Tan and then totally ignore anyone who challenges your views with perfectly sensible comebacks.

From experience probably pointless but here goes.

1. Sam has no power as Honorary President - the statement from memory (and I would question if it was even Tan's statement as you have implied) was around Sam coming back in some sort of director or shareholder role. Can you please publish the statement from Mr Tan where he said ' I will never deal with or let him that man set foot in the stadium again'

2. Please publish the article/statement in which the Malaysians said they would be using 'Forensic Scientists'. I remember reading an article but can't remember it carrying a statement from the Malaysians but it just being hearsay from some local reporters. I have no doubts that they will have made enquiries but I must admit I cannot understand why you care so much about whether checks were made or not, what is the big deal??

3. They initially said we would be red and the badge would change and it was not negotiable. Having been abused and having been given the wrong impression that the majority were against it, they honourably backed down and stated what some like you wanted to hear even though it would have meant less investment. Did you have a go at them for changing their minds on this occasion, no you didn't because its what you wanted to hear. Then look what happened, their was an outcry against the back down, the majority and yes its is the majority whether you are prepared to accept it or not then pleaded with them to reconsider and go back to their original investment plan. So on the request of the majority they went back to their original decision. Did you have a go at them for changing their minds on this occasion of course you bloody did because it wasn't what you wanted so stuff the majority.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:50 pm

I'm with you on this Annis.

I will never accept this red kit or crappy badge, brought in on the whim of one man who didn't even know we existed until just over two years ago.

KEEP CARDIFF BLUE!!!

Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:33 am

bluelover wrote:

SneggyBluebird
because you exhibit double standards,because you made personal attacks on tan thinking it would help your cause.I saw the tan is a liar thread and the tan is a dictator thread before you pulled them(one of your smarter moves)

Because Tan had said he would never deal or let Sam set foot in the stadium again, then Sam is offered Honoury Presidency, they said they had employed forensic scientists, yet that was not true and I honestly know that,rem they had already had everything checked over twice.
What hurt me was that they officially announced that City would be playing as they were and keeping Blue/Badge etc, then less than a week later, look what happened ?

Annis there are too many occasions when you will post stuff like you have above, questioning the integrity of Tan and then totally ignore anyone who challenges your views with perfectly sensible comebacks.

1. Sam has no power as Honorary President - the statement from memory (and I would question if it was even Tan's statement as you have implied) was around Sam coming back in some sort of director or shareholder role. Can you please publish the statement from Mr Tan where he said ' I will never deal with or let him that man set foot in the stadium again'

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28794302/

2. Please publish the article/statement in which the Malaysians said they would be using 'Forensic Scientists'. I remember reading an article but can't remember it carrying a statement from the Malaysians but it just being hearsay from some local reporters. I have no doubts that they will have made enquiries but I must admit I cannot understand why you care so much about whether checks were made or not, what is the big deal??

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 21,00.html

3. They initially said we would be red and the badge would change and it was not negotiable. Having been abused and having been given the wrong impression that the majority were against it, they honourably backed down and stated what some like you wanted to hear even though it would have meant less investment. Did you have a go at them for changing their minds on this occasion, no you didn't because its what you wanted to hear. Then look what happened, their was an outcry against the back down, the majority and yes its is the majority whether you are prepared to accept it or not then pleaded with them to reconsider and go back to their original investment plan. So on the request of the majority they went back to their original decision. Did you have a go at them for changing their minds on this occasion of course you bloody did because it wasn't what you wanted so stuff the majority.

Now its your turn. Show the statement were they said they listened to the fans and decided to go back to the original plan.

Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:01 am

You stand by your own beliefs mate plus its your forum you say what you like.

I think most of the posters who snipe at you wouldnt dare be so abusive and argumentative to your face.

Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:41 am

Annis, I think you're absolutley entitled to your opinion on this issue, and to express it as you have.

You know I take a different view to you on the re-branding, but I have always found I've been able to express my views on here and in the main, most people have been fine when I have (I've had the odd few insults, but not that many and the forum has clamped down on any insulting posts now, which was the right thing to do). :ayatollah:

Your responses to me have always been as reasonable as I could wish for :ayatollah:

I think this forum has dealt with this issue pretty fairly, especially when you bear in mind how truly emotional it is for so many of us (on both sides of the divide). :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:15 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
bluelover wrote:

SneggyBluebird

Thanks for that. AS I said it was in relation to SAM never returning in a capacity of power and he never said 'I will never deal with or let him set foot in the stadium again'.

Again thanks. I stand corrected. So Annis has concrete proof that they never employed any. Would love to hear how. And as I stated what issue does he have with this anyway. What if his Berjaya accountant looked at what evidence was already gathered and decided there was no point going ahead with it. We do know that a reduced offer has been made/nearly agreed upon. Why? Its one thing to attack the man's character but you have to back it up with facts. I notice that the statement issued by the club was on behalf of the Board and yet Annis feels the need to single out Tan

Now its your turn. Show the statement were they said they listened to the fans and decided to go back to the original plan.

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 85,00.html

Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:21 am

CP76 wrote:You stand by your own beliefs mate plus its your forum you say what you like.

I think most of the posters who snipe at you wouldnt dare be so abusive and argumentative to your face.

Absolutely agree 100% it's his board and he can post what he likes. I think however your wrong in saying that people are having a snipe at him. They are simply disagreeing with his views and debate is what a message board is all about.

Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:31 am

bluelover wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
bluelover wrote:

SneggyBluebird

Thanks for that. AS I said it was in relation to SAM never returning in a capacity of power and he never said 'I will never deal with or let him set foot in the stadium again'.

At the time it was made very clear Sam would not be returning in any capacity, just ask the anti Sam brigade.

Again thanks. I stand corrected. So Annis has concrete proof that they never employed any. Would love to hear how. And as I stated what issue does he have with this anyway. What if his Berjaya accountant looked at what evidence was already gathered and decided there was no point going ahead with it. We do know that a reduced offer has been made/nearly agreed upon. Why? Its one thing to attack the man's character but you have to back it up with facts. I notice that the statement issued by the club was on behalf of the Board and yet Annis feels the need to single out Tan

We will never know for sure as its one of those things that is kept secret. Personally I felt it was a PR stunt my the Malaysians to win over a large number of fans, that is the "I hate Sam" lot. This sort of thing should be done behind closed doors. I wonder what the anti Sam lot think now as most of them had hopes that the lebanese chap was going to walk away empty handed?

The board is Vincent Tan.

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 85,00.html

As a season ticket holder I don't recall being asked.

Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:41 am

bluelover wrote:
CP76 wrote:You stand by your own beliefs mate plus its your forum you say what you like.

Absolutely agree 100% it's his board and he can post what he likes. I think however your wrong in saying that people are having a snipe at him. They are simply disagreeing with his views and debate is what a message board is all about.

Yes there is some debate but also plenty of sniping and I stand by my comments the snipers wouldnt do it to his face.

Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:51 am

CP76 wrote:
bluelover wrote:

Yes there is some debate but also plenty of sniping and I stand by my comments the snipers wouldnt do it to his face.

So you shouldn't dare say what you think if the person you post about may be able to batter you? Is that what you mean?

Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:53 am

Carpe Diem wrote:
CP76 wrote:
bluelover wrote:

So you shouldn't dare say what you think if the person you post about may be able to batter you? Is that what you mean?

Dont apply to me im hard as nails

Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:56 am

CP76 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
CP76 wrote:
bluelover wrote:

Dont apply to me im hard as nails

No doubt.

Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:00 am

Forever Blue wrote:Ok so some of u are saying I am wrong for wanting to keep the Badge I love and the colour Blue which I love and believe passionately about since 1972 and I will say it again 40 consecutive seasons of renewing my season ticket and 9 years of 4th Division football without missing a game home or away.

My opinion ?

The funny story is when I said I did not believe in the Trust and agree with it, some of u slaughtered me, but now look most of the same lot are now laughing at the Trust.

I wont change my mind, u wont catch me out, as its my belief and I will continue with it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Totally respect your views and I reckon everybody would rather stay blue if it didn't compromise future investment. Where it all falls down is when the name calling and labelling start and any kind of constructive debate ends. Let's hope more signings focus us all on pitch issues instead as I reckon the red v blue has been done to death

Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:24 pm

My opinion ?

yes your allowed your opinion , and your allowed to fight for the colour blue. My only problem is tht on this forum its become all about red/blue. Every topic no matter what it is turns into tht debate. We sign mutch and guess what within ten minutes people are talking about how they hate the shirt hes holding up and the whole topic then changes to tht debate rather than the great news tht we signed a great player. i want to read about the player we signed and have a discussion on him not what shirt hes holding up. i dont mind tht there are discussions on this board regarding it , and people are displaying their opinions as im not forced to read the obvious debate threads. However i find it ridiculous that i cannot simply discuss football on this football forum without it being brought up, no matter how positive the news

Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:56 pm

I agree 100 per cent with you Annis :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:36 am

For God sake man.give it a rest because you are becoming predictable and boring