Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

QPR.......

Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:28 am

Will they be going red & white hoops soon...........?

Re: QPR.......

Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:40 am

RichardBluebird wrote:Will they be going red & white hoops soon...........?

wouldnt be supprised, ;) :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:56 am

I believe their away shirt is red & white hoops!

Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:36 pm

Overthemoon wrote:

I believe their away shirt is red & white hoops!

It is

Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:05 pm

Absolutely 110% not & has been confirmed by Tony Fernandes on twitter this week.

Our away kit is 4 square segments of red / white not hoops.

Our colours are blue & white why on gods name would we change colours?

Our owner also Malaysian is not an idiot & seems much more in touch with football & the club as a whole than your guys who unfortunately don't seem to know a thing about your history.

We are off to Asia on a pre season tour, a Premier league club in Malaysia & Indonesia is a MASSIVE deal to the people in them countries & is the correct way to build bridges, gain support & ultimately increase revenue NOT by re branding a club & throwing history to one side. The club will be travelling on a specially designed QPR Air Asia inscribed aeroplane & again this is all to build hype in those regions.

Would of been nice for your owners to think more along those lines rather than the cut throat way they are going about things right now.

I hope things settle down for you lads & you can start to enjoy pre season. At the moment that looks unlikely :(

Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:07 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Absolutely 110% not & has been confirmed by Tony Fernandes on twitter this week.

Our owner also Malaysian is not an idiot & seems much more in touch with football & the club as a whole than your guys who unfortunately don't seem to know a thing about your history.

We are off to Asia on a pre season tour, a Premier league club in Malaysia & Indonesia is a MASSIVE deal to the people in them countries & is the correct way to build bridges, gain support & ultimately increase revenue NOT by re branding a club & throwing history to one side. The club will be travelling on a specially designed QPR Air Asia inscribed aeroplane & again this is all to build hype in those regions.

Would of been nice for your owners to think more along those lines rather than the cut throat way they are going about things right now.

I hope things settle down for you lads & you can start to enjoy pre season. At the moment that looks unlikely :(

Cracking post Stan, I still cant belive we are turning Red .

Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:12 pm

I always said we should go on a tour of Malaysia, play the local sides and a Malaysia XI. What better way to market yourself in another region?

Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:21 pm

Cheers Blue.

Canton, your owners a wealthy smart people what are they thinking?

I said in another thread last week they have this fascination with the colour red being something that will pave they're paths with gold, I'm not so sure. Celtic, Rangers, Spurs, Chelsea have all got massive followings in Asia & beyond,do any of them have a hint of red? No of course they don't.

Ok it can be argued they are bigger clubs playing European football etc but the fact remains the colour red does not come into the equation.

Also if it was all about changing to red to increase support / revenue, why change your badge?

Wasn't sure what my thoughts were the other day but on reflection the whole thing stinks.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:41 pm

does fernadez own air asia

Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:43 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Absolutely 110% not & has been confirmed by Tony Fernandes on twitter this week.

Your absolutely spot on Stan, our owners just dont care. Its all about how much they can make off us not for the love of the club.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:23 pm

thomas9990 wrote:does fernadez own air asia

In a word......YES! in an interview on QPR Player, he even had a dig at your guys, without naming them by saying, "We will never change our home shirts, unlike some". The QPR plane is being readied for the tour and just in case some of you missed the post I made earlier this week click on the link.

http://via.me/-26j0h70

Now as Stan said, thatvisnhow you market in Malaysia and the Far East :D

Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:55 pm

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7835905/

Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:37 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7835905/

Hopefully the first of the younger players to be signed will be Samba Diakite, think a young Patrick Vierra. Quality footballer and as mad as a box of frogs! :D

Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:37 pm

DWQPR wrote:

Hopefully the first of the younger players to be signed will be Samba Diakite, think a young Patrick Vierra. Quality footballer and as mad as a box of frogs! :D

Reminds me of a better version of our Philip kiss, certainly likes a tackle lol

Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:45 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
DWQPR wrote:

Reminds me of a better version of our Philip kiss, certainly likes a tackle lol

Made 13 in the first half an hour of his debut, 11 missed the ball, nine got the player and he was awarded two yellow cards for his efforts! :D

Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:16 am

Here is another linked to QPR -

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/vie ... ed-by-QPR/

Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:41 pm

Sparky has been busy of late ....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18677707

Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:53 pm

Qpr fans poor at taking banter.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:30 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Cheers Blue.

I said in another thread last week they have this fascination with the colour red being something that will pave they're paths with gold, I'm not so sure. Celtic, Rangers, Spurs, Chelsea have all got massive followings in Asia & beyond,do any of them have a hint of red? No of course they don't.

Ok it can be argued they are bigger clubs playing European football etc but the fact remains the colour red does not come into the equation.

Also if it was all about changing to red to increase support / revenue, why change your badge?

Wasn't sure what my thoughts were the other day but on reflection the whole thing stinks.

Came back from malayasia where every sports shop was man utd everywhere even their planes were man utd .com they have got one of the biggest supporters clubs for man utd in the world so where does red not come into it everybody wearing utd shirts it's massive out there did'nt see any chelski celtic rangers or liverpoo and thats a fact :?: Can't see how CCFC are going to open their eyes or change their way of thinking about another team in red :evil: :evil: :oops:

Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:52 pm

irishblue wrote:
Stan-QPR wrote:Cheers Blue.

Came back from malayasia where every sports shop was man utd everywhere even their planes were man utd .com they have got one of the biggest supporters clubs for man utd in the world so where does red not come into it everybody wearing utd shirts it's massive out there did'nt see any chelski celtic rangers or liverpoo and thats a fact :?: Can't see how CCFC are going to open their eyes or change their way of thinking about another team in red :evil: :evil: :oops:

That is the way it is in Malaysia.M utd or Lpool, its cult over there!! The Cardiff City owners are kidding themselves. IT WILL ALL GO PARE!!!! :old:

Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:10 am

Another One linked with QPR -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18750029

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:57 pm

Adel Taarabt signs new deal -

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ar-1139838

Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:01 pm

Another one signs for QPR - this link shows how much QPR are willing to pay for new players...

Is Mackie part of this deal :?:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... tt-1150355

Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:17 pm

Thanks for your kind thoughts Stan....but personally speaking I'm really looking forward to the pre-season and can't wait for the proper season to start too. This could be a great season for us. :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:30 pm

QPR take on Hodges
Eurosport | Sat, Jul 21, 12:28

QPR have appointed Glyn Hodges as head of coaching and coach education. The 49-year-old is a former Welsh team-mate of manager Mark Hughes, who he worked with on the coaching staff at Blackburn, Manchester City and Fulham.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:47 pm

The difference is that QPR is being marketed in Malaysia.

Our owners want to market us in China, hence the red, because of the significantly high population.

What part of that is so difficult to grasp? :?

Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:59 pm

RedBluebird wrote:The difference is that QPR is being marketed in Malaysia.

Our owners want to market us in China, hence the red, because of the significantly high population.

Ah like Shanghai Shenua the best supported Chinese club with chinese moneymen behind them wanting to make them one of the biggest club is the world after splashing the cash on Anelka and Drogba.....

They are blue from head to toe.

just saying.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:09 pm

RoathMagic wrote:

Ah like Shanghai Shenua the best supported Chinese club with chinese moneymen behind them wanting to make them one of the biggest club is the world after splashing the cash on Anelka and Drogba.....

just saying.

Really..........as some of us have been saying.....WHY?

Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:27 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ng-1153452

Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:36 pm

RoathMagic wrote:

just saying.

Can't wait to see his answer to this.

If what he is saying is right then surely every team in China. Would play in red right?!! :?

-----------------------------------

Top Cat, Ki is a very very good player & shows our owners are really going for it. You may laugh bit they want European football, Europa league may be a slim possibility believe it or not. 3/1 to finish top 10.