Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ASK YOURSELF THIS

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:30 pm

Once you accept the changes you have given a license to the Malaysians to do what they want and when they want without consulting the people who keep the club afloat....... :ayatollah: THE FANS :ayatollah: ......I have heard many people saying they will tolerate these changes as long as they don't touch the name and we all know there are ways and means to do this just look at rangers.I believe this change will only lose money due to many fans whether red or blue not buying red merchandise,attacking a new market takes time and I am trying to understand how we will compete with Man utd,Man city,liverpool,chelsea,real madrid and barcelona etc for shirt sales when we are a championship club.As a business It would make sense to spend the money on players that will get us there and with the new TV deal that was struck with the PL promotion is now worth 150m.Why spend on a training ground when we ain't there yet? and extending a stadium we couldn't fill last season seems very strange.These are just a few questions you need to ask before you shoot the blue campaign down.There is more to come from the Malaysians as it just doesn't add up.
These are issues I would like clarified by the club.

Re: ASK YOURSELF THIS

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:41 pm

Theres more to come from the malaysians isit? Youve spoke to them and they told you this did they or have you got the abiltiy to read the future?

People will not buy red but also there will be new people embracing the red changes that will be buying red os theres pros and cons really.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:50 pm

cakey-8t7 wrote:Theres more to come from the malaysians isit? Youve spoke to them and they told you this did they or have you got the abiltiy to read the future?

People will not buy red but also there will be new people embracing the red changes that will be buying red os theres pros and cons really.

read the post,i am asking questions and stating views,at no point did i say i have spoken to the malaysians.I notice you couldn't answer any of the questions i asked,would you like to try or are they not important to you?

Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:01 pm

I believe we will be Cardiff City FC for ever more and we will play at the CCS.

Anything else is speculation.

Good enough for me. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

BTW, its not the fans keeping the club afloat.
It's the Malaysians.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:05 pm

SBF1 wrote:I believe we will be Cardiff City FC for ever more and we will play at the CCS.

It's the Malaysians.

really?

So what if no fans turn up, ever again

Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:12 pm

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....yawn......Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

This is getting so boring now. Can someone wake me up when the new season starts?

Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:13 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:
SBF1 wrote:I believe we will be Cardiff City FC for ever more and we will play at the CCS.

It's the Malaysians.

really?

So what if no fans turn up, ever again

Come on now, be serious. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:25 pm

dazzyt wrote:
cakey-8t7 wrote:Theres more to come from the malaysians isit? Youve spoke to them and they told you this did they or have you got the abiltiy to read the future?

read the post,i am asking questions and stating views,at no point did i say i have spoken to the malaysians.I notice you couldn't answer any of the questions i asked,would you like to try or are they not important to you?

Without trying to sound condescending, it is hard to see the questions, list them separately and I'm sure some will have a go at answering, the post is a little confusing. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:35 pm

There will ALWAYS be plenty of fans at match day regardless of how many under this current era say they aren't going again! personally I beleive that will be a very low percent!

At the end of the day we have won the "Championship FAMILY CLUB OF THE YEAR" 3 seasons in a row! with all the families and kids coming and going - there will still be PLENTY of merchandise flying off the shelves.

Fans are nothing but numbers, whether you chose to be one of those numbers is down to you. I still think that over 75% of the people currently upset about the rebranding - will still be there come first game of the season regardless of whether we bring in any new players or not.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:36 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
dazzyt wrote:

Without trying to sound condescending, it is hard to see the questions, list them separately and I'm sure some will have a go at answering, the post is a little confusing. :ayatollah:

Why The expansion of a stadium we can't fill?
and why build a training ground we don't need?

Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:41 pm

dazzyt wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
dazzyt wrote:

Why The expansion of a stadium we can't fill? THAT IS PENDING OUR HOPEFUL PROMOTION NEXT SEASON!
and why build a training ground we don't need? BECAUSE THE CURRENT ONE ISNT OWNED BY THE CLUB AND COSTS UP TO £300,000 A YEAR TO RUN! ALSO, I WOULD ASSUME THAT VT WANTS IT AS AN ASSET OF THE CLUB

Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:14 pm

Merlin wrote:
dazzyt wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
dazzyt wrote:

Why The expansion of a stadium we can't fill? THAT IS PENDING OUR HOPEFUL PROMOTION NEXT SEASON!
and why build a training ground we don't need? BECAUSE THE CURRENT ONE ISNT OWNED BY THE CLUB AND COSTS UP TO £300,000 A YEAR TO RUN! ALSO, I WOULD ASSUME THAT VT WANTS IT AS AN ASSET OF THE CLUB

So the money being invested is pending?

Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:26 pm

Bloody hell some people......

I know instead of aasking on forums buy some shares and get on the board then ask the questions? Yes?

Until then realise who's been keeping the club afloat? Remember the malaysian flag waving welcoming days when we were begging them to come, they've been true to their word so give them some trust.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:47 pm

dazzyt wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
dazzyt wrote:

Cheers for doing that, much clearer now :ayatollah:
The aim of the Malaysian's is to get us into the Premier league, if they intend floating the club on the stock market or simply selling it at a profit, in their eyes, the Premier League is where they want to be, they must have belief in their plans to be prepared to push forward with this, and in my eyes I see it as a positive to the long term future of our club.

The League have changed the requirements for League teams to get the full academy status, and having your own training ground is part of that, whilst Swansea are ahead of us in the League set up at present, they are way behind us in the youth and Academy set ups, we need to keep it that way to attract the best kids from these areas, another good long term aim in my eyes. Hope that helps.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:18 pm

dazzyt wrote:

Yeh it is important to me that's why I'm supporting and respecting what the Malaysians are doing for our club (bankrolling the future of CCFC and a successfull one if it all comes to plan)
And Gwyn has cleared up the answers to your questions

Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:28 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
dazzyt wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
dazzyt wrote:

The aim of the Malaysian's is to get us into the Premier league, if they intend floating the club on the stock market or simply selling it at a profit, in their eyes, the Premier League is where they want to be, they must have belief in their plans to be prepared to push forward with this, and in my eyes I see it as a positive to the long term future of our club.

The League have changed the requirements for League teams to get the full academy status, and having your own training ground is part of that, whilst Swansea are ahead of us in the League set up at present, they are way behind us in the youth and Academy set ups, we need to keep it that way to attract the best kids from these areas, another good long term aim in my eyes. Hope that helps.

Thanks for answering those questions Gwyn at least there is someone out there who can give an answer instead of abusing the post ,I gain my knowledge from asking questions and will continue to do so.The training facility is good for the future I understand and take that on board,but the stadium I still don't get,it's a bit like Rochdale building a 30,000 stadium in the hope of championship or premier football,do you see my point? :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:38 pm

dazzyt wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
dazzyt wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
dazzyt wrote:

Thanks for answering those questions Gwyn at least there is someone out there who can give an answer instead of abusing the post ,I gain my knowledge from asking questions and will continue to do so.The training facility is good for the future I understand and take that on board,but the stadium I still don't get,it's a bit like Rochdale building a 30,000 stadium in the hope of championship or premier football,do you see my point? :ayatollah:

well its simple u cant expand a stadium over night , we cant wait untill we are selling out every week then go ye we will expand it and have to wait ages. its called having ambition , they belive we can get promoted , whether its this season or one in the next few years . As soon as we do well now be better equipt with a bigger stadium for hopefully the bigger demand that we will get when we progress as a team.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:43 pm

dazzyt wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
dazzyt wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
dazzyt wrote:

Fair point you gotta ask questions to find out answers but it looked like you had already made your mind up that what the Malaysians are doing is not any good, they are showIng ambition and so should us fans and I believe going blue and not having the Malaysians full heart and dedication in the club would be a big step backwards, just give them a chance before shooting them down already :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:44 pm

At last a constructive debate!,Now can anyone answer the question on shirt sales....Can we compete with the major teams in asia?

Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:10 pm

dazzyt wrote:At last a constructive debate!,Now can anyone answer the question on shirt sales....Can we compete with the major teams in asia?

At present no but it's all a building process if and when we get to the premier league we will be in a better position to compete with the big teams for shirt sales, personally I don't think the change to red is about it being lucky and selling more kits only, it's the colour red linked with the dragon and fire and passion being appealing to other big money men investors and sponsors in places like china, I think VT could be a clever b*stard and hopefully his somewhat crazy plans will pay off for Cardiff city in the long run that's why I'd urge the fans to give it all a chance, and hey if it don't come off in a few years we can always change back blue

Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:13 pm

dazzyt wrote:At last a constructive debate!,Now can anyone answer the question on shirt sales....Can we compete with the major teams in asia?

At the end of the day every football fan in asia is going to have different opinions about teams. success helps with the sales as teams like man utd have greater exposure in world media , however football is a fickle thing, people fall in love with clubs no matter how good they are. there's a hell of alot of people in asia, we cant just sit back and show no ambition just cos someone else is doing that. think about it , do u think the guy who made facebook just went na i cant make this its a social site and everyone uses myspace, no he was just more inventive about promoting his brand.

i think we will make sales over there as vt has many retail connections over there so we could gain extra exposure throught that. it wont bring us tens of millions a year but hey it might work out and give us 500000 a year. in my opinion (as much as i hate the red idea) , im glad that vt is showing some ambition for the club. id rarther him have a go at gaining more revenue throuhg asia than just sit back and let us just carry on as we are.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:23 pm

:ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.