Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TLG on Polls

Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:11 pm

This statement from TLG on the other board hits the nail on the head for me.

"All of the polls that have been conducted since this re-branding farce hit the headlines have been utterly useless and pointless, regardless of how well-intentioned they have been. They have proved absolutely nothing due to the fact that a large percentage of the voters have been basing their opinions on spin, scaremongering, misinformation and, in some instances, downright lies. Besides which, the numbers taking part in these polls has been way too small to be viewed as being in any way representative of the fanbase."

Over the last couple of weeks I've read, from both pro blue and pro red groups some real rubbish. We will no soon enough how real VT's offer is.

Re: TLG on Polls

Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:20 pm

TheMortgageAdvisor wrote:This statement from TLG on the other board hits the nail on the head for me.

"All of the polls that have been conducted since this re-branding farce hit the headlines have been utterly useless and pointless, regardless of how well-intentioned they have been. They have proved absolutely nothing due to the fact that a large percentage of the voters have been basing their opinions on spin, scaremongering, misinformation and, in some instances, downright lies. Besides which, the numbers taking part in these polls has been way too small to be viewed as being in any way representative of the fanbase."

Over the last couple of weeks I've read, from both pro blue and pro red groups some real rubbish. We will no soon enough how real VT's offer is.

A bit obvious and not really of any informational value TBH. Really he should explain what parts are spin, scaremongering, misinformation and lies.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:35 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
TheMortgageAdvisor wrote:This statement from TLG on the other board hits the nail on the head for me.

A bit obvious and not really of any informational value TBH. Really he should explain what parts are spin, scaremongering, misinformation and lies.

That would take forever Tony.

Other than a few on here, Castleblue etc, most posters are putting their own spin on the way they see things, not factual information.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:38 pm

TheMortgageAdvisor wrote:

Other than a few on here, Castleblue etc, most posters are putting their own spin on the way they see things, not factual information.

Spot on. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:42 pm

Why is it that you are either seen as being pro blue or pro red? why is there never any consideration that you could just be pro investment, or anti investment for that.

Perhaps we could sub divide the pro investment category into;

Pro investment supporting VT's rebrand plan or Pro investment with no rebrand, no alternative strategy but just happy that the club gets the investment on your terms.

Whatever in fairness TLG is making a reasonable point here, How can any of us truely decide with all the spin, scaremongering, misinformation and let's not forget the disinformation.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:43 pm

TheMortgageAdvisor wrote:

You are quite correct obviously, but without any hard information fans will speculate.