Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Summer transfer window

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:45 am

For all those who are posting that Malky needs to make signings:

'NOW NOW NOW'

'MORE LIKE YESTERDAY'

'WE ARE FUCKED IF BELLARS DON'T SIGN TODAY!

Chill out lads, transfer window doesn't open until July 1st, and remains open until August 31st. After the Euros no doubt we will see plenty of Premier League signing taking place, and when that's done and dusted the players made redundant in their squads due to this will be offloaded and then, and only then will the managers of the Championship earn their pay by snapping up those players.

I know I've just stated the complete obvious but it seems people are getting a big worried at the lack of transfer activity despite the window not yet being open, Malky has stated he has his targets, granted we've heard that before but it's clearer on this occasion he has financial backing, so let's relax, watch the Euros and wait for the good times which are hopefully just around the corner.

Re: Summer transfer window

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:49 am

Well said Gavlar, it gets me annoyed every year when people start panicing. There is a bit of activity going on but as you say when th econtracts start expiring on 1 July and the euros are out the way, thats when it will really start. I have no doubt that Malkay is working hard behind the scenes and then we'll start to see action.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:02 pm

pontlliwblue wrote:Well said Gavlar, it gets me annoyed every year when people start panicing. There is a bit of activity going on but as you say when th econtracts start expiring on 1 July and the euros are out the way, thats when it will really start. I have no doubt that Malkay is working hard behind the scenes and then we'll start to see action.

Agreed, I don't doubt he's working behind the scenes, hopefully we'll be singing his praises come August about how he managed to keep certain deals under wraps!

Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:04 pm

I think your in for a shock gav come closer to the start of the season :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:07 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:I think your in for a shock gav come closer to the start of the season :ayatollah:

I'm used to disappointment on deadline day Ian! A couple of signing will be the shock! Fingers are staying crossed buddy

Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:09 pm

Gavlar wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:I think your in for a shock gav come closer to the start of the season :ayatollah:

I'm used to disappointment on deadline day Ian! A couple of signing will be the shock! Fingers are staying crossed buddy

:lol:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:16 pm

why?