Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The ray ranson burden?

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:43 am

When will it be settled?
If we sold whitts for a certain amount i think it was annis that said we would have to pay ranson 3.2m? Would that be quits then or would we still owe him money?
If so how much do we owe ray ranson?

Re: The ray ranson burden?

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:57 am

Interesting to also know when the debt was originally commissioned.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:59 am

jinks-rct wrote:When will it be settled?
If we sold whitts for a certain amount i think it was annis that said we would have to pay ranson 3.2m? Would that be quits then or would we still owe him money?

Jinks, that would be quits then. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:32 pm

So basically, & let me understand this,, if we sell Whitts for £3.2 million [or any one else for that matter], then the Ranson debt would be cleared for good?

Also if we offer £10 million to Langston, hoping that it will settle for a lump sum for, lets say, half that amount, then that debt will be settled??

What about PMG, how much to settle them?

Another thought, what about Leekes & the training grounds down the Vale, do we owe them any money???
I seem to recall Cardiff City being locked out of the Vale a few years ago because we owed them rent.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:35 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:So basically, & let me understand this,, if we sell Whitts for £3.2 million [or any one else for that matter], then the Ranson debt would be cleared for good?

Also if we offer £10 million to Langston, hoping that it will settle for a lump sum for, lets say, half that amount, then that debt will be settled??

What about PMG, how much to settle them.

Another thought, what about Leekes & the training grounds down the Vale, do we owe them any money???
I seem to recall Cardiff City being locked out of the Vale a few years ago because we owed them rent.

Correct Rickand then all debts cleared. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Not sure on PMG, Since 62(Keith) can answer how much they are owed, I thought about £7 mill or £9 mill.

I have heard we are well behind in our rent Rick, we will have to wait and see on that.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:36 pm

3.2m should be peanuts on an investment of 100m

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:When will it be settled?

Jinks, that would be quits then. :ayatollah:

If we are bringing quality in to the squad i'd sell whitts for 4m plus and pay off ranson but only if we can get a decent replacement for him

Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:06 pm

would it be the same if we sold a few players i.e. gerrard and keinan etc.. surely these 2 would fetch around 1.5mil total for both!

Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:10 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:would it be the same if we sold a few players i.e. gerrard and keinan etc.. surely these 2 would fetch around 1.5mil total for both!

Yes it would.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:09 pm

PMG were owed £7.7m at May 2011

This could have been reduced by almost £3m if certain payments had been made by 5th Oct 2011, but they weren't made, so I guess at that point they were still owed a similar amount.

There is an agreement made at a later date, which I think TG said was being stuck to, to pay them off by August 2013, so I would guess (hope) that the £7.7 has been reduced by a fair bit by now.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:18 pm

At the end of the day if we don't sell players we don't pay Ranson !

Probably the reason Gerrard's still here and why Malky has his dossiers before signing players, - they have to be long term assets!