Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Majority dont support rebrand

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:05 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:there are only about 2500 trust members..... get over it.

Same shit different day. :evil:

Actually it's closer to 600, the Supporters club however has close on 3000.
I'm sure the Trust will publish how many people actaully voted when they get around to it.

its actually closer to 700

it was 39 percent gwyn

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:06 pm

It shows that the majority dont care about going red,otherwise they would have voted if they were dead against it.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:07 pm

Sludge wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

I'm sure the Trust will publish how many people actaully voted when they get around to it.

it was 39 percent gwyn

So 147 people feeling strongly enough opposed to vote out of let's say 700 member's is seen as a majority?

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:07 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:More people get their milk delived in my village than the total number of trust members :roll:

And it's only a small village :lol: :lol: :lol:

isnt victor or wasnt victor spineti from cwm or have I got the wrong jinks here gwyn

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:09 pm

Sludge wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

I hope so Gwyn because people are making numbers up just to try and get people to convert.

People have a choice but its nowhere near a figure big enough to overturn the decision they have made.

who is making up numbers ?

A few are, ive seen this figure be close to 4000 according to some!!

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:09 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
Sludge wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

it was 39 percent gwyn

So 147 people feeling strongly enough opposed to vote out of let's say 700 member's is seen as a majority?

no gwyn out of those who voted it was a majority , the trust have got it wrong on that

do you have similar info regarding the supporters club ?

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:10 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:
Sludge wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

I hope so Gwyn because people are making numbers up just to try and get people to convert.

People have a choice but its nowhere near a figure big enough to overturn the decision they have made.

well you seem to be giving us more members than we have :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:11 pm

ngriffiths wrote:It shows that the majority dont care about going red,otherwise they would have voted if they were dead against it.

postal votes always have low turnouts

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:14 pm

Sludge wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:
Sludge wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

well you seem to be giving us more members than we have :ayatollah:

Me??? ive not made up anything of the sort, ill see the figures once published by the club or by the supporters club, ill then know who was or wasnt full of shit.

However I feel the numbers given by Gwyn are far more realistic than some of the made up figures on this site.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:29 pm

I aint being funny but i know lots of City fans but dont know a single member of the trust so the trust is just a minority of the thousands of supporters anyway so how "the trust" can speak on behalf of everyone is bollocks really

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:44 pm

only 26 percent of supporters club voted in their ballot , less than the trust

so lets be honest these polls mean feck all

the only poll worth doing is current season ticket holders, members and away members

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:45 pm

cakey-8t7 wrote:I aint being funny but i know lots of City fans but dont know a single member of the trust so the trust is just a minority of the thousands of supporters anyway so how "the trust" can speak on behalf of everyone is bollocks really

I know lots of city fans who are members of the trust

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:46 pm

Sludge wrote:only 26 percent of supporters club voted in their ballot , less than the trust

the only poll worth doing is current season ticket holders, members and away members

I agree on that Sludge.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:46 pm

Tailgunner wrote:This rebranding is nothing to do with selling shirts
do people really believe were now going to sell a million shirts ? :lol: just because we play in RED
FFS people can`t be that dumb and stupid :lol:

its about a Rich bloke who bought the club and his favourte colour is RED
its about a Rich bloke who bought the club and whats his country DRAGON as the badge

spot on :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:54 pm

Hofmeister wrote:
do people really believe were now going to sell a million shirts ? :lol: just because we play in RED

its about a Rich bloke who bought the club and whats his country DRAGON as the badge

totally disagree!! and anyone who thinks this is totally deluded to the real fact why!!

Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:03 pm

Hofmeister wrote:

its not for his own personal reasons he is a business man its for business reasons shame half of fans dont have the brain cells to see that

Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:08 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
Sludge wrote:only 26 percent of supporters club voted in their ballot , less than the trust

I agree on that Sludge.

hi mate , long time no chat , hope all is well

Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:09 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:

I agree on that Sludge.

Spot on Sludge. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:12 pm

cakey-8t7 wrote:
Hofmeister wrote:

its not for his own personal reasons he is a business man its for business reasons shame half of fans dont have the brain cells to see that

...and you believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny...

They lied to us, thats enough 4 starters. Theres no logical reason why we need the rebrand. FACT!!!

Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:16 pm

Hofmeister wrote:
cakey-8t7 wrote:
Hofmeister wrote:

They lied to us, thats enough 4 starters. Theres no logical reason why we need the rebrand. FACT!!!

There is £100 million logical reasons why??? do you or any Anti red have £100 million to stop this utter madness?

Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:17 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:
Hofmeister wrote:
cakey-8t7 wrote:
Hofmeister wrote:

There is £100 million logical reasons why??? do you or any Anti red have £100 million to stop this utter madness?

All I will say this £100 mill makes me laugh, lets wait and see, I dont believe it for one minute and have already said why a dozen times.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:30 pm

All I will say this £100 mill makes me laugh, lets wait and see, I dont believe it for one minute and have already said why a dozen times.[/quote]

I know.

To be honest mate was not targetted at you.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:32 pm

Rock and a hard place originally. Could have excepted red just, but the badge is so shit, its a joke. Plus the red looks cheap and tacky. all this could have been solved with a compromise, Blue home, red away. Better design on the Badge.

marketed Red abroad, but instead went ahead without any input from fans and thats no respect. who designed the badge, because its total shit, a mess.

i follow City rather than just the colour or badge but the whole thing is a joke.

We are Bluebirds not dragons never will be, we are not Wales, we are Cardiff City and play in Blue.

can see a lot of problems down CCS this season

Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:37 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:
Hofmeister wrote:
cakey-8t7 wrote:
Hofmeister wrote:

I doubt they will invest that sum into the club, the first place. IF they do, they want it back sooner or later and we will be in even deeper shit than we were b4.

Once a liar - always a liar...

And nobody can answer why we need that rebrand? It is cos the Malaysians want it, and that's the only reason. And I am not supporting it, how any loyal Cardiff fan can ever accept that badge etc, is beyond me

Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:59 pm

Why do we need the rebrand?? why did snickers change from the marathon? why did Opel fruits change to Starburst simple, to attract a new market and to attract new investment.

You doubt he will invest this money? do you know him personally?? do yo know his plans? all this is doubt simply because he is making changes you dont like, and people are using the rebrand to plant doubt in peoples minds.

Listen, he is a businessman, whether you like it or not, these changes will go-ahead until anyone comes up with an alternative. You state that your question never gets answered? My own opinion is below.

Its an investment, not a purchase. He did not buy CCFC because his grandfather was a fan or he lives in Ely, he is a businessman, he bought the club to make money, people who are self made billionaires are smart, not stupid, this guy is building the biggest shopping mall in the world, he ownes the rights to McDonalds in malaysia, he is a very clued up individual.

He has promised upto £100 million in total, this includes what he has already put in, including moneys to safeguard CCFC in the up and coming season, has promised future expansion of the CCS and promised future development of a world class training facility.

Why?? for £100 million he may get the following -

1) World Class Training Facility
2) Sustainable playing squad with a significant value
3) World Class stadium with possible naming rights
4) Possible Premiership Football
5) Sucessful brand awareness in Malaysia and possible China.
6 ) Debt free club

Look up Man Utd, a club millions upon million in debt, yet worth Billions in the open market.I know Man Utd maybe an exceptio and I doubt that CCFC will ever be as big, but this is a risk they are taking. Read the below as this confirms Man Utd to be worth a possible £2 billion.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/67f3c41c-b6ed ... z1yR6HW5ho

If someone walks into the club in say 2 years, he could sell for £2-300 million?? or even more, there is your answer, he may sell for 4 or 5 times the amount he invested, remember this is an investment not a lifelong purchase.

I hope this could be a possible answer to your question, because from a business point of view, this guy is a genius.

I have one question also? what are the alternatives to this investment?? do you have surplus of £70 million hanging around? what are the other possible options?
Last edited by caerdydd_78 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:00 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:More people get their milk delived in my village than the total number of trust members :roll:

And it's only a small village :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:08 pm

you can ask the same question but word it differently! and each time you will get different ansers! so anser depends on who asking question doesnt it? pro blue will ask in one way and pro red will do so in other way, garaunteed to get different results! so these polls are usless unless everyone agrees on the one question and simply put if ask do you want play in red or blue anser wil be blue! ask if blue and no investment majority anser will be investment, so polls are pointless excersise as owners no the fans feelings on colour anyway !! only way forward is fans representation to club and only that will work! polls are devisive as this thread shows! me i dont actually care about shirts i support ccfc! same everyone else, as we play in black alot and you all still support team so blue isnt the reason for support is it? its just part of reason! so unless the name cardiff city changes i will be watching them,

yes i no people scaremongering about the city dragons name unless it :D happens its just that scaremongering!!!!!

Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:16 pm

Hofmeister wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:
Hofmeister wrote:
cakey-8t7 wrote:
Hofmeister wrote:

I doubt they will invest that sum into the club, the first place. IF they do, they want it back sooner or later and we will be in even deeper shit than we were b4.

Once a liar - always a liar...

And nobody can answer why we need that rebrand? It is cos the Malaysians want it, and that's the only reason. And I am not supporting it, how any loyal Cardiff fan can ever accept that badge etc, is beyond me

because no one knows do they?? yes its because they want it and why do they want it? because somewhere down the line he will make money from us! then only then will he be happy and sell us for a profit as can you see him loseing 40mil + if he did well we are up creek without paddle just like before he came in so nothing new then :D, and nobody excepts badge but what do you suggest we do about it??? tell him to f off and take his 40mil with him??? because frankly thats abouty all we can do for now but guess you have better idea that will change his mind??? :?:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:23 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
Sludge wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

it was 39 percent gwyn

its a majority of those who voted which is where the report is wrong

Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:31 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:Why do we need the rebrand?? why did snickers change from the marathon? why did Opel fruits change to Starburst simple, to attract a new market and to attract new investment.

You doubt he will invest this money? do you know him personally?? do yo know his plans? all this is doubt simply because he is making changes you dont like, and people are using the rebrand to plant doubt in peoples minds.

Listen, he is a businessman, whether you like it or not, these changes will go-ahead until anyone comes up with an alternative. You state that your question never gets answered? My own opinion is below.

Its an investment, not a purchase. He did not buy CCFC because his grandfather was a fan or he lives in Ely, he is a businessman, he bought the club to make money, people who are self made billionaires are smart, not stupid, this guy is building the biggest shopping mall in the world, he ownes the rights to McDonalds in malaysia, he is a very clued up individual.

He has promised upto £100 million in total, this includes what he has already put in, including moneys to safeguard CCFC in the up and coming season, has promised future expansion of the CCS and promised future development of a world class training facility.

Why?? for £100 million he may get the following -

1) World Class Training Facility
2) Sustainable playing squad with a significant value
3) World Class stadium with possible naming rights
4) Possible Premiership Football
5) Sucessful brand awareness in Malaysia and possible China.
6 ) Debt free club

Look up Man Utd, a club millions upon million in debt, yet worth Billions in the open market.I know Man Utd maybe an exceptio and I doubt that CCFC will ever be as big, but this is a risk they are taking. Read the below as this confirms Man Utd to be worth a possible £2 billion.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/67f3c41c-b6ed ... z1yR6HW5ho

If someone walks into the club in say 2 years, he could sell for £2-300 million?? or even more, there is your answer, he may sell for 4 or 5 times the amount he invested, remember this is an investment not a lifelong purchase.

I hope this could be a possible answer to your question, because from a business point of view, this guy is a genius.

I have one question also? what are the alternatives to this investment?? do you have surplus of £70 million hanging around? what are the other possible options?

Good reasoned post