Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Majority dont support rebrand

Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:32 pm

he promised this, he promised that.... HE LIED TO US...and that's a FACT.
Therefore I cannot believe a single word the guy says...

They didnt threat to leave us if we dont take red - FACT

Mars, Snickers or whatever are consumable brands, different to a football club.

Said it b4, will say it again, rather be in the Conference as CCFC as we know it than in the Premiership with that thing on a red shirt

Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:34 pm

TheMortgageAdvisor wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:Why do we need the rebrand?? why did snickers change from the marathon? why did Opel fruits change to Starburst simple, to attract a new market and to attract new investment.

You doubt he will invest this money? do you know him personally?? do yo know his plans? all this is doubt simply because he is making changes you dont like, and people are using the rebrand to plant doubt in peoples minds.

Listen, he is a businessman, whether you like it or not, these changes will go-ahead until anyone comes up with an alternative. You state that your question never gets answered? My own opinion is below.

Its an investment, not a purchase. He did not buy CCFC because his grandfather was a fan or he lives in Ely, he is a businessman, he bought the club to make money, people who are self made billionaires are smart, not stupid, this guy is building the biggest shopping mall in the world, he ownes the rights to McDonalds in malaysia, he is a very clued up individual.

He has promised upto £100 million in total, this includes what he has already put in, including moneys to safeguard CCFC in the up and coming season, has promised future expansion of the CCS and promised future development of a world class training facility.

Why?? for £100 million he may get the following -

1) World Class Training Facility
2) Sustainable playing squad with a significant value
3) World Class stadium with possible naming rights
4) Possible Premiership Football
5) Sucessful brand awareness in Malaysia and possible China.
6 ) Debt free club

Look up Man Utd, a club millions upon million in debt, yet worth Billions in the open market.I know Man Utd maybe an exceptio and I doubt that CCFC will ever be as big, but this is a risk they are taking. Read the below as this confirms Man Utd to be worth a possible £2 billion.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/67f3c41c-b6ed ... z1yR6HW5ho

If someone walks into the club in say 2 years, he could sell for £2-300 million?? or even more, there is your answer, he may sell for 4 or 5 times the amount he invested, remember this is an investment not a lifelong purchase.

I hope this could be a possible answer to your question, because from a business point of view, this guy is a genius.

I have one question also? what are the alternatives to this investment?? do you have surplus of £70 million hanging around? what are the other possible options?

Good reasoned post

Hmm Promised, like u say promised.

2 years later after running/controlling our club were now £82 mill in debt and still PMG/RANSON/LANGSTON not been dealt with, but our identity stripped.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:35 pm

forgot to mention:
if hes such a great business man, he wouldnt walk with all that money he claimed he invested already just because we dont accept his changes. he would sell the club or get more investors in.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:45 pm

No they don't. Most are in favour

Good night.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:50 pm

Hofmeister wrote:he promised this, he promised that.... HE LIED TO US...and that's a FACT.
Therefore I cannot believe a single word the guy says...

They didnt threat to leave us if we dont take red - FACT

Mars, Snickers or whatever are consumable brands, different to a football club.

Said it b4, will say it again, rather be in the Conference as CCFC as we know it than in the Premiership with that thing on a red shirt

I agree it was not about a take it or leave it offer, but if I invested upto £100 million into a company i'd do what the hell I like with the club if i knew there was a return on my investment. again ill say it again its a business to him.

How is a chocolate bar and a football club different??? there all brands, football is a business, why cant anyone get that!! ok Aviva previously the Norwich Union??? why rebrand?? because people though of NU as an old mans insurer and they lost millions to Direct Line because they looked appealling, now there sponsoring the new Ireland Stadium, and may have landed millions more. Its all about Marketing he knows Malaysia better than us, you need to understand that.

Would rather be in the conference??? what a stupid post. Until any of the so called anti-red cxome along with money to pay out the Malaysians grow a pair and accept it.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:54 pm

so, you dont see a difference between a football club and a mars-bar? :?:

I see modern football arrived in parts of south wales :(

And NO, i wont accept them raping our club...

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:01 pm

Hofmeister wrote:so, you dont see a difference between a football club and a mars-bar? :?:

Regarding the brands no!! , obvious differences between the two businesses models of course but a business is a business, the way an investor treats a business is the same, its the target audience and market that changes.

How are they raping our club?? please explain?? its like a merry go round and nothing sinks into some people.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:09 pm

The Mystery wrote:No they don't. Most are in favour

Good night.

Love it when people read the OP :roll:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:12 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:
Hofmeister wrote:so, you dont see a difference between a football club and a mars-bar? :?:

Regarding the brands no!! , obvious differences between the two businesses models of course but a business is a business, the way an investor treats a business is the same, its the target audience and market that changes.

How are they raping our club?? please explain?? its like a merry go round and nothing sinks into some people.

I feel passionate about CCFC, its not a product. Never felt passionate bout eating a Mars-bar or consuming anything else. I am a fan, the club means a lot to me, its like a family member it is a part of my life. If ur happy degrading CCFC to a consumer product you call urself a customer.

They are taking away our identity, the symbol for what the proud club stands. It's the same as if they would rename us or relocate us to Dover.

would you still support the rebrand if the proposed colour was an all white kit with a black swan as crest just because you can market it better in Madagascar?

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:16 pm

Hofmeister wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:

I feel passionate about CCFC, its not a product. Never felt passionate bout eating a Mars-bar or consuming anything else. I am a fan, the club means a lot to me, its like a family member it is a part of my life. If ur happy degrading CCFC to a consumer product you call urself a customer.

They are taking away our identity, the symbol for what the proud club stands. It's the same as if they would rename us or relocate us to Dover.

would you still support the rebrand if the proposed colour was an all white kit with a black swan as crest just because you can market it better in Madagascar?

Spot on Steffan, were not a f*cking bar of chocolate . :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Hofmeister wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:

...but you're still a horrible english c*** ;)

haha no offence mate :lol:

btw hows the family?

:ayatollah: DEUTSCHLAND :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:20 pm

would you still support the rebrand if the proposed colour was an all white kit with a black swan as crest just because you can market it better in Madagascar?[/quote]

Im a fan also, but you dont see the bottomline. No im not comparing CCFC and Mars, but like I said a business is a business. He is an investor and NOT and I must stress he is NOT a fan.

Rgearding the Swans bit, why would they re-brand to a swan?? not piss taking about our Jack rivals but you cannot market a swan in a new venture and be serious.

Listen like you im a fan, been a fan over 25 years and a season ticket holder for 11 years. I am still choosing to support Cardiff City, red, blue, yellow or pink, I dont care. To me Cardiff City is more than just a club, its a chance for a group of my closest friends and family to meet up most weeks and have a pint, relax, take mind off homelife and business and try to switch off.

I dont speak for anyone but myself but I speak to a lot of the boys down the CCS and most feel and use the city as a social club, yes the bottom line is Cardiff City, but its the social part that is big for me.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:23 pm

Spot on Steffan, were not a f*cking bar of chocolate . :ayatollah:[/quote]

That correct were a business, please dont patronise me Annis, a chocolate bar was simply used to provide an example of a sucessful rebrand.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:24 pm

Hofmeister wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Hofmeister wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:

btw hows the family?

:lol:

Very well thanks Steffan and yours ?
When u over next ?

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:26 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:Rgearding the Swans bit, why would they re-brand to a swan?? not piss taking about our Jack rivals but you cannot market a swan in a new venture and be serious.

so would you support an all white rebrand and a swan, if they would promise us 100Mill. ?
Yes or No?

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Hofmeister wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Hofmeister wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:

btw hows the family?

:lol:

Very well thanks Steffan and yours ?
When u over next ?

was coming in august for the start of the season. After all this rebrand shit I was about to call it a day and retire as a City fan, but with now an opposition formed, I might come in August to join keepcardiffblue and stage a protest...

family is fine thanks

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:31 pm

Hofmeister wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:Rgearding the Swans bit, why would they re-brand to a swan?? not piss taking about our Jack rivals but you cannot market a swan in a new venture and be serious.

so would you support an all white rebrand and a swan, if they would promise us 100Mill. ?
Yes or No?

There you go, your using something none of us would stand up for, they are using a red kit and putting a dragon on our badge.

Clearly you know very little about Business and Marketing and using a brand that personally I detest (Swans) and you are tying to use that as a reason why your group of so called true fans are against the re-brand.

You anti-red fans have no and I mean no straight answer to a simply question. WHAT ALTERNATIVES DO WE HAVE????

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:34 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:
Hofmeister wrote:

Yes or No?

There you go, your using something none of us would stand up for, they are using a red kit and putting a dragon on our badge.

Clearly you know very little about Business and Marketing and using a brand that personally I detest (Swans) and you are tying to use that as a reason why your group of so called true fans are against the re-brand.

You anti-red fans have no and I mean no straight answer to a simply question. WHAT ALTERNATIVES DO WE HAVE????

Of course no one would want us now, as they have run a debt up of £30 odd mill to over £80 odd mill in 2 years :shock: :shock:
So they are totally controlling everything and putting us deeper in to debt and their plan B, is to strip our identity to sell a Championship club on the Asian Markets. :roll: :roll:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:40 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:WHAT ALTERNATIVES DO WE HAVE????

stay blue, keep the crest, the Malaysians to find either others who they sell the club to or stay with us and find another way.

btw still waiting for an anwser to my question...

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:41 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:
Hofmeister wrote:

Yes or No?

This question needs to be turned around as its the only one the pro reds seems to want to ask - what alternatives do we have?

Well I ask the pro-reds when the investment fails to materialise and VT has run us further into debt what alternatives will the pro red brigade offer then?

Quick enough to ask for a plan B when you don't have one of your own for when you finally realise you have been lied to and shit all over.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:41 pm

Of course no one would want us now, as they have run a debt up of £30 odd mill to over £80 odd mill in 2 years :shock: :shock:
So they are totally controlling everything and putting us deeper in to debt and their plan B, is to strip our identity to sell a Championship club on the Asian Markets. :roll: :roll:[/quote]

Simple question Annis.

From a businessman and Author, if i took 1000 of your books to Malaysia do you think they would sell??? being honest, I would say no.

Why?

1) Nobody knows you
2) You would need to spend 1000s on marketing yourself and your books in order to sell.

Im not having a dig but, you stated Cardiff City is not a chocolate bar, to which you are correct. If Cardiff City were to sell itself in Asia at this time, nobody would even look, the same issue you have with your books.

If you read my post on possible assets once the transition has been completed you would understand the main reasons for the rebrand.

You al go on about the money and debts they have run up?? one simple question who is this debt owed to? can you explain?

I look forward to your reply.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:44 pm

djwayne wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:
Hofmeister wrote:

Yes or No?

This question needs to be turned around as its the only one the pro reds seems to want to ask - what alternatives do we have?

Well I ask the pro-reds when the investment fails to materialise and VT has run us further into debt what alternatives will the pro red brigade offer then?

Quick enough to ask for a plan B when you don't have one of your own for when you finally realise you have been lied to and shit all over.

Dwain thats easy, nobody is giving this rebrand a chance.

What a b*stard VT is, giving us everything we as a club have always dreamed of and yet fans are never happy.

Its a colour, Look at Rangers, would they play in red to still be in the SPL, or even Scottish Football, damn right they would.

You need to read up on the fincncial rules from 2013 and you might understand.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:47 pm

Hofmeister wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:WHAT ALTERNATIVES DO WE HAVE????

stay blue, keep the crest, the Malaysians to find either others who they sell the club to or stay with us and find another way.

btw still waiting for an anwser to my question...

Find another way???? in 2013 we will NOT be within the boundries of the new financial fair play rules, we would never survive.

Rangers are about to be kicked out of Scottish Football yet you are saying VT can simply find another investor?? your talking about a multi million pound investment, they as investors will want a return. Why cant you understand this??

Answer to what question??

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:49 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:
Its a colour, Look at Rangers, would they play in red to still be in the SPL, or even Scottish Football, damn right they would.

no they wouldnt. mate of mine is a hun oohps I mean rangers fan... and i asked him the same question and his honest opinion how the majority of the huns, erm Rangers fans, would react?

answer was rather in scottish league 3 in blue than in red in the SPL

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:50 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:Of course no one would want us now, as they have run a debt up of £30 odd mill to over £80 odd mill in 2 years :shock: :shock:
So they are totally controlling everything and putting us deeper in to debt and their plan B, is to strip our identity to sell a Championship club on the Asian Markets. :roll: :roll:

Simple question Annis.

From a businessman and Author, if i took 1000 of your books to Malaysia do you think they would sell??? being honest, I would say no.

Why?

1) Nobody knows you
2) You would need to spend 1000s on marketing yourself and your books in order to sell.

Im not having a dig but, you stated Cardiff City is not a chocolate bar, to which you are correct. If Cardiff City were to sell itself in Asia at this time, nobody would even look, the same issue you have with your books.

If you read my post on possible assets once the transition has been completed you would understand the main reasons for the rebrand.

You al go on about the money and debts they have run up?? one simple question who is this debt owed to? can you explain?

I look forward to your reply.[/quote]

Of course my books would not sell and nor will Cardiff unless we are in the top 6 of the Premier League for quite a few years.
I would also like to know how we have jumped from £30 odd mill to £80 odd mill in 2 years, excellent question and this needs addressing. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:50 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:

THIS: so would you support an all white rebrand and a swan, if they would promise us 100Mill. ?
Yes or No?

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:53 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:
Find another way???? in 2013 we will NOT be within the boundries of the new financial fair play rules, we would never survive.

read again, if they Malaysians find another way to make money with the bluebirds crest and our colour, heritage etc

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:56 pm

Hofmeister wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:

THIS: so would you support an all white rebrand and a swan, if they would promise us 100Mill. ?
Yes or No?

To Support CCFC yes, but you know and I know that would not happen, That is an impossible question to answer any CCFC fan, the answer would always be NO.

Listen, this debate is not personal, ive actually enjoyed this debate. However, you and I will never agree on this, it dont mean ill never talk or have a similar chat, its just two different opinions.

I just agree with what they are doing and until we are proven wrong, we have nothing else.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:57 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:
djwayne wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:
Hofmeister wrote:

Yes or No?

Some are accepting it far too readily without any provision of guarantees.

What a b*stard VT is, giving us everything we as a club have always dreamed of and yet fans are never happy.
Promising you the earth and so far has delivered f**k all except a red kit and more debt
Not a chance have a good mate who is a rangers fan and he would never change his colours.

The financial fair play rules will be the end of the club because of VT running us into further debt and not fulfilling some of these so called promises

Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:06 pm

djwayne wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:
djwayne wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:
Hofmeister wrote:

Yes or No?

Some are accepting it far too readily without any provision of guarantees.

Promising you the earth and so far has delivered f**k all except a red kit and more debt
Not a chance have a good mate who is a rangers fan and he would never change his colours.

The financial fair play rules will be the end of the club because of VT running us into further debt and not fulfilling some of these so called promises

Waste of time answer that, the rebrand was confirmed 3 weeks ago yet people dig at what he did two yeard ago.

Listen, without VT two years ago we would have been in massive shit.

Let time pass and we will see, problem is things take time and people expect it now, it wont happen.