Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Majority dont support rebrand

Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:19 am

21 June 2012 Last updated at 09:49
Cardiff City Supporters Trust vote against blue-to-red change

The changes include a new club crest, with a dragon The changes include a new club crest, with a dragon

Cardiff City fans have given their team's colour change from blue to red the thumbs' down in a vote held by a supporters' group.

Nine out of 10 members of Cardiff City Supporters Trust said they they had not been consulted enough over the change.

The club's Malaysian owners have said the change is an essential part of their financial plans to attract a worldwide following.

The colour red is regarded as lucky in parts of Asia.

The club's new owners this month confirmed that they will change the team's shirts from blue to red with a new dragon crest as part of "major and significant" investment.

The Malaysian investors Tan Sri Vincent Tan and Dato Chan Tien Ghee, known as TG, have pledged to invest up to £100m in the club.

But the rebranding provoked disappointment and anger among some fans of the club, known as the Bluebirds.

The supporters' trust said it would consult fans and in a vote, 54.7% said they did not support the colour change, while 43.8% backed it.

On the question of whether they felt the club had consulted fans adequately about the changes, 89.4% said no, while 8.7% said yes.
'Loyal supporters'

Four fans in five said they wanted the trust to push for more information about the proposals.

Trust chair Tim Hartley said he understood that many of the fans who backed the changes only did so reluctantly.

He said: "The club now needs to reflect very carefully on the views of some of its most loyal supporters.

"What is clear is that fans feel the club failed to consult them properly before such a radical change. We believe that as a minimum, all season ticket holders should have been consulted in advance."

article here : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-sout ... s-18530466

Re: Majority dont support rebrand

Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:27 am

djwayne wrote:21 June 2012 Last updated at 09:49

The changes include a new club crest, with a dragon The changes include a new club crest, with a dragon

Cardiff City fans have given their team's colour change from blue to red the thumbs' down in a vote held by a supporters' group.

Nine out of 10 members of Cardiff City Supporters Trust said they they had not been consulted enough over the change.

The club's Malaysian owners have said the change is an essential part of their financial plans to attract a worldwide following.

The club's new owners this month confirmed that they will change the team's shirts from blue to red with a new dragon crest as part of "major and significant" investment.

The Malaysian investors Tan Sri Vincent Tan and Dato Chan Tien Ghee, known as TG, have pledged to invest up to £100m in the club.

But the rebranding provoked disappointment and anger among some fans of the club, known as the Bluebirds.

The supporters' trust said it would consult fans and in a vote, 54.7% said they did not support the colour change, while 43.8% backed it.

On the question of whether they felt the club had consulted fans adequately about the changes, 89.4% said no, while 8.7% said yes.
'Loyal supporters'

Four fans in five said they wanted the trust to push for more information about the proposals.

Trust chair Tim Hartley said he understood that many of the fans who backed the changes only did so reluctantly.

He said: "The club now needs to reflect very carefully on the views of some of its most loyal supporters.

"What is clear is that fans feel the club failed to consult them properly before such a radical change. We believe that as a minimum, all season ticket holders should have been consulted in advance."

majority of the trust dont surport it how many members do the trust have?

Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:38 am

there are only about 2500 trust members..... get over it.

Same shit different day. :evil:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:44 am

caerdydd_78 wrote:Same shit different day. :evil:

You are right all your posts do seem the same these days ;)

Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:54 am

djwayne wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:Same shit different day. :evil:

You are right all your posts do seem the same these days ;)

Thats because im for the changes and will embrace them to help the club. I understand the reasons why the changes are being made, these so called true fans are simply never going to change, and thereofe will always have a negative view on anything other than what we had.

People might not like the messages I put on here, But my posts are honest and understandable, and have seveal close friends on this site who agree with my opinion on things.

Let me tell you something about the so called true blue fans!! how many of them who agreed to purchase a season ticket to obtain a ticket for the Carling Cup have asked for refunds, simply because they were bought on a false promise to begin with??

I know a lot and it makes me sick.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:23 am

its all bullshit they nearly drove the malaysians out last time when vt and tg said they were gonna stay blue and look for differant investment? if people get their wish and stay blue then the malaysians will probably say the same and then where does that leave us

Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:40 am

caerdydd_78 wrote:there are only about 2500 trust members..... get over it.

I,m suprised the mods havn,t made this a sticky!!!

Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:44 am

cakey-8t7 wrote:its all bullshit they nearly drove the malaysians out last time when vt and tg said they were gonna stay blue and look for differant investment? if people get their wish and stay blue then the malaysians will probably say the same and then where does that leave us

that leaves us in a blue kit

they wont go anywhere until they find a buyer, think about it

Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:45 am

'Loyal supporters'

Didnt they have Yes - NO- UNSURE options as i feel the majority of fans would pick unsure

Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:53 am

jinks-rct wrote:
djwayne wrote:
/snip

Didnt they have Yes - NO- UNSURE options as i feel the majority of fans would pick unsure

Think that snippet above covers that there is a huge difference between fans who reluctantly accept the rebranding and those who actively support it (the pro reds).

Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:58 am

djwayne wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:
djwayne wrote:
/snip

Think that snippet above covers that there is a huge difference between fans who reluctantly accept the rebranding and those who actively support it (the pro reds).

so over 1000 people in the trust are in surport of the investment and re branding quite good i think from the hardcore of city fans :ayatollah: im sure if you asked the question investment or no investment then 99% will go for investment :lol:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:59 am

Only 39% of the members bothered to vote so that polls useless

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:00 am

ngriffiths wrote:Only 39% of the members bothered to vote so that polls useless

quality.....this number is dwindling by the minute!! didnt it start with 3-4000 :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:11 am

Three questions with either a Yes [A] or a No [B] answer. Hardly an informative guide, imho.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:24 am

More people get their milk delived in my village than the total number of trust members :roll:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:27 am

jinks-rct wrote:More people get their milk delived in my village than the total number of trust members :roll:

Made my day that post :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:35 am

This rebranding is nothing to do with selling shirts
do people really believe were now going to sell a million shirts ? :lol: just because we play in RED
FFS people can`t be that dumb and stupid :lol:

its about a Rich bloke who bought the club and his favourte colour is RED
its about a Rich bloke who bought the club and whats his country DRAGON as the badge

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:38 am

Just read on mikes board,approx 147 was against,117 was for.how can they demand a meeting with figures like that

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:41 am

Actually it's closer to 600, the Supporters club however has close on 3000.
I'm sure the Trust will publish how many people actaully voted when they get around to it.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:45 am

BigGwynram wrote:

I'm sure the Trust will publish how many people actaully voted when they get around to it.

I hope so Gwyn because people are making numbers up just to try and get people to convert.

People have a choice but its nowhere near a figure big enough to overturn the decision they have made.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:45 am

ngriffiths wrote:Just read on mikes board,approx 147 was against,117 was for.how can they demand a meeting with figures like that

You can't judge peoples mood by simply asking for a yes or no reply. Well,, may be you could if you were questioning a consumer product in a super market!

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:46 am

jinks-rct wrote:More people get their milk delived in my village than the total number of trust members :roll:

And it's only a small village :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:49 am

Tailgunner wrote:This rebranding is nothing to do with selling shirts
do people really believe were now going to sell a million shirts ? :lol: just because we play in RED

its about a Rich bloke who bought the club and whats his country DRAGON as the badge

I am of this opinion as well.

It's his ball and he can take it home whenever he wants. Simple truth. I was expecting a big announcement to pacify the punters, the silence is worrying.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:54 am

Tailgunner wrote:This rebranding is nothing to do with selling shirts

Is it possible that it could be that simple???

Hold on a minute,,,,we are talking about CardiffCity FC!

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:57 am

how many voted in the supporters club poll ?

the turnout for the trust poll was 39 percent which is low but I bet the supporters club had a similar turnout and that is being used to push things on

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:59 am

caerdydd_78 wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

I hope so Gwyn because people are making numbers up just to try and get people to convert.

People have a choice but its nowhere near a figure big enough to overturn the decision they have made.

who is making up numbers ?

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:02 pm

wez 1927 wrote:

'Loyal supporters'

majority of the trust dont surport it how many members do the trust have?

668 were eligible to vote wez

ngriffiths wrote:Just read on mikes board,approx 147 was against,117 was for.how can they demand a meeting with figures like that

Its quite simple the trust are there to act on the fans views. I am a fully paid member of the Trust and the ballot was fair and square. The majority decision wins same as an election. E.G If we want an open meeting for example on ST refunds the trust have to push for it rather than the current closed doors etc

Sludge wrote:how many voted in the supporters club poll ?

the turnout for the trust poll was 39 percent which is low but I bet the supporters club had a similar turnout and that is being used to push things on

39% was good enough for the Tories.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:03 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:

Made my day that post :lol: :lol:

Must've been a shit day :lol: