Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dossiergate

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:40 am

Im sure all you students of history will remember Watergate and how it dogged President Nixon right up till his fall from grace,i will now make the case for Dossiergate and how it might signal the end of Mackay,now before you accuse me of being a bit of a drama queen,i ask you to read again Mackays transfer policy,to come to the same conclusion as myself,that the man is preparing us to accept the same lame excuses for his lack of transfer activity as he spouted last season,also if we are to believe what we are told,that we did bid for this player and for that player,but was gussumped (not sure of the spelling)by other teams,could the reason for that been the obsession of putting together time consuming dossiers on all his targets,i say to you all,red or blue faction that it makes no difference what type of war chest Mackay has at his disposal,his belt and braces approach to management will always be his guiding principle,i end my posting on what i maintain could be a sting in the tail for Mackay this season...........rebranding,those of us who turned red did so with heavy hearts,the two main reasons for our decision to go red, was the financial stability it offered the club,the second reason,and this is where i think Mackay may come unstuck,was the prospect of the manager being giving sufficient funds to strengthen the squad with much needed quality signings,if he fails to do so because of his ridged approach to the transfer market,not only will he feel the backlash of the pro red brigade,but also the owners will want to know why their plans for rebranding of our club is starting to unravel...........so for Watergate,read Dossiergate

Re: Dossiergate

Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:21 am

Christ sake its only June. Not many teams have strengthened yet and we have made bids for a few players but were unfortunate not to get them. You will take any chance to have a dig at Malky for god knows why.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:42 am

I tell you why,to use your words to have a dig at Mackay,in my humble opinion,he is simply not good enough to be our manager,an opinion i have held from day one of his appointment,and your almost touching certainly that he was unlucky with some of his bids for players,again i come back to my point about dossiers,how much valuable time did he waste by compiling god knows how many page dossiers....your loyalty to Mackay is commendable young CjBluebird17 if slightly misguided

Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:43 am

I tell you why,to use your words to have a dig at Mackay,in my humble opinion,he is simply not good enough to be our manager,an opinion i have held from day one of his appointment,and your almost touching certainty that he was unlucky with some of his bids for players,again i come back to my point about dossiers,how much valuable time did he waste by compiling god knows how many page dossiers....your loyalty to Mackay is commendable young CjBluebird17 if slightly misguided

Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:49 am

angelis49 wrote:I tell you why,to use your words to have a dig at Mackay,in my humble opinion,he is simply not good enough to be our manager,an opinion i have held from day one of his appointment,and your almost touching certainly that he was unlucky with some of his bids for players,again i come back to my point about dossiers,how much valuable time did he waste by compiling god knows how many page dossiers....your loyalty to Mackay is commendable young CjBluebird17 if slightly misguided

Hardly misguided and loyalty. I gave him a year to see how he would do and he impressed me, he took us further than I expected. As for wasting time which cost us players I think is bollocks more likely we were outbidded or simply the other club had more to offer than ours. I think people forget sometimes that not every player wants to play for us. I actually think his idea of compiling dossiers is very good though can be detremental during small time frames such as the january transfer window. He's correct in forming a team of players who will suit each other not only on the football pitch but in the dressing room as well. Look at Bothroyd not many players were willing to take him back last year. A team performs better when it acts like a team not as individuals

Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:57 am

My dear CjBluebird17...you said and i quote a team performs better if they are not a team of individuals,so you prefer a team made up of robots who run around for 90 minutes like headless chickens,i will assume your young age is not helping you here,so i will be gentle with you............most games are won by a piece of individual,i repeat individual brilliance

Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:01 am

angelis49 wrote:My dear CjBluebird17...you said and i quote a team performs better if they are not a team of individuals,so you prefer a team made up of robots who run around for 90 minutes like headless chickens,i will assume your young age is not helping you here,so i will be gentle with you............most games are won by a piece of individual,i repeat individual brilliance

I never said a team cannot be made up with players who have talent and can produce "individual brilliance". However if they just acted as individuals and not as a coherent TEAM then they will not suceed at all. Look at leicster for christ sake, that just shows our team last season which was made up grafters who worked as a TEAM did much better than a team made up of INDIVIDUALS

Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:31 am

I understand your OP Angelis. Maybe it is a few weeks early.
The rebrand has killed any honeymoon period left for Malky.

Signings are needed NOW - just to calm things.

The more we here the Dossier stories - the more frustrated we get when we don't sign.

Malky is still learning but now he is right in the Fire.
A bit of experience and we would have had a pre contract with a quality player in the bag.

We need something out of this Eastern promise.

The club needs to get our Trust back.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:53 am

No serious transfer activity will take place until the Euros are over and the premier league do their business, if we don't make any moves after that....that's when I'll panic

Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:45 am

CjBluebird17 wrote:Christ sake its only June. Not many teams have strengthened yet and we have made bids for a few players but were unfortunate not to get them. You will take any chance to have a dig at Malky for god knows why.

Well put & well defended.
"haters be hating"

Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:02 am

You are too impatient - lets wait and see who we sign. Long live the dossiers rather than take on clowns like Jay Lloyd Samuel!

Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:55 pm

My dear mugsy would you not welcome a player of say Bothroyd ability and quality,because if you do,forget it he wouldn't get on page one of Mackays dossier

Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:08 pm

angelis49 wrote:My dear mugsy would you not welcome a player of say Bothroyd ability and quality,because if you do,forget it he wouldn't get on page one of Mackays dossier

Maybe not, but without a dossier we had panic signings such as JLS, Bywater, Kostantdropalot, Parkin, Taylor, Turnbull, Fowler, etc. And there are plenty more of that ilk.

The key is that most contracts are up on 30th June, plus that will also be round about the end of the Euros. The Prem clubs won't be trading until after the Euros so unless you want Malky to be trawling the depths of the 1st and 2nd division I would suggest you reserve judgement like me :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:36 pm

angelis49 wrote:My dear mugsy would you not welcome a player of say Bothroyd ability and quality,because if you do,forget it he wouldn't get on page one of Mackays dossier

Hi angelis49 - no i definately would not welcome Bothroyd back ( which I have made clear in many previous posts ). Went downhill rapidly after his 15 minutes of fame for England and for the bulk of the season could not get into a very poor QPR team.