Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"Ninian Stadium?"

Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:49 pm

i been a long term member of this forum without ever really contributing much but id like to change that. This is just a thought but most of us agree that our clubs ethos and heritage has been damaged with the recent rebranding. Cardiff city is in danger of having all of its roots forgotten in the not to distant future. In relation to our stadium, its name is as lazy and boring as our new badge but if VT and TG want to reassure that history still matters, how about naming our stadium something like Ninian Stadium? Ninian Park was a second home to many fans so to copy its exact name to the new stadium would be wrong, but in my opinion, and remember its is just an opinion, the Malaysians could do far worse than show a bit of respect to our heritage by naming the stadium in line with out history

Re: "Ninian Stadium?"

Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:54 pm

They should've called it that originally, but if they're going to re-name the ground then it would be for sponsor/financial purposes which will definitely happen eventually.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:56 pm

Wouldn't be too bad, anything is better than Cardiff City Stadium.

I would put money on it that some time in the next 12 months there will be plans for the stadium to be renamed 'The Berjaya Stadium' or 'The Cosway Stadium' :cry:

Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:56 pm

A big no for me, Ninian Park was Ninian Park and thats gone forever and wont be replaced.
We now have The Cardiff City Stadium which has to be the dullest in footballing history but PR said it was until they could get a sponsor and call it (example) "The Sony Cardiff City Stadium"

I really couldnt care less what the stadium is called, it will always be "down the City" to me so if we can get a sponsor to give us money then ideal .

Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:09 pm

The Ego Bowl

Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:12 pm

If they were to change it to something including Ninian I would mightly be happy with that. A slight difference imo. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:13 pm

After all that has happened in the last few weeks, I really wouldn't be surprised if they called it The Malaysia Stadium.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:19 pm

JonCCFC wrote:After all that has happened in the last few weeks, I really wouldn't be surprised if they called it The Malaysia Stadium.

I pray to god that never happens, just thought of watching the football league show and seeing 'The Malaysia Stadium'.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:20 pm

Think of the media coverage. They'll be creaming in their woks over it.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:27 pm

JonCCFC wrote:After all that has happened in the last few weeks, I really wouldn't be surprised if they called it The Malaysia Stadium.

That would be very sad indeed, a company name I have no objection to though even if it is one of Tans, I suppose ideally if its one of Tans as he can write off some of the loan for it.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:31 pm

The Mystery wrote:The Ego Bowl

:lol: Very good.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:43 am

It will be the Dragon Stadium, that way the Malaysians can introduce a new nickname without breaking any rules and without actually removing the old one. Over time everyone else will start calling us the Dragons

Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:08 am

The "Sam Hammam memorial stadium" :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:02 am

the canton stadiam?

Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:07 am

We are Cardiff City - we play at the Cardiff City Stadium - seems reasonable to me. ( Rather than playing at some sponsors named ground - eg the KitKat stadium! ).

Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:09 am

Should be the "Vaseline stadium" with how easily some fans bend over and take it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:10 am

mugsy wrote:We are Cardiff City - we play at the Cardiff City Stadium - seems reasonable to me. ( Rather than playing at some sponsors named ground - eg the KitKat stadium! ).

the ground will be renamed mate.if they can rebrand the, colours badge it,s a given the ground ,a ground with no history will be soon having a different title.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:25 am

The naming rights on the CCS was part of the severance package offered to SH in Oct 2006,,along with the title of life president.

The name of the new CCS was always an issue,,,even before the new stadium was built.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:12 pm

CAPITAL PARK - Jacks would hate it, English would hate it!

Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:20 pm

Lamboy88 wrote:CAPITAL PARK - Jacks would hate it, English would hate it!

don,t think the jacks would be bothered mate and as an englishman believe me it would not bother me in the slightest.