Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Down the club shop today , kids , red shirts

Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:51 pm

Called in today to have a look at the sale , the red shirt was on display on the dummy and it looks ok .
Keith cooper walked in with about 15 kids ( I'm guessing kc has some role with the club regarding youth ect ...)
These kids were so excited about being there , it was quite heartwarming , they were takeing pictures of eachother
By the shirt , it just struck me that these kids are the future of our club .whatever colour we play in didn't seem to matter to them .
Cardiff city supporters one and all .Made me happy anyway .

Re: Down the club shop today , kids , red shirts

Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:37 pm

good post :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:42 pm

princebluegaz wrote:Called in today to have a look at the sale , the red shirt was on display on the dummy and it looks ok .
Keith cooper walked in with about 15 kids ( I'm guessing kc has some role with the club regarding youth ect ...)
These kids were so excited about being there , it was quite heartwarming , they were takeing pictures of eachother
By the shirt , it just struck me that these kids are the future of our club .whatever colour we play in didn't seem to matter to them .

totally agree....they are the future.....they have no history....so i wonder if all the children you saw today were still going down the city in 30 years wearing the red shirt and the new "GREEK" owner says he wants to play in green...i wonder how many would protest... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:04 pm

very good point made
id much rather see young uns wearing a red city shirt than united,chelsea,liverpool etc :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:26 pm

I grew up following Liverpool. But the last 2 seasons i bought my boy who is 8 a season ticket. He represents Cardiffs future. Red or blue, hes not bothered.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:34 pm

princebluegaz wrote:Called in today to have a look at the sale , the red shirt was on display on the dummy and it looks ok .

Your so right. Great post
:ayatollah:

Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:35 pm

Thank god! A post which actually shows meaning, time and tike again ive said its about the new generation of cardiff not about us or the past generation! Seems to me the present generation are to selfish for change to happen for the new generation of cardiff city fans, its thier club aswell as ours, we are cardiff city fc and we will play for the club in ANY colour!

Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:42 pm

I can understand why kids would wear a red shirt.

I just don't understand those who have been City fans for years can even think about buying a red shirt, the fact that the rebrand hasn't bothered some people at all in any way makes me sad but I guess everyone's got a different opinion.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:53 pm

JonCCFC wrote:I can understand why kids would wear a red shirt.

I just don't understand those who have been City fans for years can even think about buying a red shirt, the fact that the rebrand hasn't bothered some people at all in any way makes me sad but I guess everyone's got a different opinion.

I think more people were on the fence on the matter and waiting to see what happened but because they weren't instantly pro blue they were attacked and pushed into a corner and once that happens people come out fighting (not literally) and then look to back up what they have said and show it. I think some of the pro blue people's poor aggressive attitude (minimal amount) have strengthened the resilience of some red posters.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:44 am

Absolutely bang on!!

Probably the best post I've read regarding the rebranding debate!

Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:10 am

Same old subject, but a great post. The future of our club are the kids, who walk into the club shop, who go to the games, and want to dress in red because their favourite players are dressed in red.
So how long do you think it will take before a Cardiff fan (who's against change), actually makes a comment toward one of the kids dressed in red, and maybe upsets him so much he never goes to another Cardiff game ?

What would be worse would be kids, who are forced fed blue by their elders to hate the reds, turning child fans against one and other? really its a form of racism , and the city of Cardiff as always been famous for being a multi national and friendly city toward all people of all origins. I remember when I was a kid in the 70's at Ninian Park , when racism was strong and vile. We used to say we are all Cardiff fans no matter what colour we are.

I think we all need to take a long hard look at ourselves pro change and anti change, we are CARDIFF CITY FANS and like it or not RED is here, but we are still BLUEBIRDS. Our season starts soon, so put this all behind us and move on together, stop this in fighting, and make some noise and support the boys. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:31 am

krabb wrote:

totally agree....they are the future.....they have no history....so i wonder if all the children you saw today were still going down the city in 30 years wearing the red shirt and the new "GREEK" owner says he wants to play in green...i wonder how many would protest... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

if you can see into the future, can i have the loto numbers for friday :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:50 am

The replies on my post have all been positive , which suggests we are thinking along the same lines.
Going forward with the club , our Capitol city and our kids !!

Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:05 pm

princebluegaz wrote:The replies on my post have all been positive , which suggests we are thinking along the same lines.
Going forward with the club , our Capitol city and our kids !!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D