Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Test for me

Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:15 pm

While I dont want red and I certainly dont want the badge I think the test for me will be the first game of the season against Huddersfield and the team come out wearing red.

I have no idea how I feel, I will keep supporting them but will it take something away? im not sure. I'll be honest and say I dont think the idea of us wearing a red kit at home has really set in and again it wont until I see it and then the heart will decided how strongly I feel on the matter.

For me though the change of the kit is much more of a problem than the badge change which the vast majority of us have seen before, although yes the new design is woeful and sadly looks even worse up close on the shirt :cry:

One thing is for sure though, im looking forward to the season with MM in charge and especially some of the away pre-season games :ayatollah:

Re: The Test for me

Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:21 pm

Its not the first home game for me, its the first home game we lose that will be the test.

My pent up frustration will surface, I don't want red and of course that monstrosity of a badge but my counterbalance is getting rid of Langston sorry saint Sam. If that hasn't happened...................... :oops: :oops: :boxing: :angryfire:

Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:22 pm

llan bluebird wrote: Its not the first home game for me, its the first home game we lose that will be the test.

My pent up frustration will surface, I don't want red and of course that monstrosity of a badge but my counterbalance is getting rid of Langston sorry saint Sam. If that hasn't happened...................... :oops: :oops: :boxing: :angryfire:

So the good news is we won't lose to Huddersfield ;) :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:25 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Its not the first home game for me, its the first home game we lose that will be the test.

We cat be blaming the players or manager for the kit though, I doubt they care what they play in as long as they are paid and paid well.

For me the point of the rebranding is to lose the debt more than sign players so if the Langston debt isnt paid then we are still in no mans land.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:26 pm

What about the Newcastle game , we'll be in red then . Can't wait.had enough of this silly season.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:27 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:Its not the first home game for me, its the first home game we lose that will be the test.

We cat be blaming the players or manager for the kit though, I doubt they care what they play in as long as they are paid and paid well.

For me the point of the rebranding is to lose the debt more than sign players so if the Langston debt isnt paid then we are still in no mans land.

So if Langston were paid off in full before the first game of the season, you would be more welcoming (or understanding) of us playing in red?

Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:28 pm

nojac wrote:What about the Newcastle game , we'll be in red then . Can't wait.had enough of this silly season.

I prob wont go to the newcastle game, I have limited days off for the next few months so id rather go to some away games like forest green and also Northampton in the cup

Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:44 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

So if Langston were paid off in full before the first game of the season, you would be more welcoming (or understanding) of us playing in red?

I literally do not know how I will feel until I see it. It wont stop me supporting them but will it be the same? I dont know.
I suppose what im trying to say is the main positive thing for me from this rebranding would be the equity swap and the debts reduced which we all understand can only happen with Langston gone.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:46 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

No..... I feel like a prostitute, but if I need to feed my family and its my only option then so be it, but if some tw*t skips paying me I will want to fill him in....

Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:48 pm

Going on last season our new home kit is identical to the kit they wore in the CC tie, so presumably they will be the forst team to play in blue against us.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:08 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

I literally do not know how I will feel until I see it. It wont stop me supporting them but will it be the same? I dont know.
I suppose what im trying to say is the main positive thing for me from this rebranding would be the equity swap and the debts reduced which we all understand can only happen with Langston gone.

you have just summed up how i feel..

Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:21 pm

2blue2handle wrote:While I dont want red and I certainly dont want the badge I think the test for me will be the first game of the season against Huddersfield and the team come out wearing red.

I have no idea how I feel, I will keep supporting them but will it take something away? im not sure. I'll be honest and say I dont think the idea of us wearing a red kit at home has really set in and again it wont until I see it and then the heart will decided how strongly I feel on the matter.

For me though the change of the kit is much more of a problem than the badge change which the vast majority of us have seen before, although yes the new design is woeful and sadly looks even worse up close on the shirt :cry:

One thing is for sure though, im looking forward to the season with MM in charge and especially some of the away pre-season games :ayatollah:

I agree about the badge.What is most annoying to me is that the red dragon emblem has now been forced upon us and directly underneath it they have put est 1899 which is laying claim to our proud history. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:22 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:While I dont want red and I certainly dont want the badge I think the test for me will be the first game of the season against Huddersfield and the team come out wearing red.

I agree about the badge.What is most annoying to me is that the red dragon emblem has now been forced upon us and directly underneath it they have put est 1899 which is laying claim to our proud history. :ayatollah:

Never actually ever thought of it like that.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:18 am

Of everything that has been written regarding the colour change this is the closest to describing how I feel. I'm pro investment but watching the City run out in Red will be so alien to me I have been unsure how I will respond.

I have decided to do the same as I did when we left Ninian Park, I remember after the last game stopping in Sloper Road and looking back at the ground. I felt terrible almost grieving for the loss of something so important to my life and I decided, at that moment, to look to my right at the new stadium and make a promise. To embrace the new stadium and everything is stood for.

That's what I will do with the Red shirt and maybe as the games go by it will become easier. Who knows if it will work.

Great post.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: