Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Red Shirts / I'am a Plactic

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:44 pm

I would just like to notify you all that i will be wearing a red shirt to the first home game of the season. I will also have on the back of it "Plastic 1".

I'am a plastic, i don't have the time to come and watch every game every week, i think i seen about 15 home games last year and about 8 away games.

I don't love the fact that we have had our colours changed, but i like it, i like the fact that our club isn't going to follow in the footsteps of Portsmouth, Bradford, Wimbledon, Plymouth, Coventry, Preston, and Luton (There may be more that have fallen). Luton Dropped from playing in the Championship to the Conference! How many fans would we have if we dropped down the leagues? Would we be able to survive without the investment? NOOOOOOO don't be sooo f**king stupid!

We can all celebrate our fantastic heritage the glorious title winning sides (Zero) and all the cups we have one (Just 1!).

Would you rather see us successful and be playing and competing with some of the biggest clubs in the world or playing down in the league 2 with all the other broke teams around?

We are still carrying the Bluebird after all its still on our shirts!

i couldn't give 2 f**ks whether we play in red, blue, pink, brown, orange, yellow, or black, its still CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB, we still have our bluebird on our chest and lets wear it with pride!!

I'm a Bluebird and always will be! but i'm wearing red next year!

Bluebirds :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Red Shirts / I'am a Plactic

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:56 pm

every one is entitled to agree or disagree, but i dont see the point in having plastic 1 written on the back of your shirt??

you can be pro blue, pro red or happy to sit on the fence, doesnt make either fan a plastic...

yes we are all cardiff city, and if usain bolt changed his trainers from nike to adidas he would still be usain bolt, but it wouldnt make him run any faster or more marketable.

the point is , some see the change of colour as pointless, some see it as stamping over a long tradition.. every fan wants the best for the club and every true fan is happy that they are prepared to put in the investment... but changing the kit and badge is not going to do anything other than create a pr stunt. and get everyone talking about cardiff city, which has worked..

Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:07 pm

Bang f*cking on!!
Well said that man!

Couldn't agree with you more Gav!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:25 pm

What chance have we got when we got people like you supporting the changes i bet you voted for the poll tax years ago aswell idiot

Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:08 pm

"Would you rather see us successful and be playing and competing with some of the biggest clubs in the world or playing down in the league 2 with all the other broke teams around?"

I don't know why people are buying into this random bullshit that we're now guaranteed to be in the Premier League straight after next season. Leicester were loaded last season and they didn't even make the play offs. Success isn't everything! I'd honestly rather be in League Two in blue, I bet you wouldn't even turn up if we were down there.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:18 pm

JonCCFC wrote:"Would you rather see us successful and be playing and competing with some of the biggest clubs in the world or playing down in the league 2 with all the other broke teams around?"

I don't know why people are buying into this random bullshit that we're now guaranteed to be in the Premier League straight after next season. Leicester were loaded last season and they didn't even make the play offs. Success isn't everything! I'd honestly rather be in League Two in blue, I bet you wouldn't even turn up if we were down there.

if city were relegated because of bad form thats different but wouldnt get season ticket as 2k is far to much even for me having supported them for 40yrs, will watch on match basis depends on form,. but if playing there because of admin due to backlash from anti vt supporters, well def not watching cannot justify cost or time on that basis,

Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:20 pm

I'll be wearing my new retro Riverside FC Jersey......at least then I would feel I am a true fan and surrounded by plastics in red and blue.

:ayatollah:

Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:26 pm

azz_ccfc wrote:I'll be wearing my new retro Riverside FC Jersey......at least then I would feel I am a true fan and surrounded by plastics in red and blue.

:ayatollah:

bring riverside fc back :lol:

Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:49 pm

i think a lot of us who are against it totally dont accept its div 2 or prem.

why do we have to re-brand to red ( other than VT says so ) what is the details put forward that it will bring the extra revenue ?.
has any one heard what the business plan is to bring in extra revenue ?.

why could we not play in blue at home red away and brand the away kit in malaysia ?.

whats plan B if the red kit dont work for VT.

and as a successful business man is that the best badge he could come up with .

first home game we play in red 1000's in blue and singing bluebirds .

people are entitled to the choice on red or blue, i will never were red and it feels that the club
i started supporting over 35 years ago is no longer the same club.

and if we do get to prem will most fans be able to go if we get same prices as man u ,
50 cheapest seat no kids prices, if you get st you have to buy fa/leage/euro cup tickets even if you dont want .

as one liverpool fan in south wales said i am a plastic supporting a proper club you a proper fan supporting a plastic club and thats how i feel at the moment.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:53 pm

keano wrote:What chance have we got when we got people like you supporting the changes i bet you voted for the poll tax years ago aswell idiot

Respect his opinion you idiot, at least he has something constructive to say, it was a good post.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:08 pm

JonCCFC wrote:"Would you rather see us successful and be playing and competing with some of the biggest clubs in the world or playing down in the league 2 with all the other broke teams around?"

your avatar is cool just remember without VT that would not have happened?

Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:12 pm

Bobbanker89 wrote:

your avatar is cool just remember without VT that would not have happened?

So?

Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:30 pm

keano wrote:What chance have we got when we got people like you supporting the changes i bet you voted for the poll tax years ago aswell idiot

what was wrong with the poll tax? :lol: ;)

Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:38 pm

Don't want the changes but I will be buying the home shirt like I do every year, at least this year the changes are noticeable. ;)

Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:28 pm

gavlaa88 wrote:I would just like to notify you all that i will be wearing a red shirt to the first home game of the season. I will also have on the back of it "Plastic 1".

I'am a plastic, i don't have the time to come and watch every game every week, i think i seen about 15 home games last year and about 8 away games.

I don't love the fact that we have had our colours changed, but i like it, i like the fact that our club isn't going to follow in the footsteps of Portsmouth, Bradford, Wimbledon, Plymouth, Coventry, Preston, and Luton (There may be more that have fallen). Luton Dropped from playing in the Championship to the Conference! How many fans would we have if we dropped down the leagues? Would we be able to survive without the investment? NOOOOOOO don't be sooo f**king stupid!

We can all celebrate our fantastic heritage the glorious title winning sides (Zero) and all the cups we have one (Just 1!).

Would you rather see us successful and be playing and competing with some of the biggest clubs in the world or playing down in the league 2 with all the other broke teams around?

We are still carrying the Bluebird after all its still on our shirts!

i couldn't give 2 f**ks whether we play in red, blue, pink, brown, orange, yellow, or black, its still CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB, we still have our bluebird on our chest and lets wear it with pride!!

I'm a Bluebird and always will be! but i'm wearing red next year!

Bluebirds :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

You have my total respect and i have to say what a genuine and sensible thread i to am going to wear the red of MY beloved Cardiff City yes Cardiff City not the Bluebirds MYTeam is from MY place of birth which gives me great pride and the origins of MY Club was evolved from a rubbish tip in MY City, MY Club was not born out of a f*cking feathered bird that is not even Blue and which came along a long time after MY Club Was formed so all you idiots that harp on about the so called Bluebirds you need to learn a thing or two about providence and what was the catalyst of Cardiff City football Club and not a Bird that has never ever been seen anywhere in our City this past century ,so i would not be bothered if MY team turned up wearing a Pink and Green strip and i wonder how many sycophants would be bawling if we were nicknamed after another Bird ... the Bluetits ??,so get a grip get a life and do something constructive to suupport MINE and yours local Football Club .