Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HOW MUCH IS ACTUALLY AVAILABLE FOR TRANSFER FEES??

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:41 pm

There been alot of talk about what the transfer budget is, 15mil, 25mil, 5mil....

but taking out wages, signing on fees, agent fee etc...

does anybody actually know what amount has been allocated for malky to use as transfer fees??

Re: HOW MUCH IS ACTUALLY AVAILABLE FOR TRANSFER FEES??

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:43 pm

Thankfully only Malky and board know, we can only speculate. Just how it should be

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:43 pm

I wouldnt think he has a specific budget just for transfer fee's, he will be given his budget and allowed to use it as he sees fit.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:44 pm

its being kept hush hush so clubs dont drive up the prices on the players , as long as malky knows im happy with that :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:46 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I wouldnt think he has a specific budget just for transfer fee's, he will be given his budget and allowed to use it as he sees fit.

fair enough....

so in that case is the budget any different to the last couple of years?

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:50 pm

Does'nt really matter, by the time he completes his "dossier" the season will be over!

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I wouldnt think he has a specific budget just for transfer fee's, he will be given his budget and allowed to use it as he sees fit.

fair enough....

so in that case is the budget any different to the last couple of years?

I have no idea on front, from what has been said I would guess yes.

I would just think its the case every year where they have a general budget rather than one just for transfer fees.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:10 pm

Last season it was reported that we had a 20m 'war chest'. In :ayatollah: fact the transfer outgoings were very similar to the incomings, therefore very little was spent on transfers. Clearly there is plenty of speculation as to what the budget is this year with the perception being that it is a large amount of money. I suppose time will tell with the players Malky brings in/does not bring in.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:36 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:There been alot of talk about what the transfer budget is, 15mil, 25mil, 5mil....

but taking out wages, signing on fees, agent fee etc...

does anybody actually know what amount has been allocated for malky to use as transfer fees??

Like you say a few figures have been thrown about but im just sitting back and waiting to see what happens :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:36 pm

£4.59 and a bag of Oranges.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:31 pm

Gavlar wrote:Thankfully only Malky and board know, we can only speculate. Just how it should be

^^^^^^^^^^^this

Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:37 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Last season it was reported that we had a 20m 'war chest'. In :ayatollah: fact the transfer outgoings were very similar to the incomings, therefore very little was spent on transfers. Clearly there is plenty of speculation as to what the budget is this year with the perception being that it is a large amount of money. I suppose time will tell with the players Malky brings in/does not bring in.

I'm sure that it was reported as being a £20m budget.

However, your point is the reports were ambigous giving the impression of a £20m transfer budget when in reality it was just what the club generated any way.

I think there is extra transfer/wages monies this time, but it could be anything from a couple of million to 15m.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:45 pm

Just on transfer fees, my guess is £5m-£10m max but others suggest it may be as high as £15m. I can't get those calculations to work though.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:20 pm

I think it could be anywhere between £13million and £15million, only my guess though ;)

Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:37 pm

Is it possible a lot of our targets have been lined up already and we are waiting for these players to return from holidays to sign on the dotted line ?

Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:48 pm

Bobby Gee wrote:Is it possible a lot of our targets have been lined up already and we are waiting for these players to return from holidays to sign on the dotted line ?

MM said in an interview that he will have to wait for the prem clubs to sign players before they will let others move on.

Also I dont think the transfer window is open yet

Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:52 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Bobby Gee wrote:Is it possible a lot of our targets have been lined up already and we are waiting for these players to return from holidays to sign on the dotted line ?

MM said in an interview that he will have to wait for the prem clubs to sign players before they will let others move on.

Except we've already signed Joe Lewis so it must be possible to sign players already

Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:53 pm

bspark wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Except we've already signed Joe Lewis so it must be possible to sign players already

On a free, if he is unattached it isn't a transfer from one club to another.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:55 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
bspark wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Don't contracts normally run until the end of June?

Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:51 pm

bspark wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
bspark wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

I don't know do they??? but I can't see it being a problem (if true) for a club and player agreeing to mutually terminate a contract for the sake of a month. Player still gets his wage and the original club save a months pay.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:52 pm

bspark wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
bspark wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Precontract agreement.

He's signed a deal to join us once his contract has expired.

They can only be done within a month of the contract's expiry date for domestic players.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:17 pm

players can sign a pre contract agreement , and join their new club from the 1st of july.. hense some of the deals already done...

im sure malky has a list of targets, sigurdsson must have been a target as im sure we were keeping tabs on his progress last yr...

i just hope we can get some signings in for a full pre season, rather than players joining at the end of august and behind in terms of fitness etc.. with other players..

Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:24 pm

Id rather it asnt leaked or we find out. Prefer it that way. :ayatollah: