Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Vincent Tans PR Stunt

Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:56 pm

Dont be taken in by VT's PR stunt with Mourinho and dont let it distract you from the fact that this man is ripping the heart and soul out Cardiff City because it's his preference to do so and he can,irrespective of how insulting it is to generations of City supporters who have stuck by this club through thick and thin.
This man only knows business he does not realise that football clubs are more than that and if the only way to get his attention is to affect his business i.e. boycott of club shop and food and drink outlets at CCS then so be it,something has to be done.

Re: Vincent Tans PR Stunt

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:01 pm

Gazza wrote:Dont be taken in by VT's PR stunt with Mourinho and dont let it distract you from the fact that this man is ripping the heart and soul out Cardiff City because it's his preference to do so and he can,irrespective of how insulting it is to generations of City supporters who have stuck by this club through thick and thin.
This man only knows business he does not realise that football clubs are more than that and if the only way to get his attention is to affect his business i.e. boycott of club shop and food and drink outlets at CCS then so be it,something has to be done.

You wanna go watch lower league football again do you with shit crowds?

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:07 pm

Gazza, obviously I don't know who you are, but I'll treat you as a life long supporter since the 80's for arguments sake.

These anti Tan posts are insane, he is bank rolling the club you have watched for years and single handily keeping as away from administration and the points deductions and relegations that go hand in hand with that.
No matter how much spin you put on it, Tan is creating something big at Cardiff and despite how much it hurts you, surely it's better than the dungeon days in division 4? It pains every fan that we will be in red next season, I honestly don't think boycotting the club will do anything positive in your respect, because as Tan spends a new breed of fan will take the seat that is rightfully yours, someone who has earned that seat through years of support!
Don't make hasty decisions you may one day regret.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:13 pm

i keep asking myself the same question, after reading peoples view on red and blue.

would i rather be in a rangers fans postion or cardiff city fans postion?

in a few years if rangers go under there isnt going be any talk of there history, just the fact they are history.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:44 pm

Xplosiv3 wrote:i keep asking myself the same question, after reading peoples view on red and blue.

in a few years if rangers go under there isnt going be any talk of there history, just the fact they are history.

Or the fact come August they will be back in the SPL under a slightly different company name, still knows as "Rangers" and playing at Ibrox.

Ill take the Rangers position please.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:46 pm

lol Rangers

literally lost a rivalry. the joke of Scottish football. No thanks.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:49 pm

Gazza wrote:Dont be taken in by VT's PR stunt with Mourinho and dont let it distract you from the fact that this man is ripping the heart and soul out Cardiff City because it's his preference to do so and he can,irrespective of how insulting it is to generations of City supporters who have stuck by this club through thick and thin.

So you think VT plan was to get a picture with Mourinho and that would stop some of our fans moaning? really? how?

You can try and boycott the shops and the food outlets but it wont happen.
People tried a protest at the prices with everyone saying they wouldnt buy food or drink again.....the queues were as long as ever the next game - besided they are owned by compass anyway thanks to PR.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:57 pm

Meh!!!! Blah!!! Urgh!!! Brap.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:14 pm

It wasn't Tan's PR stunt, it was Peter Lim's. VT was there as a friend of Lim and Mourinho kindly agreed to give Tan a photo and autograph.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:27 pm

It's our mistaken belief that football is not a business which gets many a club into difficulties. You only have to ask the supporters of Rangers, Pompey and Darlington that question.

The fact is football is a business and it needs to run on a business footing to survive.

Indeed, if anyone is in any doubt, you only have to look at the Inland Revenues position in that they do not consider fan bases or affect on local community when collecting money.

Times are not changing anymore. Times HAVE changed and we need to run CCFC like a profitable business

Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:56 pm

CP76 wrote:
Xplosiv3 wrote:i keep asking myself the same question, after reading peoples view on red and blue.

Or the fact come August they will be back in the SPL under a slightly different company name, still knows as "Rangers" and playing at Ibrox.

What a load of tripe. We have fans moaning about so called rebranding which is nothing much more than a badge change.
Now your saying you would be happy being called cardiff fc or similar??
To me thats worse :roll:

Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:57 pm

Spot on Jinks, not a very well thought out reply from cp76 at all

Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:40 pm

Some Simple questions Gaza. When did you hold a discussion with VT to determine all of the above? Where did you get this information?

Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:31 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
CP76 wrote:

What a load of tripe. We have fans moaning about so called rebranding which is nothing much more than a badge change.
Now your saying you would be happy being called cardiff fc or similar??
To me thats worse :roll:

Its all in the small print. Changing it from Rangers FC plc to Rangers FC ltd.

Id rather be called Cardiff City Bluebirds FC than change to red, stadium red.etc

Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:33 pm

If we changed our name or formed a new company that would be it for me.

How can people complain about the history of the club being lost then be happy to form a new club that would have no history?

Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:35 pm

2blue2handle wrote:If we changed our name or formed a new company that would be it for me.

How can people complain about the history of the club being lost then be happy to form a new club that would have no history?

It keeps our identity more than this red and black spin of a roullette wheel bullshit

Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:40 pm

CP76 wrote:

and there history?? they wont have one! funny isnt that the arguement agains vt?

Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:45 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
CP76 wrote:

and there history?? they wont have one! funny isnt that the arguement agains vt?

their not there

Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:52 pm

CP76 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:If we changed our name or formed a new company that would be it for me.

It keeps our identity more than this red and black spin of a roullette wheel bullshit

what crap you speak? identity is the name of club not the colour! if call club cardiff city plc its not cardiff city fc simple as that
same as playing away in red! its the club name you supporting not colour

Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:55 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
CP76 wrote:

what crap you speak? identity is the name of club not the colour! if call club cardiff city plc its not cardiff city fc simple as that

Bullshit.

We are Cardiff City. We are the Bluebirds. We are blue.

Thats how I identify us.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:02 pm

CP76 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
CP76 wrote:

Bullshit.

We are Cardiff City. We are the Bluebirds. We are blue.

Thats how I identify us.

thats you!!! we are all entitled to our opinions but you cannot get away from fact that we support the team called cardiff city whatever colour we play in?? or do you support a different team when we play in white ect ect??

Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:06 pm

"We are all entitled to our opinions"

Try following your own advice Alyn before saying im talking crap just because my opinion isnt the same as yours. :roll:

Inbred tw*t

Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:24 pm

Every time a mug is taken in by VT's lies, he does this little dance:

Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:29 pm

CP76 wrote:"We are all entitled to our opinions"

Try following your own advice Alyn before saying im talking crap just because my opinion isnt the same as yours. :roll:

Inbred tw*t

actually name calling shows lack of respect for peoples opinion! whatever they are! and thought inbred bit was aimed at swans fans?> i am st holder in premier stand so make sure you know who you call inbred before saying it plonker!!!

and it is fact we support team called cardiff city! not the blue shirt as dont always play in blue do we???

Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:31 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Inbred tw*t

actually name calling shows lack of respect for peoples opinion! whatever they are! and thought inbred bit was aimed at swans fans?> i am st holder in premier stand so make sure you know who you call inbred before saying it plonker!!!

I dont care where you sit youre still a tw*t

Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:32 pm

CP76 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Inbred tw*t

:lol: takes one to know one doesnt it?????

and you cannot argue against what i said about team as its true unless you dont support city!

Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:42 pm

You're all full of shit! Stop crying!! :cry:

Cardiff is Red! :lol:

:crazy:

Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:48 pm

Merlin wrote:You're all full of shit! Stop crying!! :cry:

Cardiff is Red! :lol:

:crazy:

:lol: it is but try telling cp76 hes colour blind! only sees blue when he watches city away in black!! as dooesnt support the name onlly blue colour!!!! :lol:

Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:48 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
CP76 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Inbred tw*t

and you cannot argue against what i said about team as its true unless you dont support city!

Alwyn, having just read on anothet thread that you trying to claim weve only been playing in blue for 50 years I cannot take anything you have to say on the Bluebirds seriously.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:51 pm

CP76 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
CP76 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Inbred tw*t

Alwyn, having just read on anothet thread that you trying to claim weve only been playing in blue for 50 years I cannot take anything you have to say on the Bluebirds seriously.

well look at our history played in different colour when formed, also believe sky blue was another colour until settled on royal blue around sixties been qouted on here many times! see more factual things you dont admit to!