Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: KEEP CARDIFF BLUE

Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:17 pm

Why the Hell has this thread degenerated into another 'Red versus Blue' argument again?.....

It's simple, if you don't agree with those of us who don't want to go along with the arse raping of our once proud history, then don't click on the web page link and don't join the cause, and don't read the bloody threads that are opposed to it....

And really..... Do any of you honestly think by calling us 'idiots', 'morons', telling us that our opinions matter not one iota, or my personal favourite, by trying to use scaremonger tactics in telling us that we are going to frighten away the Malaysians and destroy the club leaving us with crowds of only a few thousand again (which personally I only have happy memories of those days stood on the Bob Bank), then you are seriously deluded... so carry on name calling as I personally, will NEVER give up the fight until our proud club is returned once again to playing in its historical blue, and once again has a bluebird sitting PROUDLY on a badge we can be proud of... not some crappy beer mat I wouldn't even put my pint on....

Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:33 pm

Andy1927 wrote:Why the Hell has this thread degenerated into another 'Red versus Blue' argument again?.....

It's simple, if you don't agree with those of us who don't want to go along with the arse raping of our once proud history, then don't click on the web page link and don't join the cause, and don't read the bloody threads that are opposed to it....

And really..... Do any of you honestly think by calling us 'idiots', 'morons', telling us that our opinions matter not one iota, or my personal favourite, by trying to use scaremonger tactics in telling us that we are going to frighten away the Malaysians and destroy the club leaving us with crowds of only a few thousand again (which personally I only have happy memories of those days stood on the Bob Bank), then you are seriously deluded... so carry on name calling as I personally, will NEVER give up the fight until our proud club is returned once again to playing in its historical blue, and once again has a bluebird sitting PROUDLY on a badge we can be proud of... not some crappy beer mat I wouldn't even put my pint on....

GOOD SHOUT MATE - http://www.keepcardiffblue.co.uk/ :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:12 pm

Andy1927 wrote:Why the Hell has this thread degenerated into another 'Red versus Blue' argument again?.....

Too right.
I love the "it is just a colour" argument. It is like saying she is just my wife, you can shage her for a pie and a pint.
Red. For fucks sake. I have a cardiff tattoo. I don't want to support a red team. man Utd are red. Bristol city are red. Yuk!

Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:14 pm

A great post we will not be rolled over with that spirit fantastic :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Blue Army Blue Army

Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:35 pm

Blue army! Blue army! Blue army! Blue army! Blue army! Blooooooooobirds! Blooooooooobirds! Blooooooooobirds! Blooooooooobirds!

Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:16 pm

Hit the nail on the head there mate. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:10 pm

Proud to be a part of this group :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:28 pm

proud to be part of a group that wants to destroy the future of our club because you cant handle change. jog on... its selfish talk reminising on the good old days only having a few thousand fans watching shite 3rd division football. .... that is your past, the future is a cosmopolitan city with a premiership club - you enjoyed the good old days which are no more, football has moved on and fighting to keep a mediocre side as opposed to a business module providing a premiership football in a fantastic arena is farsicle. nobody will pat you on the back for thrusting your fist inthe air for a blue shirt. its getting really boring now.... if you dont like it, just go to away games and support the boys in blue then. Its funny, cos when I was a palace, forest, yeovil, millwall, west ham, boro last season when we were wearing black and yellow....we were all shouting..."BLUEBIRDS"! its in the heart, not the shirt.

Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:18 pm

bobbankbandit wrote:proud to be part of a group that wants to destroy the future of our club because you cant handle change. jog on... its selfish talk reminising on the good old days only having a few thousand fans watching shite 3rd division football. .... that is your past, the future is a cosmopolitan city with a premiership club - you enjoyed the good old days which are no more, football has moved on and fighting to keep a mediocre side as opposed to a business module providing a premiership football in a fantastic arena is farsicle. nobody will pat you on the back for thrusting your fist inthe air for a blue shirt. its getting really boring now.... if you dont like it, just go to away games and support the boys in blue then. Its funny, cos when I was a palace, forest, yeovil, millwall, west ham, boro last season when we were wearing black and yellow....we were all shouting..."BLUEBIRDS"! its in the heart, not the shirt.

Thanks for telling me to 'Jog on', as you so eloquently put it.... But if it's all the same to you I won't, and instead will voice my discontent at the destruction of our history in any way I feel necessary... and if you don't like that the you can.... you guessed it.... JOG ON :lol:

Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:12 am

This is my whole point. After some exceptionally valid points raised in my thread the one point you pick up on is my comment to "jog on", a defensive mechanism picking out the bits you want in a tunnel visioned view shared by a handful of city fans. I would really appreciate you providing comment on my points raised. Or we could go for a jog together and discuss it ! :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:10 am

WILL NEED A FOOKING AMBULANCE IF I WAS TO JOIN YOU TWO JOGGING ON :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:28 am

Football has, for me anyway, never been about purely seeking that golden light at the end of the tunnel, watching the City was never about success, it was about spending a Saturday afternoon, or Tuesday evening, with like minded people who had found something they could unite behind, something they had a combined passion for.

Stood on the Bob Bank, watching the 'shite 3rd division' football, as you put it, was about more than just what was going on on the pitch, it was about feeling like I belonged to something special, especially in the rugby mad South Wales valleys of the 70's and 80's, and with that sense of belonging came an identity, a BLUE identity, and an emblem we could call our own... the BLUEBIRD.... If I'd have wanted to follow something purely for success and glory then I'd have continued to support Man Utd, as I had done as a small child, but once my father introduced me to the Bluebirds that was never going to happen as I finally felt a part of something special, something Blue....

So if all it means to you is purely following a 'cosmopolitan' club in the dizzy heights of the Premiership, then may I suggest you travel a few miles down the M4 as apparently they already have a team purpose made for your requirements, and if they are not to your taste as they play in the wrong colour, then I believe there are a bevy of teams in the north west who play in red that may also be able to fill your needs..... but I'm sorry, football is far more than just glory hunting for me... it is about belonging and camaraderie, with a shared identity that stood proud and true long before I was even born, and will hopefully stand long after I'm gone, so all I can say is KEEP CARDIFF BLUE!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:46 pm

Don't support your campaign but respect your right to express your views.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:17 am

norfolkblue wrote:Don't support your campaign but respect your right to express your views.

And will you be travelling from Norfolk in your red shirt next season?

Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:28 am

dazzyt wrote:
norfolkblue wrote:Don't support your campaign but respect your right to express your views.

I think the aggressive attitude is what is lose support daily, because he doesn't support you he is instantly a "red top" person.
It's the same with so many threads, people try to twist things they don't need to and in the process alienate fans.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:44 am

2blue2handle wrote:
dazzyt wrote:

I think the aggressive attitude is what is lose support daily, because he doesn't support you he is instantly a "red top" person.
It's the same with so many threads, people try to twist things they don't need to and in the process alienate fans.

How is asking if he will be wearing a red shirt aggressive,I have never been and never will be aggressive to anyone who has an opinion I think you are the one twisting things mate. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:31 pm

Appreciate your view but it isnt about the dizzy heights of the premiership for me, its about recognising the hurt I felt at the playoff final, wanting the best for my club and reaching the apitimy of the beautiful game in the best league in the world. Yes I want that for my club. I dont dispute great memories you have watching city in the 3rd division, but football has moved on and it appears (without having a personal dig at you) that you dont want to move on with it. Ive done my fair share of undertstanding what supporting city is about, many years ago also, but staying stagnant and rotting with a mediocre side and sliding the divisions for the sake of wearing blue, (which we are for the same amount of games next season anyway) just doesnt sit right with me.

DOnt you want the best for the club you love? or are you really prepared to sacrafice it all for a blue shirt?

Ps.I only go to the liberty in the away end - thanks for the advice though ! :roll: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:03 pm

bobbankbandit wrote:Appreciate your view but it isnt about the dizzy heights of the premiership for me, its about recognising the hurt I felt at the playoff final, wanting the best for my club and reaching the apitimy of the beautiful game in the best league in the world. Yes I want that for my club. I dont dispute great memories you have watching city in the 3rd division, but football has moved on and it appears (without having a personal dig at you) that you dont want to move on with it. Ive done my fair share of undertstanding what supporting city is about, many years ago also, but staying stagnant and rotting with a mediocre side and sliding the divisions for the sake of wearing blue, (which we are for the same amount of games next season anyway) just doesnt sit right with me.

DOnt you want the best for the club you love? or are you really prepared to sacrafice it all for a blue shirt?

Ps.I only go to the liberty in the away end - thanks for the advice though ! :roll: :ayatollah:

Bob I am not sure if this is intended for me but I will say one thing..........If it is meant for me I say to you - I am a modern man who is happy in the modern age,I work with young people helping them achieve their goals and hoping they can move forward,I understand completely the current situation and I state my feelings with my eyes wide open and a complete understanding of what is going on around me,at no point in my life have I judged young people when they tell a small fib or exaggerate something very small, actually! I try to understand why they have told this small lie and usually it is for attention,I am not a dull man but I make mistakes and I like to think I have integrity and honesty and if I say I will do something it will get done,if I am wrong I will admit I am wrong,fortunately the young people who tell the little fib can learn by that mistake and hopefully move on,move on being the vital phrase here........A statement was made only a few weeks ago stating we would be playing in blue next season and the badge remains which was a bare faced public lie,I ask you something - If your wife,brother,sister,friend or anyone else who is close to your heart lied to you could you trust their later actions????????????????????????????????????????????????
I want what's best for my club and all around me but once a liar always a liar,the trust has gone and I tell you and others who trust these people it will be something you regret because you believed a liar and the future of this great club is now on your shoulders. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: