Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: KEEP CARDIFF BLUE

Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:37 pm

CP76 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
CP76 wrote:You should be in the Olympics with that back stroke Dai

Do you read posts or see words and rearrange them to be whatever you want to see?

Whats the matter Gumbo realised youve been played and now want to cross back over the divide?

After Gwyn you have been the most vocal pro-rebrand poster on here.

Really? Selective reading. If you read what I said I'm not backtracking. Given the choice of the investment and stay as we are or go red then of course it's the former. But given that it was the investment only if we change then I'm still 100% for the new kit. I don't agree with any protest or campaign that would put the Malaysian interest in doubt but if there was a chance we could keep the 100m and go back to blue then it's all good.

Sorry if bringing a sensible argument goes against your constant thirst for drama and name calling

Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:54 pm

You have tried to belittle those who dont want to change for weeks now, with accusations they dont understand business.etc eyc

Yet here you are wanting to peacfully protest and stay blue?

Why the sudden change? Hmmmm. Nothing to do with the fact youve finally realised its all whimsical superstition? Hmmm

Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:03 pm

CP76 wrote:You have tried to belittle those who dont want to change for weeks now, with accusations they dont understand business.etc eyc

Why the sudden change? Hmmmm. Nothing to do with the fact youve finally realised its all whimsical superstition? Hmmm

Fighting fire with fire as some of the vitriol being spouted by the 'anti reds' has been pathetic. I'm open to a constructive debate. And yes some of the rubbish posted has completely ignored any basic business knowledge but then some don't want to hear that and would rather pretend all will be well without the Malaysian cash
So yet again, it's not a change. I'm still all for red unless VT is prepared to back the club in exactly the same way as he plans to now. As that's not going to happen then I'll still be a Cardiff city fan watching my team in a red shirt. What about you? No longer a fan or sticking with it but under protest?

Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:23 pm

099 sound system wrote:
Tommy Gun wrote:
099 sound system wrote:Yeah, lets go back to 4000 crowds at Ninian Park, and sing 'In the Swansea slums' again. Yep the way forward :?

I'd rather that than watch my team walk out in Red.....

Well then lets look forward to playing Rhyl, in blue in front of 150 fans. :twisted:

What pathetic scaremongering. Its comments like that which make me more determined to support this campaign.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:30 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
099 sound system wrote:
Tommy Gun wrote:
099 sound system wrote:Yeah, lets go back to 4000 crowds at Ninian Park, and sing 'In the Swansea slums' again. Yep the way forward :?

I'd rather that than watch my team walk out in Red.....

Well then lets look forward to playing Rhyl, in blue in front of 150 fans. :twisted:

What pathetic scaremongering. Its comments like that which make me more determined to support this campaign.

If its a genuine opinion then it's valid surely and cant just be dismissed as scaremongering? Anyway what scares me more is the attitude from some that they are quite prepared for it to happen as long as we play in blue

Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:30 pm

CP76 wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:

is anybody forcing u to join?

Craig when did you jump bandwagons :?

It doesn't matter when or what,Craig has made a decision and in my eyes the right decision and he is a brother of blue in my eyes...............he sees through the imaginary dangled carrot. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:33 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:So what is the strategy you are looking to employ? I'm all for a campaign but not if it puts the future of the Club in jeopardy. Be good to make an informed decision

It will be in the form of peaceful protests and hopefully lobbying the club with a view to get the colour back to blue. The group is NOT anti-malaysian just against the re-brand.

We realise the malaysians rescued us and are thankful for that but I dont believe they realised what they were doing when going ahead with the re-brand.

good post mate

Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:34 pm

:lol: :roll:
Carpe Diem wrote:
CP76 wrote:You have tried to belittle those who dont want to change for weeks now, with accusations they dont understand business.etc eyc

Fighting fire with fire as some of the vitriol being spouted by the 'anti reds' has been pathetic. I'm open to a constructive debate. And yes some of the rubbish posted has completely ignored any basic business knowledge but then some don't want to hear that and would rather pretend all will be well without the Malaysian cash
So yet again, it's not a change. I'm still all for red unless VT is prepared to back the club in exactly the same way as he plans to now. As that's not going to happen then I'll still be a Cardiff city fan watching my team in a red shirt. What about you? No longer a fan or sticking with it but under protest?

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:15 am

It was never red or dead. It was never administration if we did not do as Tan wanted.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:45 am

Nuclearblue wrote:

It was never red or dead. It was never administration if we did not do as Tan wanted.

Not immediately but in the longer term I think it could have been a distinct possibility. Luckily now we will never know so all we can do is speculate

Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:32 am

Hell if we don't get to the Prem Tan might just might pull out anyway. But the interest he is charging would kill us if he ever goes.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:47 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Hell if we don't get to the Prem Tan might just might pull out anyway. But the interest he is charging would kill us if he ever goes.

We'd only be back to where we were when he came in then, with HMRC and other creditors swarming all over us!

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:01 am

Overthemoon wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Hell if we don't get to the Prem Tan might just might pull out anyway. But the interest he is charging would kill us if he ever goes.

We'd only be back to where we were when he came in then, with HMRC and other creditors swarming all over us!

Dont talk rubbish, the debt is already over twice as much as it was then, and by the end of next season three times as much.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:08 am

In my opinion we're fucked with him (red f*cking kit with a shit f*cking beer-mat badge and he still hasn't paid Wankston, converted his debt or signed anyone half decent :!: ) and fucked without him, but he would get f**k all back aswell as were not worth anywhere near 100,000,000 million :roll:

VT would just be another Langstone on a much larger scale :roll: :roll:

So yes i will whole heartily be supporting keepcardiffblue@mail.com

God i miss Ninian Park and now playing RED :cry: :cry:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:08 am

CP76 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

Dont talk rubbish, the debt is already over twice as much as it was then, and by the end of next season three times as much.

How??? CP seriously think about one thing!!

Lets say he does what he says, £100 million invested, historic debt wiped out, World class training facilities, world class stadium a sustanable playing squad and hopefully premiership football.

All for a bargain £100 million, why people keep banging on about the same thing all the time is beyond me.

ITS A BUSINESS, HE IS IT IN TO MAKE A OVERALL PACKAGE AND SELL THE CLUB TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER

For the measly sum of £100 million he is gonna treble that amount, bargain!!

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:09 am

Sorry daz stole your signature :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:14 am

CP76 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

How come everybody talks rubbish on here, except for you? :?

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:15 am

caerdydd_78 wrote:
CP76 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

Lets say he does what he says, £100 million invested, historic debt wiped out, World class training facilities, world class stadium a sustanable playing squad and hopefully premiership football.

All for a bargain £100 million, why people keep banging on about the same thing all the time is beyond me.

ITS A BUSINESS, HE IS IT IN TO MAKE A OVERALL PACKAGE AND SELL THE CLUB TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER

Fair enough, do all the above then change to ffing Red if its really needs to be done... but i am questioning why piss off 4000 or more loyal supporters on a whim.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:18 am

moggs1306 wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:
CP76 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

Fair enough, do all the above then change to ffing Red if its really needs to be done... but i am questioning why piss off 4000 or more loyal supporters on a whim.

None of us knows whether it's a whim or not, as VT hasn't divulged all his plans and what businessman in his right mind would?

Perhaps the reason that VT has kept his cards close to his chest, is the reason why so many people are pissed off, as they no longer get as much news out of the club, that they were once doing! :idea:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:21 am

moggs1306 wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:
CP76 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

4000???? almost single figures.

Ill also ask the same question, how many of the so called 4000 bought season tickets to get a ticket for the Carling Cup final???

They didnt want a season ticket in the first place, its there reason to get away with a free day out.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:23 am

Perhaps the reason that VT has kept his cards close to his chest, is the reason why so many people are pissed off, as they no longer get as much news out of the club, that they were once doing! :idea:[/quote]

Overthemoon, what a sensible post mate and one, if true im very happy with. The club needs to be more professional in its approch to things and stop so called fans leaders leaking false or twisted info. Unless it comes direct from the club, simple wait and see.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:27 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:
CP76 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

Read the post I was replying to again Stevie Wonder.

The post was implying that if he doesnt deliver PL football, and is still loaning us money not equity, what state are we going to be in then, and Mr.Spoon said "We will only be back where we were" which is utter rubbish.

We are in a much worse position now.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:59 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:
CP76 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

If it is a business why didn't he spent 100m or even a quarter of that on players last season?,surely 100m worth of players would have got us to the premiership which is now worth 150m to promoted clubs.......No brainer I reckon :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:02 pm

I agree with keeping business plans inhouse...BUT.....on such an emotive issue as a re-brand further and detailed explanation should have been forthcoming.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:03 pm

CP76 wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:
CP76 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

The post was implying that if he doesnt deliver PL football, and is still loaning us money not equity, what state are we going to be in then, and Mr.Spoon said "We will only be back where we were" which is utter rubbish.

Again how?? the malaysians are using there own money, they will always have an interest in where that money is going.

Seriously, this guy is not stupid, they do not have controlling interest in this club as he owns about 40%. However, he has a massive controlling effect on this club as he is owed the most by the club, should he clear off langstone, i believe he will do as promised.

But, persoanlly his plan is what ive been saying for a long time, by the time his plan is done he will have the following -

1) A World Class Training Facility
2) A World class stadium with possible naming rights
3) A sustainable playing squad with a significant value
4) Premiership Football / European Football
5) Massive fan base in Malaysia / China - Not all about shirt sales before I get jumped on.
6) 18-20k season ticket holders! if not more when the plastics return

All the above for what £100 million, Man Utd is worth billions and he could get a sizable premiership club for absolute peanuts.

Persoanlly from a business perspective, the guy is a bloody genius.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:08 pm

dazzyt wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:
CP76 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

If it is a business why didn't he spent 100m or even a quarter of that on players last season?,surely 100m worth of players would have got us to the premiership which is now worth 150m to promoted clubs.......No brainer I reckon :ayatollah:

Simple answer, he was still working on plans for the re-brand. Even though plans and the re-brand are not the finished artical, these would have been worked on for months.

Also why spend £25 million on players when we still had 4 months of the season yet to play, anything can happen from January til the end of the season. They would have lost millions should promotion not be won.

This is why there plan is longterm.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:33 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:
CP76 wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:
CP76 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

Again how?? the malaysians are using there own money, they will always have an interest in where that money is going.

Seriously, this guy is not stupid, they do not have controlling interest in this club as he owns about 40%. However, he has a massive controlling effect on this club as he is owed the most by the club, should he clear off langstone, i believe he will do as promised.

But, persoanlly his plan is what ive been saying for a long time, by the time his plan is done he will have the following -

1) A World Class Training Facility
2) A World class stadium with possible naming rights
3) A sustainable playing squad with a significant value
4) Premiership Football / European Football
5) Massive fan base in Malaysia / China - Not all about shirt sales before I get jumped on.
6) 18-20k season ticket holders! if not more when the plastics return

All the above for what £100 million, Man Utd is worth billions and he could get a sizable premiership club for absolute peanuts.

Persoanlly from a business perspective, the guy is a bloody genius.

Look out Cliffy weve got pigs flying high :lol:

If you really think that "Plan" above is possible on 28 million then you need to go and take a lie down.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:32 pm

Look out Cliffy weve got pigs flying high :lol:

If you really think that "Plan" above is possible on 28 million then you need to go and take a lie down.[/quote]

£28million??? where did that come from genius?

Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:48 pm

The 100 million includes turning debt and next seasons prospective operating losses (around 72m) into equity.

That leaves us 28m to build world class training facilities, turn the morgue into a world class stadium and a squad thats competing in Europe :lol:

Try putting a zero on after the 28 and then your "genius plan" may have some credence.

Until then watch the flying pigs. :lol:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:12 pm

CP76 wrote:The 100 million includes turning debt and next seasons prospective operating losses (around 72m) into equity.

That leaves us 28m to build world class training facilities, turn the morgue into a world class stadium and a squad thats competing in Europe :lol:

Try putting a zero on after the 28 and then your "genius plan" may have some credence.

Until then watch the flying pigs. :lol:

Going forward, Cardiff City is expecting a cash injection in the amount of £35 million to meet its financial obligations for the period from now until May 2013, including a substantial amount for squad strengthening within budgets. Of this amount, £10 million has been earmarked to settle the long standing Langston debt, which if accepted by Langston will go a long way to cleaning up the balance sheet of the club. This further £35 million cash injection coupled with my earlier investment of £40.8 million will add up to a very sizeable £75.8 million invested in the club.

In addition to this, we have budgeted £10 million for the new Premier League standard training facilities and £12 million to increase the stadium capacity by an additional 8,000 seats to 35,000 seats. Add this further £22 million CAPEX and our investment in Cardiff City will have ballooned to £97.8 million. With a contingency provision of another £2.2 million and our total investment will reach £100 million.