Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Football Commentator RIP

Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:47 am

Loving the Euros, hating the commentary on the Beeb and ITV. Its so important IMO, to have A VOICE in tandem with the crowd and what goes on in the game, these current ones have crap dialogue, ordinary speaking voices, and overdo the claptrap, they are boring. Martin Tyler doesn't cut it for me. No one with a classic voice, I quite like some radio commentators like Mike Ingham but nowhere near this lot....

Less is more, and the king was David Coleman.

Closely followed by John Motson
Barry Davies
Brian Moore
Gerald Sinstad
Hugh Johns
Ken Wolstenhome

And of course other sports legendary commentators, Bill Mclaren, Peter O Sullevan, Ted Lowe, Dan Maskell, Jim Laker, richie Benaud, Sid Wadell, Harry Carpenter, Ron Pickering, and my favourite Cliff Morgan.

Now there some voices for you.

Re: The Football Commentator RIP

Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:54 am

Oh and how could I forget

The chap from Sgorio around about late 90's?

Brilliant powerful passionate voice, Spanish football in Welsh, classic!
Anyone know his name?

Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:59 am

I forget what I was watching a couple of months ago, but it was basically saying that we are one of the few countries in the world who employ ex-footballers to commentate on matches, as most other countries use professional, well trained pundits and commentators instead.... Let's be honest, footballers are hardly known for their high IQ's and ability to string coherent sentences together are they....

Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:11 am

tangledupinblue wrote:Loving the Euros, hating the commentary on the Beeb and ITV. Its so important IMO, to have A VOICE in tandem with the crowd and what goes on in the game, these current ones have crap dialogue, ordinary speaking voices, and overdo the claptrap, they are boring. Martin Tyler doesn't cut it for me. No one with a classic voice, I quite like some radio commentators like Mike Ingham but nowhere near this lot....

Barry Davies
Brian Moore
Gerald Sinstad
Hugh Johns
Ken Wolstenhome

And of course other sports legendary commentators, Bill Mclaren, Peter O Sullevan, Ted Lowe, Dan Maskell, Jim Laker, richie Benaud, Sid Wadell, Harry Carpenter, Ron Pickering, and my favourite Cliff Morgan.

John Motson? You can't be serious surely?

He is one of the worst commentators around and is so annoying! He talks complete nonsense usually nothing to do with the game in front of him. He finishes every sentence with either a question or exclamation mark and he pronounces 90% of footballers names wrong even though his co commentator is saying them correctly!!

Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:47 am

IDWELL ROBLING................. :old:

Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:12 pm

I want to see Chris Kamara do commentary for the next world cup. He's great

Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:30 pm

only ones i can tolerate are the soccer saturday lot. ccfc world, radio wales and anything on MOTD or euros is shit!

Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:41 pm

Shminky Binky wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:Loving the Euros, hating the commentary on the Beeb and ITV. Its so important IMO, to have A VOICE in tandem with the crowd and what goes on in the game, these current ones have crap dialogue, ordinary speaking voices, and overdo the claptrap, they are boring. Martin Tyler doesn't cut it for me. No one with a classic voice, I quite like some radio commentators like Mike Ingham but nowhere near this lot....

Barry Davies
Brian Moore
Gerald Sinstad
Hugh Johns
Ken Wolstenhome

John Motson? You can't be serious surely?

He is one of the worst commentators around and is so annoying! He talks complete nonsense usually nothing to do with the game in front of him. He finishes every sentence with either a question or exclamation mark and he pronounces 90% of footballers names wrong even though his co commentator is saying them correctly!!

It's cool to hate what others love is it not? Stop trying to fit in cunty.

Motson is the best there is and the best their ever will be. :old: :old: