Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Students.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:38 pm

Are you a fan of these jumped up little pompous twats?

Back in my day you had to have the right character to go to university, you had to be a nice fella and a well rounded individual. Nowadays they are letting any Tom, Dick and Mohammed into university and students have suffered for it. I find most students I come across and where I live in Roath has been infested by the vermin are often to spaced out and dull to even converse.

The majority do not wash, have greasy hair, bucktoothed, spotty and pale. Full of their own self importance giving everyone who will f*cking listen a lesson life. To think that they are the future of this f*cking country makes me feel happy that I am f*cking 70 this week.

:old: :old: :old:

Re: Students.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:12 pm

Let's try not to generalise but I do think student behaviour has become worse over the past 10 years. I've stayed in Cathays after leaving uni so I've had a front row seat for this change. I've witnessed more counts of abuse, violence and racism than I ever had but it only takes one prick to ruin a group's reputation.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:20 pm

I think that is a bit true and generalising. I can't believe the number of 'muck-abouts' at the (grammar) school I go to. :shock:

Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:37 pm

Have you met me or something?

Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:41 pm

What a load of rubbish.
I could make a similar post about older people, but I won't because I know such a post would be unfair, and for the most part untrue, as it is only a small minority who make a group look bad.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:01 pm

WelshBluebird wrote:What a load of rubbish.
I could make a similar post about older people, but I won't because I know such a post would be unfair, and for the most part untrue, as it is only a small minority who make a group look bad.

A huge proportion of the pension generation (the over 65's who were born during the war) are far worse than any present day student. There are some horrible little f**kers who grew up during the (haven't had so good days) of the 1960's.

They were the children of the Golden Generation, those who fought and won the Second World War. They could never emulate their parents so instead found their own niche by becoming the worst parents, employers, employees, and bigots that this country has ever seen.

I would take today's youth over them anytime.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:09 pm

The problem is, there's to many college-university courses! You name it and you can guarantee there's a fekin course for it lol to many pointless courses that don't amount to anything. You can be a right braindead swine and still walk into college and have the choice of God knows how many pointless courses to choose from. There's quite a few students who are just wasting everyones time, they would be better served out learning skills through work experience. Not all, but some.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:15 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Are you a fan of these jumped up little pompous twats?

Back in my day you had to have the right character to go to university, you had to be a nice fella and a well rounded individual. Nowadays they are letting any Tom, Dick and Mohammed into university and students have suffered for it. I find most students I come across and where I live in Roath has been infested by the vermin are often to spaced out and dull to even converse.

The majority do not wash, have greasy hair, bucktoothed, spotty and pale. Full of their own self importance giving everyone who will f*cking listen a lesson life. To think that they are the future of this f*cking country makes me feel happy that I am f*cking 70 this week.

I genuinely agree with you on the uni point as much of a joke as this may be. The morons who's pinnacle of career ambition is "Medicine or journalism bhoiii!!" get on my nerves, too many are taking higher education and becoming pseudo intellectuals.

There needs to be some element of simple workforce in any culture for the foreseeable future. They aren't repressed before any idiot jumps on my back, but the mouth breathing beer swilling lads who go to uni just should not be allowed. No chance.

For the record, hygiene is my prerogative and my perceived arrogance stems from facts.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:38 pm

The Mystery wrote:
Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Are you a fan of these jumped up little pompous twats?

I genuinely agree with you on the uni point as much of a joke as this may be. The morons who's pinnacle of career ambition is "Medicine or journalism bhoiii!!" get on my nerves, too many are taking higher education and becoming pseudo intellectuals.

There needs to be some element of simple workforce in any culture for the foreseeable future. They aren't repressed before any idiot jumps on my back, but the mouth breathing beer swilling lads who go to uni just should not be allowed. No chance.

For the record, hygiene is my prerogative and my perceived arrogance stems from facts.

"The morons who's pinnacle of career ambition is Medicine or journalism."

Both are very difficult career paths which require much aspiration, dedication and qualifications. I would think twice before branding those who aspire to follow either as 'morons.'

Your second paragraph is either extremely vague or poorly phrased, as I'm not entirely sure what you're suggesting here.

N.B Your constant use of 'pseudo-intellectual' is backfiring considerably, no offence lad.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:40 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
The Mystery wrote:

"The morons who's pinnacle of career ambition is Medicine or journalism."

Both are very difficult career paths which require much aspiration, dedication and qualifications. I would think twice before branding those who aspire to follow either as 'morons.'

Your second paragraph is either extremely vague or poorly phrased, as I'm not entirely sure what you're suggesting here.

What I mean is, they cannot see beyond the obvious ambitious choices which they cannot achieve, and as such are setting themselves up to fail. They are moronic for believing they can successfully make a living in those careers.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:45 pm

I would be more inclined to suggest that much of Britain's youth actually lack any definitive ambition, especially in the current economic climate. This is what I'd most like to change, re-invigorate the youth and you can secure the future.

But yes I do agree, there is most certainly a fine line between ambition and delusion.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:49 pm

They have to be better than a lot of oldies stumbling around in their urine soaked trousers moaning about the younger generation and plastics :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:32 am

"I genuinely agree with you on the uni point as much of a joke as this may be. The morons who's pinnacle of career ambition is "Medicine or journalism bhoiii!!"

As a journalist (ironically, one who cannot figure out how to quote properly on this messageboard, thus proving your point :? ) I would have to say you are an arse. However, it would be a fair point if you had only said ' textiles and food tech bhoiii!!'

Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:23 am

I can't help but think that the OP is actually just a bitter old man and that this post is out of jealousy. Perhaps, in his day, he indeed did not have "the right character to go to university", or that he was not "a nice fella and a well rounded individual" to enable him to go to university, as he said. He perhaps did not have the opportunity to go and therefore appears quite bitter that there is now more equality for young people to explore the options available to them?

Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:49 pm

Say what you will, I'm working my ass off in university now and I'm proud of what I've achieved so far!

Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:49 pm

sambluebird wrote:Say what you will, I'm working my ass off in university now and I'm proud of what I've achieved so far!

Good for you and keep it up!

Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:53 pm

It's the english ones who go to UWIC. IT'S RAINING ENOUGH WITH THE FLIP FLOPS

But on a side note, f**k you and your boring gimmick

Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:14 pm

Thanks,

Anyway I just realised that my last post on this topic was a pretty shocking way to defend myself.

I was on the bus about a month ago after taking the girlfriend out for a quiet drink and there was a guy on the bus shouting at some students the exact same nonsense that any person young or old would say to slate students.

Now I don't know if this sounds harsh but I really do not want to make a good impression to you or anybody who talks crap about students. I am in this because I have a PASSION and LOVE for what I study.

Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:15 pm

And the last bit was about Bluebird since 1948 not you Bridgend Bluebird.

Thanks for the kind words though! :D

Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

sambluebird wrote:Thanks,

Anyway I just realised that my last post on this topic was a pretty shocking way to defend myself.

I was on the bus about a month ago after taking the girlfriend out for a quiet drink and there was a guy on the bus shouting at some students the exact same nonsense that any person young or old would say to slate students.

Now I don't know if this sounds harsh but I really do not want to make a good impression to you or anybody who talks crap about students. I am in this because I have a PASSION and LOVE for what I study.

At the end of the day, students will end up running this country and help come up with new inventions, cures etc. So I have full respect for students. I sincerely wish I did better in school, I only walked away with 4 C's, I didn't realise how important school was until I left. IF I did better in school, I would've gone on to study Physics. (if I had the grades)

Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:28 pm

Nice high horse you got there.

Being a "greasy haired, bucktoothed, spotty and pale" student is 100% better than being a High School drop out destined for the dole, so cut them/us some slack.

Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:29 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:Nice high horse you got there.

Being a "greasy haired, bucktoothed, spotty and pale" student is 100% better than being a High School drop out destined for the dole, so cut them/us some slack.

Isn't 1948 Gwyn?

Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:04 pm

The Douce wrote:It's the english ones who go to UWIC. IT'S RAINING ENOUGH WITH THE FLIP FLOPS

Funny, cause many other more obscure, and therefore containing a much higher welsh contingent, have much worse reputations than that of Cardiff Mets. Glamorgan for example is absolutely awful.

Way to make an already controversial topic racist as well though.

Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:04 pm

In response I never went to University but I could have. Do not make assumptions you horrible tw*t. Secondly what Uni are you in Sam? Thirdly most students think people who do not go to University are a rung below them, cures for Cancer? f**k me have you not heard of courses like "public studies" and "American studies" for f**k sake.

Also to the c**t who posts in bold, I know you feel the need to post in bold because you feel no one will read your spineless and boring drivel so f**k off cunto.

:old:

Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:20 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:In response I never went to University but I could have. Do not make assumptions you horrible tw*t. Secondly what Uni are you in Sam? Thirdly most students think people who do not go to University are a rung below them, cures for Cancer? f**k me have you not heard of courses like "public studies" and "American studies" for f**k sake.

Also to the c**t who posts in bold, I know you feel the need to post in bold because you feel no one will read your spineless and boring drivel so f**k off cunto.

:old:

Gwyn, pack it in fella.

Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:33 pm

Andrew9545 wrote:
The Douce wrote:It's the english ones who go to UWIC. IT'S RAINING ENOUGH WITH THE FLIP FLOPS

Funny, cause many other more obscure, and therefore containing a much higher welsh contingent, have much worse reputations than that of Cardiff Mets. Glamorgan for example is absolutely awful.

Way to make an already controversial topic racist as well though.

Actaully Glamorgan is fine spent a few years there and enjoyed it so not sure how you formed that opinion. :)

Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:24 pm

Listen you spotty students with a traffic cone on your head and cheap warm larger in your belly and an empty text book between your ears, remember, and never ever forget the 3 Rs.

Its stood me in good stead, it'll never ever leave you. The three R s. Reading, Righting and and f**k me if i can remember the third one.

Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:38 pm

jama wrote:Listen you spotty students with a traffic cone on your head and cheap warm larger in your belly and an empty text book between your ears, remember, and never ever forget the 3 Rs.

Its stood me in good stead, it'll never ever leave you. The three R s. Reading, Righting and and f**k me if i can remember the third one.

You're a decent advertisement for higher education.

Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:39 pm

In all seriousness you should grasp with both hands the various benefits and opportunities a good educaction gives and provides you.

When i was young very few kids went on to higher education. Enjoy it.

Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:43 pm

jama wrote:In all seriousness you should grasp with both hands the various benefits and opportunities a good educaction gives and provides you.

When i was young very few kids went on to higher education. Enjoy it.

I was prepared for a barrage of youth-related insults!

This is very true though, and alot more under 16's should realise it.