Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

which emblem the fans would be willing to have on a shirt.

Poll ended at Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:06 am

A - Proposed Red Crest
2%
B - Round Crest
51%
C- Sheild Crest
47%

Total votes : 116

Re: * karlmpayne - BADGE DESIGN POLL *

Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:01 pm

karlmpayne wrote:
djwayne wrote:A couple of comment please take constructively not meant as a dig at all.

Firstly colour fading, I know it looks good on the designs on screen but badges are generally embroidered and colour fading and embroidery don't really work well together.

On badge B the text at the top and bottom should be moved slightly as both are off centre. the top text clockwise and the bottom text anti-clockwise.

The BBQ bluebird has already been mentioned so will leave that :)

The one gold football on badge B looks lonely personally think either 2 for balance or none.

On badge C you have 2 gold footballs(they need to be level) and I don't know if its intentional but you used different colours for the red / blue in both badges.

Text at the bottom of badge C is gonna be real hard to make look right due to the shape and length of words. at the moment it looks a little odd.

Like i said initially constructive comments. ;)

I think both badges are fab and would be pretty happy with either. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Keep up the good work nice to see some enthusiasm for some decent alternatives to the shite the club have imposed on us.

Hi Djwayne

Thanks for the comments, i really appreciate them.

I never really thought i would be in the situtation i am with these badges and so never really sat down to make these badges look perfect. I think once ive seen Cardiff City FC and got there comments along with everyone elses then if given the chance to use a design of mine, i will then create the design with perfect measurements and colours etc. I know what you mean with the embroidering and im sure i will be able to find a solution / alternative.

These are the comments that we all apreciate, after all if used then it will be the supporters badge.

Thanks

Karl

Karl,

I used to work in garment finishing so have done a fair few bdges in my time and am a fussy b*stard to a fault. Would be nothing for me to embroider 10 samples of a badge making minor tweaks to get it right when most people would have ben happy with the very first one. :lol: :lol:

Good work though have to say I am very impressed with what you have done and like the logic you have used in creating the badges with mixing the 2 colours and attempting to balance the needs of the fans and the club.

I do hope the club either go with one of your existing designs or commision you to design something for next years badge as out of all the design I have seen on the forums / facebook etc yours have stood out as the most original of the lot. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:03 pm

Have you posted on MM board as well? The more that vote the better :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:04 pm

djwayne wrote:
karlmpayne wrote:
djwayne wrote:A couple of comment please take constructively not meant as a dig at all.

Firstly colour fading, I know it looks good on the designs on screen but badges are generally embroidered and colour fading and embroidery don't really work well together.

On badge B the text at the top and bottom should be moved slightly as both are off centre. the top text clockwise and the bottom text anti-clockwise.

The BBQ bluebird has already been mentioned so will leave that :)

The one gold football on badge B looks lonely personally think either 2 for balance or none.

On badge C you have 2 gold footballs(they need to be level) and I don't know if its intentional but you used different colours for the red / blue in both badges.

Text at the bottom of badge C is gonna be real hard to make look right due to the shape and length of words. at the moment it looks a little odd.

Like i said initially constructive comments. ;)

I think both badges are fab and would be pretty happy with either. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Keep up the good work nice to see some enthusiasm for some decent alternatives to the shite the club have imposed on us.

Hi Djwayne

Thanks for the comments, i really appreciate them.

I never really thought i would be in the situtation i am with these badges and so never really sat down to make these badges look perfect. I think once ive seen Cardiff City FC and got there comments along with everyone elses then if given the chance to use a design of mine, i will then create the design with perfect measurements and colours etc. I know what you mean with the embroidering and im sure i will be able to find a solution / alternative.

These are the comments that we all apreciate, after all if used then it will be the supporters badge.

Thanks

Karl

Karl,

I used to work in garment finishing so have done a fair few bdges in my time and am a fussy b*stard to a fault. Would be nothing for me to embroider 10 samples of a badge making minor tweaks to get it right when most people would have ben happy with the very first one. :lol: :lol:

Good work though have to say I am very impressed with what you have done and like the logic you have used in creating the badges with mixing the 2 colours and attempting to balance the needs of the fans and the club.

I do hope the club either go with one of your existing designs or commision you to design something for next years badge as out of all the design I have seen on the forums / facebook etc yours have stood out as the most original of the lot. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

thanks Djwayne, really appreciated.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:14 pm

karlmpayne wrote:
brick1964 wrote:
karlmpayne wrote:Hi all
My name is Karl, and i created the two emblems that have been floating around on here for just over a week.
The support that i have received from everyone has been amazing and thanks top some of you sending my emblems to Cardif City HQ and my emailing of the emblems to Alan Whiteley, they have asked to see come in on wednesday to discuss the designs in more detail.
I am almost 100% sure that i have missed the boat this time as regards getting it on a city shirt this season, but im hoping to be given the chance to help develop a future emblem.

I want to show Cardiff City the support that the fans have given me by presenting the emblems with a poll on which emblem the fans would be willing to have on a shirt.
This is the first Poll ive ever created and so i hope it works, If it dont then I appologise for wasting peoples time.

Anyways i will add the logos below marked with (A), (B), and (C)

A= Cardiff Citys New Proposed Red Crest

B= My Round Crest

C= My Sheild Crest

Ive maid it so that you can only vote for one design, but also so that you can change your mind at any time.

Once Again Thank you all so much for showing such appreciation for my design.

Hi Karl.....i think your designs are fantastic i personally like B.
are You from Porthcawl originally?

Hi Brick1964

nah im a Barry man mate!

Ahh O-Kay.....there's a KP in Porthcawl as well.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:28 pm

Both of your designs are excellent - and I was really struck by the round design when I saw it. I even posted it on CCMB to generate debate and ended up with a monster thread almost all totally in support of what you had created.

I think a round design is better - a more modern and adaptable shape. However, the shield design you have since produced has a bigger bluebird and less intrusive flames - it seems to be more of a balance between dragon and bluebird. For that reason I have voted for the shield. However, if you could redo the round one to produce the same effect that would be the best of all.

Good luck. Let's hope this is centre stage in the promised 'fan consultation'..

Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:37 pm

All great designs mate

But id say the dragon has to be facing West

Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:49 pm

jon1959 wrote:Both of your designs are excellent - and I was really struck by the round design when I saw it. I even posted it on CCMB to generate debate and ended up with a monster thread almost all totally in support of what you had created.

I think a round design is better - a more modern and adaptable shape. However, the shield design you have since produced has a bigger bluebird and less intrusive flames - it seems to be more of a balance between dragon and bluebird. For that reason I have voted for the shield. However, if you could redo the round one to produce the same effect that would be the best of all.

Jon,

Thanks for your comments, really appreciate them. Could you give me a link for that thread?, would be Interesting to look at.

Karl

Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:57 pm

B for me. The dragon and bluebird flow better than C.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:05 pm

Either B or C I prefer the crest type badge tho.

Exactly 49% for both.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:41 pm

well done mate both are cracking designs,personally prefer the round badge but would be quite happy with the crest.It makes you think who on earth did the club employ to design the beer mat.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:14 pm

This poll just show how much people hate the new badge :lol:

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:32 pm

karlmpayne wrote:
jon1959 wrote:Both of your designs are excellent - and I was really struck by the round design when I saw it. I even posted it on CCMB to generate debate and ended up with a monster thread almost all totally in support of what you had created.

Jon,

Thanks for your comments, really appreciate them. Could you give me a link for that thread?, would be Interesting to look at.

Karl

He you go:

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/fudforum/index.ph ... 53&start=0

Sorry I didm't credit you properly when i first posted it - But TLG did a good job for you with his later post and blog

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:42 pm

Voted B- Have to say both B & C look great, a fantastic effort and I would be proud to wear either of them ( B just gets the nod cos the dragon is facing the right way) Well done mate and good luck on Wednesday

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:43 pm

jon1959 wrote:
karlmpayne wrote:

Jon,

Karl

He you go:

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/fudforum/index.ph ... 53&start=0

Sorry I didm't credit you properly when i first posted it - But TLG did a good job for you with his later post and blog

I meant to add that it got 96 posts and 2979 views in about 24 hours.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:45 pm

B is the best. Infact it's the best Cardiff badge design I've ever seen.

I think our current badge is actually okaaaaay... don't shoot me :lol:
The shield for C seems a bit too wide, if it was thinner then it would look better but great job none the less! :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:14 am

Hi guys

The meeting i had with the city went well, They were very impressed with my artwork and by the amount of support the fans have had for it. I cant promise you that my badge will be on a next seasons kit, cos i dont know. Ill keep coming up with new ideas for the badge and kit and keep passing them onto the city in hope for change.

I know were not happy with the kit there using but its still the same players out there who need our support and cheers.. Not our arguments. Lets make sure they get it!!

I wont be wearing red, But they dont Have that choice!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: