Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

which emblem the fans would be willing to have on a shirt.

Poll ended at Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:06 am

A - Proposed Red Crest
2%
B - Round Crest
51%
C- Sheild Crest
47%

Total votes : 116

* karlmpayne - BADGE DESIGN POLL *

Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:06 am

Hi all
My name is Karl, and i created the two emblems that have been floating around on here for just over a week.
The support that i have received from everyone has been amazing and thanks top some of you sending my emblems to Cardif City HQ and my emailing of the emblems to Alan Whiteley, they have asked to see come in on wednesday to discuss the designs in more detail.
I am almost 100% sure that i have missed the boat this time as regards getting it on a city shirt this season, but im hoping to be given the chance to help develop a future emblem.

I want to show Cardiff City the support that the fans have given me by presenting the emblems with a poll on which emblem the fans would be willing to have on a shirt.
This is the first Poll ive ever created and so i hope it works, If it dont then I appologise for wasting peoples time.

Anyways i will add the logos below marked with (A), (B), and (C)

A= Cardiff Citys New Proposed Red Crest

B= My Round Crest

C= My Sheild Crest

Ive maid it so that you can only vote for one design, but also so that you can change your mind at any time.

Once Again Thank you all so much for showing such appreciation for my design.

Re: * karlmpayne - BADGE DESIGN POLL *

Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:20 am

Really like B and C, and B just edges it for me.

Good work on both, if I was talented enough to come up with designs like that then the only minor tweaks that I'd make is to remove the "EST 1899" text, thus making more room to make the bluebird even bigger. I'm not sure it would be possible to emroid the blue/red blend, though I'm no textile whizz, so maybe you can.

Good effort

Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:24 am

No doubt in my mind. The round crest is one of the best that I have ever seen. It fills me with pride to be both a Bluebird & Welsh. Excellent Karl - thanks :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:25 am

C looks great mate - well done.

Just a small point, not trying to be clever, but you've spelt Shield wrong twice there. If you are going in to see the big man, detail counts - good luck :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:27 am

Defo B for me Karl, looks really good, well done and good luck :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:29 am

Blue Never Red wrote:C looks great mate - well done.

Just a small point, not trying to be clever, but you've spelt Shield wrong twice there. If you are going in to see the big man, detail counts - good luck :ayatollah:

Thanks Blue Never Red.. Probably need more sleep, didnt get off the pc til 3am lol.. thanks for voting.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:33 am

Voted matey, went for the round one,

Like em all matey :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:33 am

karlmpayne wrote:

Thanks Blue Never Red.. Probably need more sleep, didnt get off the pc til 3am lol.. thanks for voting.

Know that feeling mate, just try to get as much supporting evidence/research ready for your meeting. No pressure, but whether we keep the beer mat or not is on your head :lol:

Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:39 am

Blue Never Red wrote:
karlmpayne wrote:

Know that feeling mate, just try to get as much supporting evidence/research ready for your meeting. No pressure, but whether we keep the beer mat or not is on your head :lol:

Im quite sure that the beer mat wont change right now! I dont know how long it takes but im pretty much sure theres just not enough time to get mine into production.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:08 am

The shield. The round one, although very nice looks like a pin badge (n offence) the third one looks like a club emblem and is the best fan made badge so far. Hope the club option it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:19 am

RFMH wrote:The shield. The round one, although very nice looks like a pin badge (n offence) the third one looks like a club emblem and is the best fan made badge so far. Hope the club option it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

No Offence taken RFMH. This poll is about the fans giving opinions and the more honest they are the better.
At the end of the day all the fans are going to have different views but i wouldnt want to show cardiff city a crest that fans wouldnt wear. Im only interested in doing it right!!

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:24 am

Great effort. Like both round and shield but the shield pips it 'cos the bluebird stands out more.

The shield would look supreme on a blue kit. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:40 am

The size of the bluebird on the shield is much better, but, I prefer the round one as it just looks so polished and professional.... and of course I've always been a lover of the 1976 kit where the badge was a simple white circle with a bluebird in the middle, so it would be great to go back to this basic shape.... on a blue kit of course though... :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:57 am

karlmpayne wrote:
RFMH wrote:The shield. The round one, although very nice looks like a pin badge (n offence) the third one looks like a club emblem and is the best fan made badge so far. Hope the club option it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

No Offence taken RFMH. This poll is about the fans giving opinions and the more honest they are the better.
At the end of the day all the fans are going to have different views but i wouldnt want to show cardiff city a crest that fans wouldnt wear. Im only interested in doing it right!!

In literally the last hour i've nearly changed my mind :/

Looking at the Chelsea on a badge on a shirt (which is where it kind of counts) and picturing that one there, i'm nearly convinced the round one it best :/

Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:12 am

I prefer the shield one, But the dragon is facing the wrong way. And the colour of it seems better on B.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:27 am

really like the shield and the round badge, couldn't decided, but knew I had to ;) , the round one for me :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:42 am

I went for C. But I think the best would be a combination of both, i.e. the round badge but with the dragon flipped over to the other side. As it is, on B it looks like the bluebird is flying right into the flames.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:37 pm

Karl, they are excellent. Would it be possible to post #2 and #3 individually please. Many thanks.

StT.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:42 pm

karlmpayne wrote:Hi all
My name is Karl, and i created the two emblems that have been floating around on here for just over a week.
The support that i have received from everyone has been amazing and thanks top some of you sending my emblems to Cardif City HQ and my emailing of the emblems to Alan Whiteley, they have asked to see come in on wednesday to discuss the designs in more detail.
I am almost 100% sure that i have missed the boat this time as regards getting it on a city shirt this season, but im hoping to be given the chance to help develop a future emblem.

I want to show Cardiff City the support that the fans have given me by presenting the emblems with a poll on which emblem the fans would be willing to have on a shirt.
This is the first Poll ive ever created and so i hope it works, If it dont then I appologise for wasting peoples time.

B= My Round Crest

C= My Sheild Crest

Ive maid it so that you can only vote for one design, but also so that you can change your mind at any time.

Hi Karl.....i think your designs are fantastic i personally like B.
are You from Porthcawl originally?

Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:49 pm

They are excellent, Karl. I like both #2 and #3. They show the CCFC one up to be extremely poor. Even now if I were at CCFC I'd get that shocking rugby beer mat consigned to the brewery dust-bin and hope no-one ever remembers it. I voted for #3 for a number of reasons ... not least that there is more space to make the Bluebird even bigger. Could you do that?

StT.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:50 pm

One small point the "B" badge is great, but the writing "Fire & passion should shift around a bit to make it more asthetic :thumbup: PS when you go down ask them to change the short color to white :lol:

Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:55 pm

brick1964 wrote:
karlmpayne wrote:Hi all

B= My Round Crest

C= My Sheild Crest

Hi Karl.....i think your designs are fantastic i personally like B.
are You from Porthcawl originally?

Hi Brick1964

nah im a Barry man mate!

Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:11 pm

ill be checking all the comments later and wil look at what can be adjusted on the crests, looks like B is winning on here, the redbluebirds forum and facebook.. obviously the more popular so far.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:12 pm

Really Like Both b & c great designs :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:30 pm

A couple of comment please take constructively not meant as a dig at all.

Firstly colour fading, I know it looks good on the designs on screen but badges are generally embroidered and colour fading and embroidery don't really work well together.

On badge B the text at the top and bottom should be moved slightly as both are off centre. the top text clockwise and the bottom text anti-clockwise.

The BBQ bluebird has already been mentioned so will leave that :)

The one gold football on badge B looks lonely personally think either 2 for balance or none.

On badge C you have 2 gold footballs(they need to be level) and I don't know if its intentional but you used different colours for the red / blue in both badges.

Text at the bottom of badge C is gonna be real hard to make look right due to the shape and length of words. at the moment it looks a little odd.

Like i said initially constructive comments. ;)

I think both badges are fab and would be pretty happy with either. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Keep up the good work nice to see some enthusiasm for some decent alternatives to the shite the club have imposed on us.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Both are fantastic....but gotta choose one so i went for b.Deciding factor was the dragon facing the right way.
Hope it all goes well at your meeting mate. good luck

Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:20 pm

B is good for me but will they go for it?? They might think there's to much bluebird in it.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:21 pm

CityBlue1 wrote:Really Like Both b & c great designs :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I'd much prefer your avatar for the new badge :lol:

Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:53 pm

Well done Karl
Both your designs are very professional
Its "B" for me

Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:54 pm

djwayne wrote:A couple of comment please take constructively not meant as a dig at all.

Firstly colour fading, I know it looks good on the designs on screen but badges are generally embroidered and colour fading and embroidery don't really work well together.

On badge B the text at the top and bottom should be moved slightly as both are off centre. the top text clockwise and the bottom text anti-clockwise.

The BBQ bluebird has already been mentioned so will leave that :)

The one gold football on badge B looks lonely personally think either 2 for balance or none.

On badge C you have 2 gold footballs(they need to be level) and I don't know if its intentional but you used different colours for the red / blue in both badges.

Text at the bottom of badge C is gonna be real hard to make look right due to the shape and length of words. at the moment it looks a little odd.

Like i said initially constructive comments. ;)

I think both badges are fab and would be pretty happy with either. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Keep up the good work nice to see some enthusiasm for some decent alternatives to the shite the club have imposed on us.

Hi Djwayne

Thanks for the comments, i really appreciate them.

I never really thought i would be in the situtation i am with these badges and so never really sat down to make these badges look perfect. I think once ive seen Cardiff City FC and got there comments along with everyone elses then if given the chance to use a design of mine, i will then create the design with perfect measurements and colours etc. I know what you mean with the embroidering and im sure i will be able to find a solution / alternative.

These are the comments that we all apreciate, after all if used then it will be the supporters badge.

Thanks

Karl