Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: HUGE TAKEOVER NEWS!!!

Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:23 am

hornet_fan wrote:the new guy has a lot of rebuilding work to do, that east stand is a mess haha.

i would be very happy with a comfortable top half season.

Get a few more players like John Barnes and Luther Blissett and you will push on for promotion :D

Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:52 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:
hornet_fan wrote:the new guy has a lot of rebuilding work to do, that east stand is a mess haha.

i would be very happy with a comfortable top half season.

Get a few more players like John Barnes and Luther Blissett and you will push on for promotion :D

nah. barnesy and luther are players of the past. hoping to get di natale on loan :D

Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:51 pm

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/ticker/hu ... em=3317630

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... ootball%29

Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:07 pm

looks like our current owner is pulling out of the deal. its never boring be a watford fan.......unfortunately this could mean administration or even curtains for my club. :( i fear this is the end.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:10 pm

hornet_fan wrote:looks like our current owner is pulling out of the deal. its never boring be a watford fan.......unfortunately this could mean administration or even curtains for my club. :( i fear this is the end.

The way they were talking in a BBC report it didnt sound great.
Would u take a billionaire owner but play in blue :shock:

Wont Elton save you?

Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:13 pm

hornet_fan wrote:looks like our current owner is pulling out of the deal. its never boring be a watford fan.......unfortunately this could mean administration or even curtains for my club. :( i fear this is the end.

Assuming there was any deal in the first place. As I said earlier, doubted much would have changed from February.

More like your owner using the previous rumour to make it known he'd sell, trying to drum up other interested parties.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:18 pm

I'll give you £20 to change to a pink kit and call yourself the Watford Princesses :D

On a serious note I feel bad for you :(

I think that we're going to see a lot of clubs slip into trouble over the next couple of years which is why I'm so in favour of the changes that our club will have to go through. It's better than ending up like Pompey, they look to be on the cusp of liquidation.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:51 pm

@nerd

there definitely was a deal. look at the club statements this week, even the pozzos have said they were negotiating. im a bit deflated now though ill admit.

@aramore

i fear for the worst here. it is clear to everyone we need to sell, we need the money. the really disappointing thing is, we don't actually have much debt. we currently have a 1m overdraft and chairman loan of circa 4m. all our previous debt was turned into bonds with the previous owner. if we go out of businesses and others keep going despite running up debts into 10s of millions it will be horrible.

i will keep you all informed.

#prayforwatford

Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:28 pm

apparently the local rag has now realised an article saying the deal is still on.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:47 pm

I honestly think that there are too many professional clubs in England/Britain and that over the next ten years we may see the liquidation of several clubs which I believe will eventually led to a two tier premier league and, I hope not, no relegation from the second tier of the premier league.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:55 pm

making the premier league a franchise would be a disaster, i agree 110%.

So the official watford site has updated us now saying: despite earlier remarks [by the owner bassini] the deal is progressing well.

im feeling slightly better about it now, but wont be cracking open any champagne anytime soon i feel. i have a funny feeling that our owner is not as in control of the club as he would like to be.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:00 pm

Aramore wrote:I honestly think that there are too many professional clubs in England/Britain and that over the next ten years we may see the liquidation of several clubs which I believe will eventually led to a two tier premier league and, I hope not, no relegation from the second tier of the premier league.

That's exactly where I can see football heading, it's already been mentioned a few times by people at the top. The next step will then be a franchise system like the NFL, say another 20 years down the line.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:30 pm

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/ne ... tlead.html

Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:59 am

Completed now apparently according to the local paper with an announcement expected this afternoon.

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/ ... _takeover/?

If this is true and the deal has been completed then I expect us to be more of a force next season, still i would only hope for a top half finish. There is a lot of work to do at the vic.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:36 am

Official Statement expected at 1:30pm.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:03 pm

hornet_fan wrote:Official Statement expected at 1:30pm.

do you think dyche will be gone when this goes through, apparently zola will take the job then

Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:06 pm

thomas9990 wrote:
hornet_fan wrote:Official Statement expected at 1:30pm.

do you think dyche will be gone when this goes through, apparently zola will take the job then

up to the new owners. would be a shame to see dyche go as he did well last season, but it is very much the new owners prerogative. i think zola would do a great job anyway. top 6 finish? :D

Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:37 pm

CLUB CONFIRMATION

http://www.watfordfc.com/page/NewsDetai ... 14,00.html?

So glad we are not going into administration now. Onwards and upwards.

I told you this was happening Nerd. :D