Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HUGE TAKEOVER NEWS!!!

Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:11 pm

Watford are apparently in the process of being taken over by Gianpaulo Pozzo the italian billionaire who owns Udinese and Grenada.

Im not really sure how I feel about this. I just want some much needed stability at the club. I guess it would also be nice to have four stands.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: HUGE TAKEOVER NEWS!!!

Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:13 pm

Good for you! Best of luck next season but not too much. ;) :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:16 pm

U may play in green next year as your home strip :lol:

He loves that colour like the Malaysians like Red

Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:23 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:U may play in green next year as your home strip :lol:

i have heard worrying rumours that we are to relocate to the warner bro studios next to the harry potter studios, have our nickname changed to 'The Muggles' and have a new badge featuring an owl on a broomstick above our new motto of 'avada kedavra'.

Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:28 pm

Yeah it won't be long until you're playing in green/red and you'll have a massive pizza on your badge. :lol:

You don't need 4 stands though because you don't sell out much? Good news for you if he does take over.

Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:32 pm

JonCCFC wrote:Yeah it won't be long until you're playing in green/red and you'll have a massive pizza on your badge. :lol:

You don't need 4 stands though because you don't sell out much? Good news for you if he does take over.

i know it would be nice though to have an empty stand for the sound to reverberate off. :D

im still dubious it will happen to be honest, ive been a watford fan for too long.

Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:33 pm

hornet_fan wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:Yeah it won't be long until you're playing in green/red and you'll have a massive pizza on your badge. :lol:

i know it would be nice though to have an empty stand for the sound to reverberate off. :D

im still dubious it will happen to be honest, ive been a watford fan for too long.

COME JOIN US, COME JOIN US, COME JOIN US OVER HERE! :lol:

Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:33 pm

You'll be fine mate.

Any thoughts on your new kit though? Probably good to act now quickly given the news - we've got a little bit of experience on this one which you might possibly have heard about.

We've got a job-lot of brand new really nice looking "Dragon Theme" badges that don't look at all like beer matts in any way at all that we will be probably/hopefully be looking to sell in around six weeks if your new owners are interested?

We could also offer the services of the designer who is responsible for our new fantastic badge too. Be warned though - there is a risk that you may end up with a picture of a Cornet on your shirts. Your new nickname will not fair much better but apparently the "Cornetto's" re-brand will have the Italians buying your shirts quicker than they can pay their taxes! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:35 pm

Yeah and??????
What has this got to do with a Cardiff forum???

Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:36 pm

Valleybluebird wrote:Yeah and??????

Nothing, but Hornet is a decent away fan who doesn't come up with random drivel like our "friend" swansealad69.

Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:45 pm

Don't be surprised if any new stands lean a little.

Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:46 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

Nothing, but Hornet is a decent away fan who doesn't come up with random drivel like our "friend" swansealad69.

its about football. like bridgend says i occasionally pop in to say hello to the bluebirds. don't tell me you looked at this and thought it was about cardiff? :D

Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:56 pm

hornet_fan wrote:Watford are apparently in the process of being taken over by Gianpaulo Pozzo the italian billionaire who owns Udinese and Grenada.

Im not really sure how I feel about this. I just want some much needed stability at the club. I guess it would also be nice to have four stands.

Good luck, but you cannot own more than one football club UEFA rules so not a good sign as similar things happened down in Portsmouth.

Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:06 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:Good luck, but you cannot own more than one football club UEFA rules so not a good sign as similar things happened down in Portsmouth.

he wont actually own the club, it will be his son apparently. im also pretty sure that you can own multiple clubs just not in the same country, as it counts as a conflict of interests.

Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:08 pm

hornet_fan wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:Good luck, but you cannot own more than one football club UEFA rules so not a good sign as similar things happened down in Portsmouth.

he wont actually own the club, it will be his son apparently. im also pretty sure that you can own multiple clubs just not in the same country, as it counts as a conflict of interests.

just had a bit of a look and it wouldnt be illegal or anything. problems would arise if both clubs were playing in the same european competition. not sure watford necessarily have to worry about that...................yet :D

Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:09 pm

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/ ... _rumours_/

So it was a bs rumour in Feb. Can't see much changing since then.

Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:13 pm

nerd wrote:http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/9526642.Udinese_owner_s_Watford_takeover__journalistic_rumours_/

So it was a bs rumour in Feb. Can't see much changing since then.

its been on sky sports news and bbc news today and a couple of todays papers. like i said i definitely am not getting too excited about it. firstly these things have a big habit of falling through, and secondly im a little bit worried with the direction we may go. i just want a stable family friendly club.

Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:34 pm

hornet_fan wrote:
hornet_fan wrote:

just had a bit of a look and it wouldnt be illegal or anything. problems would arise if both clubs were playing in the same european competition. not sure watford necessarily have to worry about that...................yet :D

problem is mate i do worry for any club, it is almost an identical case which pompey went through, it was his son who run pompey but the money guy basically owning them (cant remember there names mind)
fingers crossed things work out for you though
:ayatollah:

Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:08 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:problem is mate i do worry for any club, it is almost an identical case which pompey went through, it was his son who run pompey but the money guy basically owning them (cant remember there names mind)
fingers crossed things work out for you though
:ayatollah:

same here. i felt very sorry for cardiff a couple of weeks ago. at the end of the day our clubs which mean a lot to fans, are nothing but expensive toys for the megarich.

Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:12 pm

hornet_fan wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

its about football. like bridgend says i occasionally pop in to say hello to the bluebirds. don't tell me you looked at this and thought it was about cardiff? :D

No didn't think it was about Cardiff, just thought y write it in here??? I wouldn't go on a Watford forum and write out business :roll:

Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:57 pm

hornet_fan wrote:Watford are apparently in the process of being taken over by Gianpaulo Pozzo the italian billionaire who owns Udinese and Grenada.

Best of luck to you. BTW did you watch that QPR documentary (the 4 year plan or something like that)?

That gave a brilliant insight into how Itallian owners run a football club ;)

Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:59 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Best of luck to you. BTW did you watch that QPR documentary (the 4 year plan or something like that)?

i did. i find documentaries very unnerving. you remember that panorama one about dodgy owners, watford were mentioned on there as being a target previously before we got taken over by our current owner.

i just hope that as he has been in charge of two clubs already, he might be able to run us more effectively. if it comes to fruition.

Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:08 pm

hornet_fan wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:

i did. i find documentaries very unnerving. you remember that panorama one about dodgy owners, watford were mentioned on there as being a target previously before we got taken over by our current owner.

i just hope that as he has been in charge of two clubs already, he might be able to run us more effectively. if it comes to fruition.

Our prospective new owner Vincent Tan got a mention in Despatches :lol: so I know what you mean about being nevey about a possible new owner.

On the QPR doc my favourite bit was when the Itallian's were ranting and raving when things weren't going there way.

At one point I'm sure they said the kept a list of seven possible new managers just in case they got rid of the current one :lol:

Real fans stuff, brilliant

Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:13 pm

:lol:

Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:02 pm

Snaag wrote:Don't be surprised if any new stands lean a little.

I liked that. Good man! :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:03 pm

udinese play in black and white so that could be your home kit next season. :lol:

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:06 am

hornet_fan wrote:
LutonBluebird wrote:U may play in green next year as your home strip :lol:

i have heard worrying rumours that we are to relocate to the warner bro studios next to the harry potter studios, have our nickname changed to 'The Muggles' and have a new badge featuring an owl on a broomstick above our new motto of 'avada kedavra'.

class! made me chuckle!lol

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:09 am

looks very likely that this could go ahead. if he puts some money into the club and we get a few signings in then i reckon we can finish top half again next season.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:40 am

hornet_fan wrote:looks very likely that this could go ahead. if he puts some money into the club and we get a few signings in then i reckon we can finish top half again next season.

Don't be afraid to dream a little bigger.

Take us for example. We dream of,nay, expect,nay, Demand! Premiership every season. And look how well it works out for us. =D

Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:24 am

the new guy has a lot of rebuilding work to do, that east stand is a mess haha.

i would be very happy with a comfortable top half season.