Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Premier League football isn't the solution

Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:09 pm

There are too many people on here thinking that getting to the Premier League is the answer to all of your debt problems, it's not.

It comes with a massive increase in costs, just to remain anywhere near competitive, add in the cost of bonuses that your players, staff and everyone else involved with Cardiff City will be on, it isn't the magic fix that some of your posters seem to think that it will be.

Next point, television rights... If you think that selling your television rights to Asia is the answer, then think again. In Spain, Real Madrid and Barcelona sell their own rights, in the U.K. this isn't allowed...

I f**king hate the way football is going and even though I'm a Swansea fan, I saw my late fathers team go to the wall today and for some reason, even though I thought nothing much of Rangers, it still hurt?

I don't have any answers to your situation, but please don't think that Premier League football will be a magic fix...

Re: Premier League football isn't the solution

Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:15 pm

We don't. Our owners have had their own way regarding red kit/crest change. Now we just want them to pay our debts off like they promised. The money tan earned just from selling his facebook shares would cover them no problem.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:17 pm

scotsjack wrote:There are too many people on here thinking that getting to the Premier League is the answer to all of your debt problems, it's not.

It comes with a massive increase in costs, just to remain anywhere near competitive, add in the cost of bonuses that your players, staff and everyone else involved with Cardiff City will be on, it isn't the magic fix that some of your posters seem to think that it will be.

Next point, television rights... If you think that selling your television rights to Asia is the answer, then think again. In Spain, Real Madrid and Barcelona sell their own rights, in the U.K. this isn't allowed...

I f**king hate the way football is going and even though I'm a Swansea fan, I saw my late fathers team go to the wall today and for some reason, even though I thought nothing much of Rangers, it still hurt?

I don't have any answers to your situation, but please don't think that Premier League football will be a magic fix...

It's not the answer but it's a solution to Manu problems and a platform to build upon.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:22 pm

murphy wrote:We don't. Our owners have had their own way regarding red kit/crest change. Now we just want them to pay our debts off like they promised. The money tan earned just from selling his facebook shares would cover them no problem.

That's the way forward, but getting promoted won't solve everything, these money men need to honour their promise to you, the Premier League wouldn't fix anything.

Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:27 am

You act like being forced to invest in the squad and make renovations is a bad thing.. THe club makes more, and spends more to make it more entertaining football. Fans then enjoy it more.

Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:24 am

cardifflovefc wrote:You act like being forced to invest in the squad and make renovations is a bad thing.. THe club makes more, and spends more to make it more entertaining football. Fans then enjoy it more.

That's all great, just that reading some of the posts on here, there are a few of your fans that seem to think that getting to the Premier League will solve your debt problems and allow your club to run at a profit. It probably wouldn't, not many clubs make a profit in the prem.