Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

goalkeepers dont save and hold the ball anymore

Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:46 pm

they seem to parry the ball away,im guessing the balls used today swerve so much :ayatollah:

Re: goalkeepers dont save and hold the ball anymore

Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:49 pm

It's so rare to see a solely football question on this board lately :lol:
Last edited by Die Walkure on Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:49 pm

They seem so light now I guess it's impossible to judge them.
I've noticed the major tournements now see very few "screamers" or top quality goals from free kicks as well. Is this because they can't judge the ball themselves?

Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:52 pm

2blue2handle wrote:They seem so light now I guess it's impossible to judge them.
I've noticed the major tournements now see very few "screamers" or top quality goals from free kicks as well. Is this because they can't judge the ball themselves?

my boy was given a premiership ball and the couple of times we used it,it was fantastic...he wont use it anymore :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:54 pm

krabb wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:They seem so light now I guess it's impossible to judge them.

my boy was given a premiership ball and the couple of times we used it,it was fantastic...he wont use it anymore :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The prem balls always seem ok but the euro and world cup balls always seem to light weight maybe they feel the need to bring out a new ball for sales reasons.
Even players first touches seem poor again because they may be to light.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:59 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
krabb wrote:

The prem balls always seem ok but the euro and world cup balls always seem to light weight maybe they feel the need to bring out a new ball for sales reasons.
Even players first touches seem poor again because they may be to light.

true,the free kicks in euros havnt been to good,maybe this is why :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:19 pm

Wasn't their uproar about the balls used in the World Cup ?? My mate bought this years replica ball and it was like a beach ball goes anywhere, if the actual thing is anything like the replica then I guess that's why :lol:

Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:22 pm

Scruffy wrote:Wasn't their uproar about the balls used in the World Cup ?? My mate bought this years replica ball and it was like a beach ball goes anywhere, if the actual thing is anything like the replica then I guess that's why :lol:

Your right about the world cup. All sorts of random shots
I don't see any fuss this year, the football doesn't seem to flow though.