Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Really devastated.....city in admin

Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:00 pm

Can't believe receivers in, players sold, oh, hold on, we're not!!!!

YES THATS RIGHT A BILLIONAIRE INVESTOR HAS RELEASED A STATEMENT OUTLINING HIS INVESTMENT AND VISION IN OUR CLUB!!

But hey, they're laying a red carpet..........

Re: Really devastated.....city in admin

Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:04 pm

Welshpaul wrote:Can't believe receivers in, players sold, oh, hold on, we're not!!!!

YES THATS RIGHT A BILLIONAIRE INVESTOR HAS RELEASED A STATEMENT OUTLINING HIS INVESTMENT AND VISION IN OUR CLUB!!

But hey, they're laying a red carpet..........

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:13 pm

Great post...Talking to business partner today and is a massive Rangers fan and he's devastated. He said only wish somebody would want to invest money and would even take a colour change. We don't half have some morons on this website, protect our history etc...There was no Bluebird on our badge when we won the FA Cup and would you really like to go back to the Tuesday nights against Barnet with 2,000 watching us. No!!!! Move on, shut up and start supporting the new regime. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:17 pm

We are nearly £100 million in debt with a man willing to loan us more and pile even more debt upon us.

That is nothing to be happy about. We are just about at the same debt levels as Rangers with a fraction of the income.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:19 pm

North Wales Blue wrote:Great post...Talking to business partner today and is a massive Rangers fan and he's devastated. He said only wish somebody would want to invest money and would even take a colour change. We don't half have some morons on this website, protect our history etc...There was no Bluebird on our badge when we won the FA Cup and would you really like to go back to the Tuesday nights against Barnet with 2,000 watching us. No!!!! Move on, shut up and start supporting the new regime. :ayatollah:

agree most people on here have a moan whatever the club does , i haven't posted in a long time on here cause most of it is negative crap ,we have a guy willing to invest the most money ever in welsh sporting history and all some people do is moan ,if people dont like the change then tough cause its happening and if they dont go to the games then there will be plenty of new fans that will replace them cardiff city fc will live on :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:21 pm

RoathMagic wrote:We are nearly £100 million in debt with a man willing to loan us more and pile even more debt upon us.

That is nothing to be happy about. We are just about at the same debt levels as Rangers with a fraction of the income.

whers it say loans ? he is converting his new investment in to full 100% take over

Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:24 pm

RoathMagic wrote:We are nearly £100 million in debt with a man willing to loan us more and pile even more debt upon us.

Come up with a sensible answer. What is the alternative?

Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:32 pm

North Wales Blue wrote:

Ive given it a thousand times. But nobody is interested as it doesnt involve a promotion push which is sad.

We know Sam will accept £10 mill so sell Hudson Gun and Miller and pay the man finally.

Then we can sell Whitts, Mason, Earnie and Kiss and pay off PMG with the rest going to Tan meaning we will owe him £30 mill.

Earmark all ftire season ticket money to Tan until it is paid - 4 seasons time we will be debt free.

we will have to operate in the free transfer market as Swansea, Blackpool and Burnley did.

We will have a club, our club and we can once and for all rid ourselves of this gambling with our existance.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:35 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
North Wales Blue wrote:

Ive given it a thousand times. But nobody is interested as it doesnt involve a promotion push which is sad.

We know Sam will accept £10 mill so sell Hudson Gun and Miller and pay the man finally.

Then we can sell Whitts, Mason, Earnie and Kiss and pay off PMG with the rest going to Tan meaning we will owe him £30 mill.

Earmark all ftire season ticket money to Tan until it is paid - 4 seasons time we will be debt free.

we will have to operate in the free transfer market as Swansea, Blackpool and Burnley did.

We will have a club, our club and we can once and for all rid ourselves of this gambling with our existance.

Why would tan accept being paid in 4 years when others (who are unsecured like Langston) being paid before him?

Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:40 pm

roath magic ear mark season ticket money for how long if you sell all the players u said season tickets will drop to nothing as the fans drift away running costs for the stadium would be un tenable but hey roath park could be within our price range i think its time to hold on to the rails and enjoy the roller coaster ride that is cardiff city for better or worse 2 seasons will tell and thats 2 seasons more than rangers have

Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:41 pm

Because he has no choice. We would then be in the driving seat.

But you can do it whatever way round you want, makes no difference. Either way we would be debt free by 2015-16.
Last edited by RoathMagic on Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:42 pm

nickyj wrote:roath magic ear mark season ticket money for how long if you sell all the players u said season tickets will drop to nothing as the fans drift away running costs for the stadium would be un tenable but hey roath park could be within our price range i think its time to hold on to the rails and enjoy the roller coaster ride that is cardiff city for better or worse 2 seasons will tell and thats 2 seasons more than rangers have

even if its 15,000 then thats £6 million. Which would mean 5 season worth.

not to mention the fact we could then offer up the stadium naing rights for sensible money which could also go to Tan.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:43 pm

RoathMagic wrote:Because he has no choice. We would then be in the driving seat.

But you can do it whatever way tound you want, makes no difference. Either way we would be debt free by 2015-16.

He does have a choice, he is the decision maker at the club. He can do what he wants including putting the club into administration he wished.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:47 pm

Loan, are you serious?? Can you read honestly?

Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:49 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
North Wales Blue wrote:

Can't count either..... :roll: :roll:

Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:51 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:Because he has no choice. We would then be in the driving seat.

But you can do it whatever way tound you want, makes no difference. Either way we would be debt free by 2015-16.

He does have a choice, he is the decision maker at the club. He can do what he wants including putting the club into administration he wished.

So you are saying he would choose to get a small % of what he was owed rather than the whole thing?

Lke I said, he has no choice.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:53 pm

You have got to be the most NEGATIVE tw*t on here! you really do my head!

Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:55 pm

trueblue1927 wrote:

You have got to be the most NEGATIVE tw*t on here! you really do my head!

Negative or realistic depends how you look at it.

The fact I dont want my club to follow the fate of Rangers is about as far from negative as you can get.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:08 pm

you must be under 30 roath magic im 47 i was there with 1200 people not 15000 i also remember looking for vouchers in the echo when rick wright was there if cardiff are not successful fans vanish faster than a dynamo trick believe me its a fact red blue doesnt matter if a side is rubbish the fan base drops cardiff have a hard core of about 7 000 in my view always have always will

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:13 pm

nickyj wrote:you must be under 30 roath magic im 47 i was there with 1200 people not 15000 i also remember looking for vouchers in the echo when rick wright was there if cardiff are not successful fans vanish faster than a dynamo trick believe me its a fact red blue doesnt matter if a side is rubbish the fan base drops cardiff have a hard core of about 7 000 in my view always have always will

that makes no sense.

you are saying because you are 47 (i am too btw) you are happy to risk the future of CCFC on a whim rather than do things properly?

No offence but you sound like one of our new glory hunters that worship MOTD.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:19 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

So you are saying he would choose to get a small % of what he was owed rather than the whole thing?

Lke I said, he has no choice.

He does have a choice though.
He can choose to put us into admin, he can choose to invest, he can choose change us red, he can choose to make cut backs.
He can do whatever he wishes.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:22 pm

Why the hell would he put us into admin which will probably liquidate us?

He gets hardly anything back.

He has no choice if we decide to not allow him to take over and refuse anymore loans.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:29 pm

North Wales Blue wrote:Great post...Talking to business partner today and is a massive Rangers fan and he's devastated. He said only wish somebody would want to invest money and would even take a colour change.

He's in the minority.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:30 pm

erm no roath magic im far from a new fan glory hunter i just think its ironic that you spout of figures and act as the only hurt cardiff fan out there vincent tan pays the bills he calls the shots simples unless you have billions to pump into the club id say feck all ur view counts as much as mine does to the likes of vt ie NOTHING and i can only laugh at your pathetic attempt to slate my support of cardiff city i was there before you and will be there long after your gone back to watching motd as you quite rightly pointed out about me i do enjoy a good game lmao

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:30 pm

RoathMagic wrote:Why the hell would he put us into admin which will probably liquidate us?

He gets hardly anything back.

He has no choice if we decide to not allow him to take over and refuse anymore loans.

He won't but could.
Instead he is investing and looking to take us forward.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:33 pm

nickyj wrote:erm no roath magic im far from a new fan glory hunter i just think its ironic that you spout of figures and act as the only hurt cardiff fan out there vincent tan pays the bills he calls the shots simples unless you have billions to pump into the club id say feck all ur view counts as much as mine does to the likes of vt ie NOTHING and i can only laugh at your pathetic attempt to slate my support of cardiff city i was there before you and will be there long after your gone back to watching motd as you quite rightly pointed out about me i do enjoy a good game lmao

Didnt I just give you an alternative?

If we dont want him to call the shots then he doesnt - simple.

We have the means to settle the majority of debt now but we wont be in a position to push for promotion - you have to ask yourself whats more important a chance of getting to the prem or the future of CCFC.

im certainly for the latter.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:40 pm

Whatever the club does its a gamble, same as in anything in life.
Some fans are pessimistic and some are optimistic.
What we need to remember is that nowhere in that spectrum of opinion is there a position that is more "realistic" than any other. When I hear the word realistic... :lol:

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:42 pm

alexc wrote:Whatever the club does its a gamble, same as in anything in life.
Some fans are pessimistic and some are optimistic.
What we need to remember is that nowhere in that spectrum of opinion is there a position that is more "realistic" than any other. When I hear the word realistic... :lol:

everything is a gamble but some outcomes are far worse than others.

id rather ply our trade in league 1 than the very real possibility of not playing in any league ever again.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:44 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
North Wales Blue wrote:

Christ i'm glad your not in charge. Ever heard of the concept of a death spiral in business.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:50 pm

You think that would kill us? you dont have much faith in the management or the rest of the team.

When Swansea were competing with us in the Championship their whole squad cost £2 million.