Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Football Manager 2012

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:12 pm

Can someone tell me how I can search for free goalkeepers? Just got promoted with Torquay, my 2nd choice keeper refused a new contract and my 1st choice isn't good enough for league 1 survival.

Re: Football Manager 2012

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:18 pm

Do a search for position: Goalkeeper, Contract Status: Expired

it's based on your scouting knowledge though so if your scouts haven't seen any decent Goalies then you're screwed. You;'d be better off trying to get someone like Amos from Man U or the like.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:19 pm

Yeah do that and search for a keeper attribute in 10-13 range

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:25 pm

You should of went cardiff in the game when i do a transfer search it always comes up freebies even though i got 1-10million on that would save you a question, maybe thats all we are used to why i keep getting results like this.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:51 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:You should of went cardiff in the game when i do a transfer search it always comes up freebies even though i got 1-10million on that would save you a question, maybe thats all we are used to why i keep getting results like this.

I did do a save with Cardiff. Reached the playoffs, lost to Pompey, club in financial meltdown :oops:

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:56 pm

CantonJack wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:You should of went cardiff in the game when i do a transfer search it always comes up freebies even though i got 1-10million on that would save you a question, maybe thats all we are used to why i keep getting results like this.

I did do a save with Cardiff. Reached the playoffs, lost to Pompey, club in financial meltdown :oops:

If you ever do a Cardiff game again sign Super Dawrin Quintero & Dare Vrsic and get the 4-3-3 Germany tactic off fm-base. Won the Championship first season in charge with Quintero scoring 43 goals and just beat ManUre 8-3 first game of the new season in their own backyard. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:13 pm

PumpedUpKicks wrote:
CantonJack wrote:

If you ever do a Cardiff game again sign Super Dawrin Quintero & Dare Vrsic and get the 4-3-3 Germany tactic off fm-base. Won the Championship first season in charge with Quintero scoring 43 goals and just beat ManUre 8-3 first game of the new season in their own backyard. :ayatollah:

What exactly is the tactic called on fm base ? The only Germany tactic I can see is a 4231 formation.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:45 pm

Blue Never Red wrote:
PumpedUpKicks wrote:
CantonJack wrote:

What exactly is the tactic called on fm base ? The only Germany tactic I can see is a 4231 formation.

JP's Germany style 4-3-3 tactic or something along those lines I think.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:49 pm

Blue Never Red wrote:
PumpedUpKicks wrote:
CantonJack wrote:

Sorry mate think I've had a bit of a mare, I think it is that 4231 tactic.