Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

This message board

Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:42 pm

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Last sunday I came back from holiday,I knew about the change of colour, and the change of badge, of which I have quite openly said I am in favour off, and not because of the money, I don't know why we never played in red anyway, it is our national colour, I want to say that while I was on holiday, I did not have the chance or want to go near a computer, so it was Sunday evening when I opened up this site.
To my amazement I could not believe the level to which this site had sunk, the dolie throwing from both sides of the argument was at the least both childish and nasty, if you people can' t put your case forward in a more responsible way, then you aren't going to convince anyone, it really was disappointing to read comments on a site that I used to enjoy looking forward to.

You asked for a statement from VT, and as soon as he gave it a lot of posts did nothing but pull it apart, some were boarding on calling him a liar, is anyone on here going to put up any finance to keep this club solvent.....No, am I going to put up any finance.....No, am I going to follow the City every week you'r darn right I am, if it's blue yes, if it's red yes, if it's pink yes.
I am beginning to wonder why VT doesn't just walk away, I certainly couldn't put up with the abuse dished out on here, and I spent two years on the streets of Belfast, where I was shot at, stabbed and spat at, so I know what real hate and abuse is. So stop and think, because when or if we are successful this season,most of you will return and watch the club anyway.

Re: This message board

Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:51 pm

Go back on holiday fool. People like you with a balanced and reasoned point of view are not welcome. :roll: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:05 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
My heart say's yes, my wallet say's no.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:23 pm

EL JEFE wrote:So stop and think, because when or if we are successful this season,most of you will return and watch the club anyway.

I don't actually believe that is true. maybe a few will but the majority who stay away I reckon will continue to stay away. If they feel so strongly then that is their right. My club up here have won more trophies in the last 9 seasons since we reformed than we ever did before that. I know folk who stopped going because they had issues with the way it was now being run. They have never went back to another game because they feel strongly about it. They've missed several cup finals and I'm gutted for them because deep down I know how much they care, but they are sticking to their beliefs and I have to give them credit for that.

People will react to this rebranding in all different ways, some of it childish, some of it petty and some of it really well. We won't all agree on it and I do have my own concerns for the future of the club and the wat it's being run at the moment. It still doesn't add up to me and none of the statements have done anything to address my concerns over the future financing and supposedly massive retail benefits that this rebrand will bring.

Todays statement is there to be picked at. VT has to start splashing this cash he is talking about. He's getting his own way, so lets see what he's really all about.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:23 pm

I also spoke to a Birmingham supporter out there, and I asked him could we have Burky back. He called his mate over and told him I was a Cardiff supporter, and told him I wanted Burky back, he laughed and said if Cardiff were stupid enough to give him away in the fist place, then why should we give our player of the season back,anyway he said what's this about changing your colour to red, I told him in the best way I could without giving my feelings on the matter, his reply was are you f.....king nuts, we are 56 Mil in the red, we have a transfer embargo, we have not given our accounts in, our chairman could be jailed for money laundering, we would bite thier hands off for a third of that investment, I said but you were burnt once, and he said that was the FA's fault for not doing due diligence thorough enough.
Just another teams suporter's point of view.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:27 pm

Now that's what I'm talking about, PtB a good well written post, sensibly response put forward.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:35 pm

EL JEFE wrote:Now that's what I'm talking about, PtB a good well written post, sensibly response put forward.

I was just showing off :D

Would have Burkey back anytime. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:39 pm

Supporting Cardiff and Wales is two different things So every team in Wales should wear Red and every team in England should wear White and every team in Scotland should wear Blue.
I don't associate Cardiff City when we are playing with Wales its our Club and we play in Blue White and Yellow!! Well we did :cry:

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:40 pm

:ayatollah: ll : :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Then keep showing off.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:41 pm

EL JEFE wrote:I also spoke to a Birmingham supporter out there, and I asked him could we have Burky back. He called his mate over and told him I was a Cardiff supporter, and told him I wanted Burky back, he laughed and said if Cardiff were stupid enough to give him away in the fist place, then why should we give our player of the season back,anyway he said what's this about changing your colour to red, I told him in the best way I could without giving my feelings on the matter, his reply was are you f.....king nuts, we are 56 Mil in the red, we have a transfer embargo, we have not given our accounts in, our chairman could be jailed for money laundering, we would bite thier hands off for a third of that investment, I said but you were burnt once, and he said that was the FA's fault for not doing due diligence thorough enough.
Just another teams suporter's point of view.

So there are some worse placed teams out there, good to know :lol:

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:46 pm

PtB wrote:
EL JEFE wrote:So stop and think, because when or if we are successful this season,most of you will return and watch the club anyway.

I don't actually believe that is true. maybe a few will but the majority who stay away I reckon will continue to stay away. If they feel so strongly then that is their right. My club up here have won more trophies in the last 9 seasons since we reformed than we ever did before that. I know folk who stopped going because they had issues with the way it was now being run. They have never went back to another game because they feel strongly about it. They've missed several cup finals and I'm gutted for them because deep down I know how much they care, but they are sticking to their beliefs and I have to give them credit for that.

People will react to this rebranding in all different ways, some of it childish, some of it petty and some of it really well. We won't all agree on it and I do have my own concerns for the future of the club and the wat it's being run at the moment. It still doesn't add up to me and none of the statements have done anything to address my concerns over the future financing and supposedly massive retail benefits that this rebrand will bring.

Todays statement is there to be picked at. VT has to start splashing this cash he is talking about. He's getting his own way, so lets see what he's really all about.

I can understand the concern about getting ourselves in to shit street further down the line.If that happens and we go bust then we would of course have to start again.However we MAY have a few great seasons meantime. BUST now or BUST in future.Can't understand the difference.....or am I being oversimplistic (Thick)? :?