Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Transfer budget "

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:28 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
bspark wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:we had one of the highest transfer budgets in the league when dave jones was in charge.. im sure our transfer budget for last yr was 15mil plus... inc. wages, signing on fees and agent costs etc...

the year swansea got promoted we had a budget of almost 20 mil.. while they had one of the lowest at 9mil.

i think the 10mil for this yr as a total budget is way off the mark.. as we have been told that this yrs budget is the biggest in the clubs history..

I think people are saying the total budget is about 25-27m

that would sound about right....

but you also have to include the current monthly operating shortfall of £1.2 million/month ....

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:31 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:£0.00

is that now the value of your jacket?? ;)

That Jacket has Blue on the outside and Red on the inside. Its now an official turncoat jacket :lol: Very sought after now with thousands of fans clamering for one. But for Nukie its only the blue i am interested in. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:41 pm

T. gullibilis wrote:
bspark wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:we had one of the highest transfer budgets in the league when dave jones was in charge.. im sure our transfer budget for last yr was 15mil plus... inc. wages, signing on fees and agent costs etc...

the year swansea got promoted we had a budget of almost 20 mil.. while they had one of the lowest at 9mil.

i think the 10mil for this yr as a total budget is way off the mark.. as we have been told that this yrs budget is the biggest in the clubs history..

but you also have to include the current monthly operating shortfall of £1.2 million/month ....

No you don't, 20m of loans covered last years wage budget and shortfalls, so 25m of loans should cover this seasons shortfalls and leave 5m for malky to spend and making the total budget near 25m.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:56 pm

bspark wrote:
T. gullibilis wrote:
bspark wrote:

No you don't, 20m of loans covered last years wage budget and shortfalls, so 25m of loans should cover this seasons shortfalls and leave 5m for malky to spend and making the total budget near 25m.

Yes, I agree with you - and you with me. bspark and blackwood bluebird seem to be thinking that the total transfer budget is 25-27 million. This is not the case as you've spelled it out above.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:59 pm

So now u are all fuckin forensic accountants!
Unbelievable honestly.

The man has written a statement - which I for one have been waiting for the courtesy of.
Our situation appeared potentially Rangerslike yet we have been given feedback which
Seems geniune (even if its spin - its a good thing to do)
Now you are pick pick picking like fuckin crows on the money.

Do something positive and join the BLUE ARMY and bring the fire back into our football

You sound like bitches :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:11 pm

pensionerbluebird wrote:surely the 1.2 million loss every month will disappear or get less as the huge interest onthe debts will not be there which will add extra millions to budget foir players didnt carl say this years budget was biggest ever and isnt malky happy so why cant fans be satisfied

If Langston is settled then there is a 7% interest saving around £1.5m p/a. The club doesn't actually pay out that amount but it is added to our over all debt on the balance sheet.

On another topic I dispute the £1.5m p/m loss figure. The last accounts showed an over all loss of £12m for the year an average of £1m p/m.

We might have the odd month when VT sends over £1.5m but I'm sure there are other months (like when season tickets go on sale) when he doesn't have to send anything.

Therefore it is safe to assume that another £6m can be added to the amount avaiable to Malky.
Last edited by Tony Blue Williams on Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:12 pm

Before making any more futile attempts at working out transfer funds available, we need to remember that we have no idea about projected income in the coming year from for example reduction in debt interest, sponsorship, sale of assets, re negotiation of contracts, reductions in operating costs etc etc. The thought that any successful businessman would look at CCFC and say losing £1m a month plus is fine by me so lets have another twelve months please....... is frankly ludicrous.
Please remember all our brilliant armchair finance directors are doing is giving ammunition to any potential club who has a player we may be interested in their version on the size of our transfer war chest.............. brilliant strategy.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:16 pm

norfolkblue wrote:Before making any more futile attempts at working out transfer funds available, we need to remember that we have no idea about projected income in the coming year from for example reduction in debt interest, sponsorship, sale of assets, re negotiation of contracts, reductions in operating costs etc etc. The thought that any successful businessman would look at CCFC and say losing £1m a month plus is fine by me so lets have another twelve months please....... is frankly ludicrous.
Please remember all our brilliant armchair finance directors are doing is giving ammunition to any potential club who has a player we may be interested in their version on the size of our transfer war chest.............. brilliant strategy.

Bloody Hell mate calm down. This is a message board where we trade opinions.

I also dispute your claim that we have no idea about projected income, as the accounts are a public document it is easy to see what the recent average income has been and base an opinion on that.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:22 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
norfolkblue wrote:Before making any more futile attempts at working out transfer funds available, we need to remember that we have no idea about projected income in the coming year from for example reduction in debt interest, sponsorship, sale of assets, re negotiation of contracts, reductions in operating costs etc etc. The thought that any successful businessman would look at CCFC and say losing £1m a month plus is fine by me so lets have another twelve months please....... is frankly ludicrous.

I also dispute your claim that we have no idea about projected income, as the accounts are a public document it is easy to see what the recent average income has been and base an opinion on that.

We don't know how much extra income we will get from the Asian markets due the red shirt change though. That is definitely one new stream of income we can't put a figure on.

Oh, my mistake Nuclearblue has already made an estimate earlier in the thread.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:47 pm

bspark wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:

We don't know how much extra income we will get from the Asian markets due the red shirt change though. That is definitely one new stream of income we can't put a figure on.

Oh, my mistake Nuclearblue has already made an estimate earlier in the thread.

That point is totally irrelevant to what we are debating here. Any income from Far East TV deals is for the future, the audited accounts tell us what our income is now and that is what our estimates are based on.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:51 pm

eddiep wrote:So now u are all fuckin forensic accountants!
Unbelievable honestly.

The man has written a statement - which I for one have been waiting for the courtesy of.
Our situation appeared potentially Rangerslike yet we have been given feedback which

Do something positive and join the BLUE ARMY and bring the fire back into our football

calm down eddiep, we're just trying to make sense of the club statement and debating it. That's what this site is for. If you're simply happy just to have received a statement without digesting the content then you may find yourself being equally happy at receiving a statement when the club is back in league 1. This club has a history of dodgy owners, the fans must be vigilant and questioning.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:56 pm

T. gullibilis wrote:
eddiep wrote:So now u are all fuckin forensic accountants!
Unbelievable honestly.

calm down eddiep, we're just trying to make sense of the club statement and debating it. That's what this site is for. If you're simply happy just to have received a statement without digesting the content then you may find yourself being equally happy at receiving a statement when the club is back in league 1. This club has a history of dodgy owners, the fans must be vigilant and questioning.

Even though I agree with eddiep about the statement from VT, no-one should be stopped from debating or scrutinising it, although we should all have open minds to the opinions of others.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:03 pm

in all this how much debate its smacks of we dont know fck all! as nobody seem to have correct figure! or was that vt plan confuscious the fans! :D evrything behind rebranding is presuptions by the fans on what the plan is? only vt actually knows what hes doing? well hope he does!!! :lol:

Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:07 pm

pembroke allan wrote:in all this how much debate its smacks of we dont know fck all! as nobody seem to have correct figure! or was that vt plan confuscious the fans! :D evrything behind rebranding is presuptions by the fans on what the plan is? only vt actually knows what hes doing? well hope he does!!! :lol:

In all honesty mate speak for yourself :P

Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:56 am

the season we made the play offs and lost to reading our playing budget spent for the season on transfers wages and fees etc. was 19 mil. swansea got promoted that year on a 9mil budget...

the following season malky was given a tighter budget that came in less than the above..

this season we have been told that the malky has the biggest budget in cardiff city history...

in all of the above budgets the operating losses have not been shown in the figures... the wage bill alone was 14mil last season...

are we assuming that the club will still be lossing 1.4 mil a month? will we still be losing this a amount a month if the langston deal is tied up, more debt changed to equity a cash injection put into the club and the club making approx 20 mil a year..

some people are quoting the running cost debts in with the playing budget ? if that is so then we will roughly have a transfer kitty of approx 5mil.. 5 mil offer made for 1 player, 800k offer made for another player? how can these be possible?? plus we would have offered a signing on fee for lewis.

im baffled ....

Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:44 am

Gavlar wrote:Trying to work out a transfer budget from the figures given....

£35 million investment for the new season that includes a transfer budget and 10 million earmarked for Langston

We were losing 1.5 million a month, so that's include that

1.5 million x 12 = 18 million

10 for Sam

= 28 million

35-28 = 7 million

Anything else to subtract?

I guessed £7 mil, and Malky has spent £5.8m so far, not a bad guesstimate

Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:59 am

Gavlar wrote:

£35 million investment for the new season that includes a transfer budget and 10 million earmarked for Langston

10 for Sam

= 28 million

35-28 = 7 million

Yep but the fees for signing on and agents would pump that up + free transfers lewis/helguson we have had up so around 7mill it was i would think :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:09 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
Gavlar wrote:

10 for Sam

= 28 million

35-28 = 7 million

Yep but the fees for signing on and agents would pump that up + free transfers lewis/helguson we have had up so around 7mill it was i would think :ayatollah:

good point, i need to play some more football manager 2012, I may have taken those into consideration then :lol:

Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:32 am

Gavlar wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Gavlar wrote:

10 for Sam

= 28 million

35-28 = 7 million

good point, i need to play some more football manager 2012, I may have taken those into consideration then :lol:

Clearly :lol:

Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:50 am

Some people were very sure we had £15m. Would be great if we do have the other £9m to spend on a striker that will score 25 goals this season. Surely £9m would be enough to secure Jordan Rhodes. Or maybe I was right that we have £5m extra on top of what we spent last season. Would love to be wrong on this occasion.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:24 am

I rekon we had £10m transfer fee budget especially giving the fact we bid £5.5m for Jay Rodriguez and are apparently discussing Maynard.....?

Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:01 pm

Merlin wrote:I rekon we had £10m transfer fee budget especially giving the fact we bid £5.5m for Jay Rodriguez and are apparently discussing Maynard.....?

Maybe theres also the players who we have freed up there contracts that costs money :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:29 pm

Carl said we had £13m for transfers

Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:43 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:Carl said we had £13m for transfers

I don't know if carl actually said that, but i and quite a few others posted that his budget, (which was for fees and wages) would be double that of last season, we were led to believe last seasons budget was about £5 million, if that's the case then we are not far away and i still believe there will be one or two more players to come.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:18 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:£0.00

is that now the value of your jacket?? ;)
Its FAKE!!!!!! :lol:

Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:12 pm

When , link pls :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:29 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=83884 :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:38 pm

bspark wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=83884 :ayatollah:

He says we have 15million for players not 13million but yea if thats the case we got another 7-8million as we only spent 7mill odd so we are told, i belief its bollocks clearly otherwise MM would have got more in i bet, maybe hes waiting on JAN who knows, We was told we bid for that rodriguez guy for 6million also but MM has said himself it never happend on Iplayer today ive watched him saying there wasnt even an offer going or gone in for the player it was just talk and thats all it was when a reporter pulled him up on it. :ayatollah: