Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Transfer budget "

Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:29 pm

Trying to work out a transfer budget from the figures given....

£35 million investment for the new season that includes a transfer budget and 10 million earmarked for Langston

We were losing 1.5 million a month, so that's include that

1.5 million x 12 = 18 million

10 for Sam

= 28 million

35-28 = 7 million

Anything else to subtract?

Re: " Transfer budget "

Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:32 pm

This is what I perceive the budget to be, any other suggestions?

Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:36 pm

Surely that's flawed because if we sign players then the monthly £1.5m you've put down will increase.

But then we have also shed 9 players off the wage bill - so how accurate can that be?

Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:38 pm

wheres the running costs :shock:

Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:38 pm

Gavlar wrote:Trying to work out a transfer budget from the figures given....

£35 million investment for the new season that includes a transfer budget and 10 million earmarked for Langston

We were losing 1.5 million a month, so that's include that

1.5 million x 12 = 18 million

10 for Sam

= 28 million

35-28 = 7 million

Anything else to subtract?

close enough, i worked out we were investing 1.2 mil a month for running costs so leaves me with just over £10mil

oh and merlin its £10mil for fees/wages/agents and everything not just transfer fees

Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:39 pm

also tells me theres 10 mill lump sum ready for sam to settle not instalments its in the 35 mill investment

Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:40 pm

Why didnt he just say we have 'X' amount for transfers, seems to have accounted for everything else in great detail except that :?: Even a nominal figure would have been satisafactory....very frustrating

I'm just throwing figures around from info we've had in the past, happy to hear alternative calculations

rb1976 wrote:Why didnt he just say we have 'X' amount for transfers, seems to have accounted for everything else in great detail except that :?: Even a nominal figure would have been satisafactory....very frustrating

he pretty much did say how much, like gavlar has done it doesnt take too much of a think

Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:41 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:wheres the running costs :shock:

1.5 mil a month losses, they are the running costs
Last edited by Gavin on Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:41 pm

what was are budget last year 22million or something i carnt remember :?

Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:48 pm

jezzy666 wrote:
rb1976 wrote:Why didnt he just say we have 'X' amount for transfers, seems to have accounted for everything else in great detail except that :?: Even a nominal figure would have been satisafactory....very frustrating

he pretty much did say how much, like gavlar has done it doesnt take too much of a think

Yeah but he didnt. Lots of numbers about other stuff £ 35 mill for financial obligations which are?
£ 10 mill for Langston if they agree, so somewhere in the potential of £ 25 mill to service above obligations (no figure attached) and squad strengthening. Its still a mystery if you ask me

Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:49 pm

rb1976 wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:

Yeah but he didnt. Lots of numbers about other stuff £ 35 mill for financial obligations which are?
£ 10 mill for Langston if they agree, so somewhere in the potential of £ 25 mill to service above obligations (no figure attached) and squad strengthening. Its still a mystery if you ask me

well gavlar has solved the mystery for you

Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:52 pm

jezzy666 wrote:
rb1976 wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:

well gavlar has solved the mystery for you

Appreciate what your saying just thought it could be a bit more transparent :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:52 pm

Gavlar wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:wheres the running costs :shock:

1.5 mil a month losses, they are the running costs

I see it now gav im on my phone wasnt zoomed in my bad. Are they planning on getting promoted on 7million. The club said we have suppose to have bid for two players worth over 9 million between them? Its on MM last media interview so thats over 7million. Somethings not rite :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:54 pm

agreed mate, but i suppose its hard to predict the next 12 months running costs etc, if we sell players our budget would change etc.

he can only be rough with the figures i suppose

Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:02 pm

surely the 1.2 million loss every month will disappear or get less as the huge interest onthe debts will not be there which will add extra millions to budget foir players didnt carl say this years budget was biggest ever and isnt malky happy so why cant fans be satisfied

Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:21 pm

Looks like there were 20m of new loans last season. Previous accounts only listed 14m. The running costs don't include the interest because we aren't paying it yet it is just shows up on the balance sheet. So they made 20m of loans last year and paid nothing off the interest on either their loans or the Langston one.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:25 pm

bspark wrote:Looks like there were 20m of new loans last season. Previous accounts only listed 14m. The running costs don't include the interest because we aren't paying it yet it is just shows up on the balance sheet. So they made 20m of loans last year and paid nothing off the interest on either their loans or the Langston one.

:shock:

Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:43 pm

we had one of the highest transfer budgets in the league when dave jones was in charge.. im sure our transfer budget for last yr was 15mil plus... inc. wages, signing on fees and agent costs etc...

the year swansea got promoted we had a budget of almost 20 mil.. while they had one of the lowest at 9mil.

i think the 10mil for this yr as a total budget is way off the mark.. as we have been told that this yrs budget is the biggest in the clubs history..

Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:50 pm

£0.00

Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:51 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:£0.00

is that now the value of your jacket?? ;)

Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:51 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:we had one of the highest transfer budgets in the league when dave jones was in charge.. im sure our transfer budget for last yr was 15mil plus... inc. wages, signing on fees and agent costs etc...

the year swansea got promoted we had a budget of almost 20 mil.. while they had one of the lowest at 9mil.

i think the 10mil for this yr as a total budget is way off the mark.. as we have been told that this yrs budget is the biggest in the clubs history..

I think people are saying the total budget is about 25-27m

Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:52 pm

bspark wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:we had one of the highest transfer budgets in the league when dave jones was in charge.. im sure our transfer budget for last yr was 15mil plus... inc. wages, signing on fees and agent costs etc...

I think people are saying the total budget is about 25-27m

that would sound about right....

Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:55 pm

If they say £10m then any club we go to in order to buy players wil inflate costs - simples

Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:56 pm

I don't understand where is the money coming from to buy players :?

Must be Vincent Tan quite why I don't know because absolutely nothing the man does is appreciated by some on this board.

Leave your money in your bank account Vinnie you couldn't be thought any less of in some quarters.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:07 pm

castleblue wrote:I don't understand where is the money coming from to buy players :?

Must be Vincent Tan quite why I don't know because absolutely nothing the man does is appreciated by some on this board.

Leave your money in your bank account Vinnie you couldn't be thought any less of in some quarters.

It will be a loan at 7% interest though. At some point we are going to have to pay them back.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:12 pm

He is not going to give an exact amount for transfers as clubs will ask for more money. He is a businessman.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:21 pm

bspark wrote:
castleblue wrote:I don't understand where is the money coming from to buy players :?

It will be a loan at 7% interest though. At some point we
are going to have to pay them back.

What part of the debt to equity concept do you not understand? :roll:

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:23 pm

pensionerbluebird wrote:surely the 1.2 million loss every month will disappear or get less as the huge interest onthe debts will not be there which will add extra millions to budget foir players didnt carl say this years budget was biggest ever and isnt malky happy so why cant fans be satisfied

Yes but what Carl says isn't always right. What he says needs to be taken with a large pinch of salt.