Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

reply of alan whiteley

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:54 am

Sent him email about changing badge,he said due to lead times they will have to go with it this season,but for next season they will look to interact with fans to choose a badge they can adopt.

Re: reply of alan whiteley

Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:06 am

Well i for one and i9 suspect many others will not be buying any merchandise with that monstrosity of a badge on it :twisted:

Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:13 am

Reply was alot longer than that,but its in yahoo,dont no how to copy it on to here.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:17 am

http://m.yahoo.com/w/ygo-mail/message.b ... gb#actions

Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:18 am

ngriffiths wrote:http://m.yahoo.com/w/ygo-mail/message.bp%3B_ylt=A2KL8xCAq9lPMwoAWCtE9tw4?e=0&f=Inbox&m=2_0_0_1_6620917_AG5UfbwAASVST9l7bwANDGdKLpg&i=1&n=10&r=1&.ts=1339665282&.intl=gb&.lang=en-gb#actions

need your email address and password to login... :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:51 am

The badge certainly seems to have aroused strong emotions amongst many,given the nearness of the new season and lead times of production we will have to run with this for this season,however this may be a one off.the intentions in light of comments is to engage the fans in a process to choose a badge which they effectively adopt. This in itself wont be easy as it sounds as the whole issue is very subjective and draws strong opinions. However that is what we will commit to do,therefore if u are right and the fans do not want the badge this will be a one off season and the shirts will hopefully become. Collectors items.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:54 am

Best result I feel, no point going back to the badge from last season if they change it again anyway. take down all the blue badges, don't pu any up. Poll the fans for a selection of the new one for next season.

Or in short what they should have done in the first place!!

Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:08 am

Positives = Sounds like they're open to 'engage' with us minions and to changing the beer mat badge after this season.

Negatives = We'll have to put up with that embarrassment on the shirt for a whole season.

I thought they 'engaged' when they set up a meeting for the fans leaders, so why are they now saying they will listen when they clearly didn't take on board anything from those meetings? :old:

Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:28 am

NickPenarth wrote:Positives = Sounds like they're open to 'engage' with us minions and to changing the beer mat badge after this season.

Negatives = We'll have to put up with that embarrassment on the shirt for a whole season.

I thought they 'engaged' when they set up a meeting for the fans leaders, so why are they now saying they will listen when they clearly didn't take on board anything from those meetings? :old:

I like the bit about fans leaders you say nick because when the people present said there opinions on it all it was blown away with the wind as they was told VT will do what he wants and will not budge so why there was meetings to start with i will never know because nobody changed anything of the outcome at all as it stands today, as for us fans having a say next season as you put it are you taking the piss they was not intrested six weeks ago why next season :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:55 am

Nobody would be moaning about that beer mat badge if it was designed appropriately and for them to say they will 'engage' and take on board fans opinions for a another new badge in 2013/14 is pure lies to shut us up.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:09 am

NickPenarth wrote:Nobody would be moaning about that beer mat badge if it was designed appropriately and for them to say they will 'engage' and take on board fans opinions for a another new badge in 2013/14 is pure lies to shut us up.

OOOOOHH yes they would :D

Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:31 pm

ngriffiths wrote:Sent him email about changing badge,he said due to lead times they will have to go with it this season,but for next season they will look to interact with fans to choose a badge they can adopt.

Doesn't make sense! surely it makes sense to get the badge right first time round, rather than have to "re-brand" again next season, even if it means delaying releasing the new merchandise

Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:38 pm

cmorris1927 wrote:
ngriffiths wrote:http://m.yahoo.com/w/ygo-mail/message.bp%3B_ylt=A2KL8xCAq9lPMwoAWCtE9tw4?e=0&f=Inbox&m=2_0_0_1_6620917_AG5UfbwAASVST9l7bwANDGdKLpg&i=1&n=10&r=1&.ts=1339665282&.intl=gb&.lang=en-gb#actions

need your email address and password to login... :lol: :lol:

:lol:

Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:46 pm

Not sure why he is so concerned with production runs, he is going to have a hell of a lot of stock left from day one. Fans buying the red shirt will be making a statement, those who will not will be making a larger one.

I am 44 have a beer belly so football shirts were left behind 15 years ago, but I will not buy the kids the obscenely expensive kit (any current kit) for my kids.

Delaying the kit would be an excuse for him when TG asks him why he can barely see red anywhere. I have long left fashion behind and barely think about what i wear to the city, but I will not be putting on a red anything all season.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:46 pm

Disappointing that it looks like its going ahead this coming season, but as said it looks like they wanna negotiate next summer.

Would be interesting to know who designed the beer mat :shock:

Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:50 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:Disappointing that it looks like its going ahead this coming season, but as said it looks like they wanna negotiate next summer.

... Would also be interesting to know who told the beer mat badge designer that he did a good job

:old: :lol: :shock: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:52 pm

NickPenarth wrote:
LutonBluebird wrote:Disappointing that it looks like its going ahead this coming season, but as said it looks like they wanna negotiate next summer.

... Would also be interesting to know who told the beer mat badge designer that he did a good job

:old: :lol: :shock: :ayatollah:

Yeah he needs shooting n all :lol: :lol:
Bet when he put his crayons away and turned to his nursery teacher he never thought it would be used :D