Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Daniel Levy ?

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:03 am

Harry Redknapp's successful but eventful four-year spell as Tottenham Hotspur manager came to an end on Thursday, with the club dismissing the man who took them from the bottom of the Premier League to victories over European giants.

Redknapp, who was heavily linked to the England manager's job before the Football Association appointed Roy Hodgson last month, had one-year remaining on his contract and had said in recent weeks he hoped to renew it.

But after a rollercoaster season where Spurs narrowly missed out on a place in the lucrative Champions League after pushing for the title, and Redknapp was cleared of tax evasion by an English court, chairman Daniel Levy decided a managerial change was necessary.

"This is not a decision the board and I have taken lightly," chairman Daniel Levy said in a short statement on the club's website.

"Harry arrived at the club at a time when his experience and approach was exactly what was needed.

"This decision in no way detracts from the excellent work Harry has done during his time with the club and I should like to thank him for his achievements and contribution." funny old game FOOTY. CCFC lets get BALE ££££££££££££££££££££

Re: Daniel Levy ?

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:08 am

taffy123 wrote:Harry Redknapp's successful but eventful four-year spell as Tottenham Hotspur manager came to an end on Thursday, with the club dismissing the man who took them from the bottom of the Premier League to victories over European giants.

Redknapp, who was heavily linked to the England manager's job before the Football Association appointed Roy Hodgson last month, had one-year remaining on his contract and had said in recent weeks he hoped to renew it.

But after a rollercoaster season where Spurs narrowly missed out on a place in the lucrative Champions League after pushing for the title, and Redknapp was cleared of tax evasion by an English court, chairman Daniel Levy decided a managerial change was necessary.

"This is not a decision the board and I have taken lightly," chairman Daniel Levy said in a short statement on the club's website.

"Harry arrived at the club at a time when his experience and approach was exactly what was needed.

"This decision in no way detracts from the excellent work Harry has done during his time with the club and I should like to thank him for his achievements and contribution." funny old game FOOTY. CCFC lets get BALE ££££££££££££££££££££

who have they got lined up then :?

Re: Daniel Levy ?

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:11 am

Moyes so I have heard!