Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAO - Blue Army Group Organisers

Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:04 pm

I think what your doing is great but the ideas for a name have been dire as of late and they are not really saying anything, no real statement makers, resembling a new beginning, chapter, mini revolution....however you want to look at it.

I have a quirky idea for a name and here is my explanation as to how I have come up with it.

The name would be 'Purple' or 'Porffor' in Welsh.

I believe that the fan base is very much divided in opinion and always will be as long as we play in Red. So my idea was simple, Red & Blue mixed makes Purple. You can keep the name as Purple/Porffor or add another word to it to give it an official title for a group of fans/ organisation.

The Purple Group, whatever you'd call it would be the result of the recent changes in club colours. The colour purple is spawned and adopted by the Cardiff faithful who were divided but now united and sing with passion under the Purple banner.

A bit out there but why not. I thinks it is intelligent and has a a strong storyline and meaning.

Re: FAO - Blue Army Group Organisers

Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:10 pm

Basically this is me as a fan picking my own colour, its a way of saying I acknowledge the Red change but I will be forever Blue. Purple is my way of a peaceful protest and hence why ill be getting a Purple scarf for most of my games this season...its my little way. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:12 pm

tank you for your contribution, this will definately be put in the poll for names and i agree that its a very unoqe take on things thanks again :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:26 pm

Ye, we'll consider this deffo! :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:30 pm

allez les blues action group :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:44 pm

Angry Man wrote:allez les blues action group :ayatollah:

Think you'll find your wrong again, the only action they plan to take is to support the team regardless of shirt colour. They plan to help create a good atmosphere and help the team. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:47 pm

BigGwynram wrote:

Think you'll find your wrong again, the only action they plan to take is to support the team regardless of shirt colour. They plan to help create a good atmosphere and help the team. :lol: :lol: :lol:

well I would hope that it would be up to individual members to what level of action they want to take.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:53 pm

Angry Man wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

well I would hope that it would be up to individual members to what level of action they want to take.

And have they been in touch with you? NO. I have arranged a meeting for them with the club who are behind the plan, This was one of the aims of the German trip to fact find and copy or learn some good ideas from them and use these for the benfit of our club.

This group of young fans got plenty of ideas and enthusiasm, and it needs to be fan led, they have come forward at the right time and it's all very exciting.

another positive from talks I have had with the club today, is the feasibility for setting up a marquee type village in the car park, another lesson from Germany, the whole thing really is an all day event with bars, live bands, barbecues etc, creates a great atmosphere, may be good timing especially as there is talk the Ninian pub may be closing, :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:56 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

And have they been in touch with you? NO. I have arranged a meeting for them with the club who are behind the plan, This was one of the aims of the German trip to fact find and copy or learn some good ideas from them and use these for the benfit of our club.

This group of young fans got plenty of ideas and enthusiasm, and it needs to be fan led, they have come forward at the right time and it's all very exciting.

Oh you are on about that blue action group. Sorry I thought you were talking about something else :lol:
another positive from talks I have had with the club today, is the feasibility for setting up a marquee type village in the car park, another lesson from Germany, the whole thing really is an all day event with bars, live bands, barbecues etc, creates a great atmosphere, may be good timing especially as there is talk the Ninian pub may be closing, :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:57 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

Good stuff Gwyn. Bundesliga strikes the perfect balance between fan services and freedom, and pricing. Their methods need to be implemented over here on a widespread scale. Dortmund's tickets are cheap as chips and have some of the best football in Europe on show.

It is good to see progression and thought from fans of a similar age rather than the old dinosaurs ( no offence ;) ) with worn out last generational ideas.

And Angry Martyr, please just stop looking for gratification and reaction constantly

Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:59 pm

TheLad wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

Good stuff Gwyn. Bundesliga strikes the perfect balance between fan services and freedom, and pricing. Their methods need to be implemented over here on a widespread scale. Dortmund's tickets are cheap as chips and have some of the best football in Europe on show.

It is good to see progression and thought from fans of a similar age rather than the old dinosaurs ( no offence ;) ) with worn out last generational ideas.

And Angry Martyr, please just stop looking for gratification and reaction constantly

Sorry Gwyn I'm not talking about your little get together. I got mixed up then

Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:00 pm

Attention seeking or what? We for a good idea and Someones gotta try and slag it off some supporter you are?

Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:02 pm

TheTrueBlue7 wrote:Attention seeking or what? We for a good idea and Someones gotta try and slag it off some supporter you are?

As I said 'sorry I got mixed up with something else'. FFS

Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:05 pm

Taff on the Mersey wrote:I think what your doing is great but the ideas for a name have been dire as of late and they are not really saying anything, no real statement makers, resembling a new beginning, chapter, mini revolution....however you want to look at it.

I have a quirky idea for a name and here is my explanation as to how I have come up with it.

The name would be 'Purple' or 'Porffor' in Welsh.

I believe that the fan base is very much divided in opinion and always will be as long as we play in Red. So my idea was simple, Red & Blue mixed makes Purple. You can keep the name as Purple/Porffor or add another word to it to give it an official title for a group of fans/ organisation.

The Purple Group, whatever you'd call it would be the result of the recent changes in club colours. The colour purple is spawned and adopted by the Cardiff faithful who were divided but now united and sing with passion under the Purple banner.

A bit out there but why not. I thinks it is intelligent and has a a strong storyline and meaning.

sorry but even though i'm all for this Blue Army idea, i will never support anything that suggests i'm willing to even partly accept this change to red, because im not

i understand that you think it is a neutral name, but i would suggest that just leaving out anything to do with colour is the way forward, something involving bluebird would be my suggestion :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:07 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:sorry but even though i'm all for this Blue Army idea, i will never support anything that suggests i'm willing to even partly accept this change to red, because im not

i understand that you think it is a neutral name, but i would suggest that just leaving out anything to do with colour is the way forward, something involving bluebird would be my suggestion :ayatollah:

Bluebird implies colour loyalty

Gwyn's Guerillas imo

Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:10 pm

TheLad wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:sorry but even though i'm all for this Blue Army idea, i will never support anything that suggests i'm willing to even partly accept this change to red, because im not

Bluebird implies colour loyalty

Gwyn's Guerillas imo

not really, it's just our nickname

but fair enough, something without even Bluebird then

i just think that this is a great idea in its own right and should have nothing to do with the recent changes