Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Where would new rangers fc play?

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:05 pm

would they get kick out of ibrox if they go bust :cry:

Re: Where would new rangers fc play?

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:07 pm

Apparently Greene's got exclusivity over purchasing all of the club's assets for £5.5 million. Which sounds like a bent deal if I ever heard it.

Personally I'd like Celtic to bid £6 million for them then sell the club on and keep Ibrox and rent it out to rangers.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:08 pm

Aramore wrote:Apparently Greene's got exclusivity over purchasing all of the club's assets for £5.5 million. Which sounds like a bent deal if I ever heard it.

Personally I'd like Celtic to bid £6 million for them then sell the club on and keep Ibrox and rent it out to rangers.

It is an absolute scandal that Greene is being lined up for such a deal.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:16 pm

PtB wrote:
Aramore wrote:Apparently Greene's got exclusivity over purchasing all of the club's assets for £5.5 million. Which sounds like a bent deal if I ever heard it.

It is an absolute scandal that Greene is being lined up for such a deal.

I can't see how it's legal.

I understand that he's already paid about £2million of the £5.5million he's using to buy it in advance just to meet the club's running costs so in effect he's buying the assets for £3.5 million. Ibrox alone has got to be worth ten times that even with it being a grade ii listed building.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:33 pm

Nah I been to ibrox, I don't think they could get as much as that for it, even building homes on it

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:35 pm

Er,....Ibrox, perhaps? Forget about the law, Rangers are just too massive to be lost. Good to see football come out on top for once.

Besides, Celtic want Rangers out of the way, so that they (Celtic) can try to get into English football.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:06 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:Er,....Ibrox, perhaps? Forget about the law, Rangers are just too massive to be lost. Good to see football come out on top for once.

Besides, Celtic want Rangers out of the way, so that they (Celtic) can try to get into English football.

They aren't that massive, they are a big fish in a little pond, and like any of us, if we don't pay the bills then someone is always ready to take you to task on it.

hell mend any team that spends what they don't have. They ain't the first to be liquidated and they certainly won't be the last.