Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ''SOMEONE ANSWER ME THIS''

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:24 pm

Roathmagic,

Just to put the debt into perspective.....

IF you had 10 million in your bank and had in a long term safety agreement at 5% apr gained per year.....
(500,00 per year)

Would you if you wanted to buy a big house worth 1m
A:take it directly out of your 10m

B:Use the interest gained on your 10m {500k a year} to pay for the house for you and STILL have your 10m sat in the bank to again gain you interest on it the following year after year?

Pay sam in one go they loose interest on the 10m, pay in installlments and gain interest on it whilst holding it in there bank they actually pay less than 10m as they gain interest on it , and vice versa its worth more to sam in a lump sum secure in his bank plus its gaining interest for him.

Similarly with this debt build up i dont think it worrys VT as its easily sevicable to him as VT's interest gains pay it off as hes sat on his money he's not invested ATM because he dont have to until the Fair play rules come into place where we as a club on paper have to be shown as not operating as a lose............MAYBE this is why Carl states it wont be done for 18 months????

Now the flip side to this is trust as naturally he's going to have to speculate to acumulate by SPENDING MORE to try and get us to the prem where he can then reap the rewards...............BUT to do this he has to run a debt up against us and we have to trust/hope that he honours his word and converts the debt he builds up into share even if we dont make it before the fair play rules kick in.

Just like to say im against the colour and badge change BUT i can understand why he's playing hard and clever on the financial front..........As long as he honour his words after pushes us further into debt and turns it to equity :| :|

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:37 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
Surely you can see cutting expenditure is the way forward not increasing it?

Totally the opposite, cutting expenditure as in lower wages and budgets for players will help to reduce our quality and results will suffer, if we struggle and get relegated, the crowds will drop, our advertising revenue will drop, our league money will drop our tv appearance and Sky money will drop, we then need to trim even more and the downward spiral continues.

Gwyn,

Swansea, Burnley and Blackpool are all recent examples of clubs who have spent very little and gone up. All had lowish crowds, low wages and little transfer fees paid.

You seem to be suggesting you would rather spend wildly, risk the future of the club as we will almost certainly be in major debt in the near future on the back of this rather than do things properly and try and emmulate the achevements of the clubs I mention above?[/quote]

Bang on, my view is if you want it, then go at it all guns blazing, we now have Billionaire backers who can afford to take a punt and take a knock.

If I lose a pound on a horse bet it means nowt, if I lose a thousand pounds it stings a little, one hundred thousand pounds would hurt like hell. To these people one hundred thousand pound would be like my pound, there's gambling and there's gambling, if they take out the equity and they want to gamble, they risk losing pennies, but we could possibly as fans win the jackpot.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:40 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
Surely you can see cutting expenditure is the way forward not increasing it?

Totally the opposite, cutting expenditure as in lower wages and budgets for players will help to reduce our quality and results will suffer, if we struggle and get relegated, the crowds will drop, our advertising revenue will drop, our league money will drop our tv appearance and Sky money will drop, we then need to trim even more and the downward spiral continues.

Gwyn,

Swansea, Burnley and Blackpool are all recent examples of clubs who have spent very little and gone up. All had lowish crowds, low wages and little transfer fees paid.

You seem to be suggesting you would rather spend wildly, risk the future of the club as we will almost certainly be in major debt in the near future on the back of this rather than do things properly and try and emmulate the achevements of the clubs I mention above?

Bang on, my view is if you want it, then go at it all guns blazing, we now have Billionaire backers who can afford to take a punt and take a knock.

If I lose a pound on a horse bet it means nowt, if I lose a thousand pounds it stings a little, one hundred thousand pounds would hurt like hell. To these people one hundred thousand pound would be like my pound, there's gambling and there's gambling, if they take out the equity and they want to gamble, they risk losing pennies, but we could possibly as fans win the jackpot.[/quote]
or lose a club when they get bored and was their loan back
its a gamble

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:44 pm

Gwyn,

You have to understand that IT IS OUR money they are gambling with. What happens in 5 years time if we havent got promoted?

We will be in £90 million of debt + interest pushing it up to nearly £100 million. We would in all probability lose our club. Why are people happy to gamble with this. Its a very real possibility we wont be prooted in the next 5 years which means its a very real possibility we will have no club.

We have the assets now to pay off our debt. Wouldnt you rather have a club forever and build slowly from league 1/bottom half of Championship than risk everything?

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:52 pm

RoathMagic wrote:Gwyn,

You have to understand that IT IS OUR money they are gambling with. What happens in 5 years time if we havent got promoted?

We will be in £90 million of debt + interest pushing it up to nearly £100 million. We would in all probability lose our club. Why are people happy to gamble with this. Its a very real possibility we wont be prooted in the next 5 years which means its a very real possibility we will have no club.

We have the assets now to pay off our debt. Wouldnt you rather have a club forever and build slowly from league 1/bottom half of Championship than risk everything?

What you don't understand is it ain't our money.

It belongs to the business that is CCFC. The fans do not own the business. FACT!

You talk bollocks Jack.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:57 pm

Essoblue wrote:

It belongs to the business that is CCFC. The fans do not own the business. FACT!

You talk bollocks Jack.

You genuinelly thought I was talking about it being the fans money? :shock:

No darling, its the clubs money - which is why its concerning the grown-ups.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:03 pm

How will it be our money, we ain't got any, if they take out their investment as equity any debt is theirs, how can you say it's our money, it's not even our club, we may say it is romantically, but it simply isn't.
They are gmablin with their money, if they lose then it means to get anything back they have to sell the club, to sell the club it either got to be attractive, or set at a price that will attract some other investors who wish to have a punt.

if it worlks and the club can be sold for a profit, then that will still be good for us, mind you some people will still moan if they ever should sell up and move on with a profit.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:08 pm

BigGwynram wrote:

How will it be our money, we ain't got any, if they take out their investment as equity any debt is theirs, how can you say it's our money, it's not even our club, we may say it is romantically, but it simply isn't.
They are gmablin with their money, if they lose then it means to get anything back they have to sell the club, to sell the club it either got to be attractive, or set at a price that will attract some other investors who wish to have a punt.

if it worlks and the club can be sold for a profit, then that will still be good for us, mind you some people will still moan if they ever should sell up and move on with a profit.

In the same way as the club is in £70-£90 million of debt now. We spend money we dont have - ie other peoples money. We are still liable for this.

Yes what you say is right in terms of the initial sum that is being invested. That is the Malaysians money and they are deciding to turn it into equity - this is theirs alone.

The shortfall however doesnt cover itself - they Malaysans are still going to have to put the £18 million per year into the club to keep it affloat. this is going to be OUR debt and they charge 7% on top.

If we dont get promoted in 5 years time we will have £90 - £100 million debt attached to us and will in all probability follow Rangers fate.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:09 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
Essoblue wrote:

You talk bollocks Jack.

No I did not think you were talking as though it was the fans money. But if you want to be grown up, then talk like one.
It is not our money so why say it is?
You're just a wind-up jack on here anyway. :o

Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:17 pm

Essoblue wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
Essoblue wrote:

You talk bollocks Jack.

No I did not think you were talking as though it was the fans money. But if you want to be grown up, then talk like one.
It is not our money so why say it is?
You're just a wind-up jack on here anyway. :o

riiiight. :?

Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:35 pm

Annis, Gwyn don't bite cos roathmagic is a jack! He just outed himself!

Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:35 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:Annis, Gwyn don't bite cos roathmagic is a jack! He just outed himself!

OH
MY
GOD!

Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:36 pm

TheLad wrote:
smakerzthebluebird wrote:Annis, Gwyn don't bite cos roathmagic is a jack! He just outed himself!

OH
MY
GOD!

Come on, everyone must have known really. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:40 pm

No shit. I was being sarcastically dramatic.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:41 pm

My posts worry you tht much you have to mimmick an account in order to try and discredit what I say? :shock:

You really didnt think about the post count issue, your only on 14.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:12 am

RoathMagic wrote:My posts worry you tht much you have to mimmick an account in order to try and discredit what I say? :shock:

You really didnt think about the post count issue, your only on 14.

Look closer we have different names too. ;)

Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:09 am

Totally agree with what RoathMagic (Not Roath Magic) is saying. Been saying the same thing for a while.

If the gamble doesn't pay off wer screwed!